What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.9 this morning!! I stopped taking Metformina month ago and my levels have risen a lot. I stopped taking it because it can cause a deficiency in Vitamin B12. I had all the symptoms (my mother also had it) sohave to have a blood test for it as soon as they send for me.
FBG is a complete mystery for me my readings during the day are fine which gave me a recent A1c of 36. I think if we can keep our control tight ow it should work out. I have never taken Met but I do take a Solgar multi B vit daily.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello and welcome to the thread. We're pleased you could join us.
What she said!

H @Bcgirl, do you think the carnivore diet meant that your body was using stored sugar reserves instead, in an effort to maintain BG levels? And now you have adjusted to a low carb and used up spare stored sugar, its finding a new, lower level? I don't know but sometimes I think my body has a mind of its own - it thinks it knows best despite my best efforts. Carnivore must be pretty well keto, I found it very hard as although I like meat, I feel better on a low carb with plenty of non starchy veg.

Last edited:

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.9 this morning!! I stopped taking Metformina month ago and my levels have risen a lot. I stopped taking it because it can cause a deficiency in Vitamin B12. I had all the symptoms (my mother also had it) sohave to have a blood test for it as soon as they send for me.
What are the symptoms of B12 deficiency? I take a B12 supplement for just that reason as the GP did warn me about it, but I've no idea what it looks like.

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
What she said!

H @Bcgirl, do you think the carnivore diet meant that your body was using stored sugar reserves instead, in an effort to maintain BG levels? And now you have adjusted to a low carb and used up spare stored sugar, its finding a new, lower level? I don't know but sometimes I think my body has a mind of its own - it thinks it knows best despite my best efforts. Carnivore must be pretty well keto, I found it very hard as although I like meat, I feel better on a low carb with plenty of non starchy veg.
That’s what I was hoping for….but not really sure I have any stored sugars (ok, I honestly know everyone does…). I’m very tiny, at five foot seven and 115 pounds soaking wet. I have eaten low carb for years, zero sugar for the past two years.
totally disappointed with this mornings reading…6.5. Dang. My only carbs yesterday were five cherries, half a cup of broccoli and ten blueberries. All eaten with fat and protein. This is such a darn mystery. I exercise daily, always over 10,000 steps, weights and yoga. My pancreas (previous acute severe pancreatitis) is broken and just doesn’t work Normally.
the fight continues

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
5.8 - Friday comes around. I’ve taken the Bins out for our Garbage Guys, thank you Guys. Catching up on my overnight TV recordings and enjoying my premier cuppa Joe.

Got a canal walked planned for today, watching the Canal boat crews operating 200 year old locks whilst putting their backs into it whilst I’m drinking a non-alcoholic beerski.

Toodle pip, T2-ers, Estragon is…. outta here.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Morning all, Fbg 7.3 .havnt posted in a few weeks . I havnt been as rigorous with my testing as a family issue and a 2 week holiday put the breaks on for me. A small bit of carb creap on holidays but stuck to food I knew (hoped) wouldn't spike me . Of the few tests I'd been doing I'm still seeing the morning DP and numbers tapering down during the day high 5's low 6's so nothing really changed .Anyway enough of me . Hope everyone's doing well and enjoy the rest of your day .