What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.1 this morning. Not doing well lately at all. BG average on the rise. Just not focused on myself these days. Work is killing me and I have old parents who are getting needier and needier... as a result I'm not planning my meals and have started to grab any old rubbish that's convenient. My annual HbA1c and eye test are due soon so the terrible results (that I will no doubt get) will hopefully kick me back into touch.
Hello @TheJoshen and welcome to this FBG thread. It's good to see you here.

Logging my FBG readings here, it must be said, helps to keep me motivated, especially when the numbers drift upwards due factors beyond our control like infection and injury.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9.1 this morning. Not doing well lately at all. BG average on the rise. Just not focused on myself these days. Work is killing me and I have old parents who are getting needier and needier... as a result I'm not planning my meals and have started to grab any old rubbish that's convenient. My annual HbA1c and eye test are due soon so the terrible results (that I will no doubt get) will hopefully kick me back into touch.
When lifes tough and hectic, try to keep stocks of hard boiled eggs, cold meats, cheese and nuts handy. Better to grab those than any old rubbish :)

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
hugs to all those who need it….
this morning was 5.8, a few minutes later it dropped to 4.4…unheard of! No dairy or nuts now for 8 days and my glucose levels are certainly lower. the experiment continues. Must say I’m loving butter(ghee) and cinnamon in my coffee, whir it up in a little blender and it’s just like a latte.

Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Libre 5.9
Contour 5.4
Mile walk before work, Peleton after
Yesterdays spirometry didn’t happen, got a letter with 2 appointments on, only surgery didn’t actually book the appointments, now going next month
Enjoy your day everyone it’s nearly the weekend & hugs to all in need

Sharara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have type 2 diaabetes but I am on steroids for another medical condition at present which causes great rise in BS so have to take drug to allow my insulin production to dedeal with it. It s high after dinner but skiwly comes down to a decent level. This morning it was 6.7. Is there anyone lose who has same problem?

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have type 2 diaabetes but I am on steroids for another medical condition at present which causes great rise in BS so have to take drug to allow my insulin production to dedeal with it. It s high after dinner but skiwly comes down to a decent level. This morning it was 6.7. Is there anyone lose who has same problem?
Morning @Sharara and welcome back to this FBG thread. We're pleased you could join us again.

One approach is to have your last meal of the day no later than, say, 6.00 or 7.00 pm and avoid snacking afterwards.
Have you thought about joining @MissMuffett's challenge to stop eating after 7.00 pm?
It's worked wonders for some of us.

I hope a member on steroids will be along shortly to answer your question. Meanwhile, you may attract more replies if you post in the Other Health Conditions and Diabetes subforum as well.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening @mojo37.

Comfort eating is a common response to stressful situations. Once believed to distract and divert attention from negative feelings, it's now thought that certain foods may help to regulate cortisol; the stress hormone which increases blood glucose when a person is under pressure.

Perhaps the answer is to go for a food that's predominantly protein and fat (eg. a cube of cheese and an olive, or a few almonds, whatever appeals to you), rather than reach for the carbs which are doing you no favours.
I know u mean well but I am well aware of what I should be doing and the results of what I am eating .

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you’re on antibiotics @Ryhia I had an insect bit when we were in Fuerti, which developed into celluliti, very painful!

FBG 6.5 at 7:40
Do you post your typical day of eating @LivingLightly? I want to get into the 4s or low 5s at least.

Group hug x
I've got half a day of anti biotics to go The wound area is still discoloured but is much fainter than it was so looks a lot better. So hopefully all good.