What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 at 7:40! In the 6s all week.

off to the hospital for eyes check. I was diagnosed with macular degeneration a year ago. If I had a choice I’d rather go deaf. I don’t want to go blind, the thought is making me very tearful :(

Have a fab Friday everyone and hugs for those that would like one x

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At 7.30 wake up, FBG was 4.7 on Libre. Never seen that low on a finger prick test, ever. Twenty minutes and a fed feline later, it’s ramped up to 6.7. Didn’t bother doing a finger prick.

I am beginning to question how useful these morning FBG tests really are. From what I can see happening on Libre, I could take a FBG reading at any time on that time band from the moment my eyes opened to breakfast, and it would read anywhere between those numbers. So it really isn’t worth getting hung up on being below a particular number, or stuck in the sixes or sevens, if all that’s really happening is testing a bit later than normal. And it’s definitely foot on floor rather than dawn phenomenon, I’m merrily bouncing along at well below 6 all night, with the rise coming only when I wake up.

@MissMuffett hugs - eyes are so precious, that would worry me too. Hope it goes ok today.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
My first post, first morning prick. I was feeling good about my reading until I saw the numbers above : 13.9 was my reading this morning.
I am hoping my lifestyle changes and meds will result in a positive downward trajectory for my bsl.
Happy Friday
Evening @EmmaWithTheD.

Welcome to the forum and this FBG thread for diabetes of all types. We're pleased you could join usl

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
23.1 for me….seems like the norm for me lately, I’ll take it it after going to bed on 28.0. Might sit in the garden and enjoy this beautiful weather we have today.
Evening @Charlotte73 and welcome back to this FBG thread for diabetes of all types. It's good to see you here again.

Today's FBG reading isn't great. May I suggest you telephone your GP's reception desk on Monday morning and ask for the earliest available appointment with your doctor. Don't wait for them to contact you. S/he may want to adjust your medication.

Meanwhile, are you doing everything possible to keep your carbohydrate intake lowish?

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening @Charlotte73 and welcome back to this FBG thread for diabetes of all types. It's good to see you here again.

Today's FBG reading isn't great. May I suggest you telephone your GP's reception desk on Monday morning and ask for the earliest available appointment with your doctor. Don't wait for them to contact you. S/he may want to adjust your medication.

Meanwhile, are you doing everything possible to keep your carbohydrate intake lowish?

Good suggestion!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.8 at 6.00am…. Gotta be thankful for that, having spent much time post hospital in the 7s?

Now need to design my campaign to take on the DVLA to my driving allowed.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

off to the hospital for eyes check. I was diagnosed with macular degeneration a year ago. If I had a choice I’d rather go deaf. I don’t want to go blind, the thought is making me very tearful :(

hope you got on ok at the hospital yesterday, take care x

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 6.5 this morning which is acceptable for me. @MissMuffett hope your eye appointment went well yesterday. If its any comfort I have been having eye injections for 5 years, probably 30 in number, to prevent my retinal vein occlusion (micro bleeds at the back of the eye) getting worse and can’t see (!) a time when they will stop but they are not as frequent as in the beginning. Control of Diabetes and BP key. The treatment and knowledge of eyes is improving all the time.
@Mojo you’re fighting back! Happy Saturday everyone. Hugs to all who need them.