What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Me neither @Lainie71. At least you know why this morning's FBG reading was above your normal range and you know how to get back on an even keel.
True, I have been looking at the peanuts lovingly since 5pm but I have refrained. I think I need my jaws locked!

RD02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all a 5.6 this morning, have a Hba1c test in 2 weeks time. Expecting to be around the 38 -40 mark. Let’s see as a type 1 it’s a constant juggling act. I’ve worked away a lot so constantly guessing carb counts !!!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A new high of 13.2 but still chesty and have now run out of metformin :rolleyes:
Evening @mojo37. Sorry to hear you're still 'chesty'. Your current FBG readings aren't great and of course your chest condition doesn't help. If I were you, I'd contact your GP's practice and ask for the first available appointment with your doctor. Meanwhile, your nominated pharmacist should be able to arrange delivery of your repeat prescription to your home if necessary.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.4 this morning, no messing. The sniffy nose is threatening to morph into a full blown, old fashioned cold, complete with sore throat and croaky voice. Rest of me is fine! Ah well, suppose it had to happen some time, I’ve not had a cold for years.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening @mojo37. Sorry to hear you're still 'chesty'. Your current FBG readings aren't great and of course your chest condition doesn't help. If I were you, I'd contact your GP's practice and ask for the first available appointment with your doctor. Meanwhile, your nominated pharmacist should be able to arrange delivery of your repeat prescription to your home if necessary.
Thanks for your concern re metformin its Easter and no chance of getting anything . Re doctors my chest infection will clear on its own eventually and if you meant reviewing diabetic meds I don't want to increase meds even if I could get an appointment in the nxt few weeks .