What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Morning all, fbg 8... I had around 10g carb total yesterday. 2 meals yesterday first was at 1130am and second or last one was at 7pm and now 13hrs later this high .
Enjoy your day folks

Edited for thinly disguised bad language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning.
6.7 Boooooo!
You have to watch those sneaky carbs! Bought a tray of roast chicken thighs from m&s, after eating 3 of them I checked the ingredients- chicken, brown sugar, dextrose :mad:
I've noticed that dextrose has recently been added to a lot of the foods I eat. Having to check everything now.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning.

I've noticed that dextrose has recently been added to a lot of the foods I eat. Having to check everything now.
I now buy the uncooked M&S chicken legs (which are really good value) and blast them in the Air Fryer for 20 mins or so Instead. That way I know exactly what I’m getting and I can customise with herbs/salt & pepper for extra flavour.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning.

Watch out too for "all natural ingredients and no added sugars" in large letters but maltodextrin in the list of ingredients in the small print.
Under the regulations, this highly processed carbohydrate need not to be defined as a sugar.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Well it was the very hateful 8s this morning but did a workout anyway, despite feeling "off". Think its the weather, sunny one minute then torrential rain the next. Its throwing me off kilter. Plus the 4 rosemary crackers I had last night have done me no favours.

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprising, in a good way, 5.8
the last few days have been rough, not feeling well. My after meal glucose levels have been high….and I don’t know why. Carbs are very low, maybe my pancreas is just shutting down or maybe I have an infection? I promised hubby that I’d call the doc tomorrow if I don’t feel better as today I have my follow up mammogram….hey, maybe that caused a bit of stress.
stinking hot here already this morning and heading for a blistering 37
hello to everyone!