Whats left to eat?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
So, us diabetics can all be on alcohol diets now!!!!! Adequate carbs, and nutrients from grapes, malt etc....and feeling fine!!!! We have trouble keeping our driving licences, so this could make the acceptance of losing them easier.....and as alcoholics we would be able to claim for benefits, council houses etc.......WIN, WIN, WIN!!!!! :p :lol: :p BRIL!!!! Starting Friday.......forget all this low carb, high carb **** and debates.....this diet could be the one for me....!!!!!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
the east man said:
Chill Nigel, more or less a bit of tounge in cheek :wink: But if you look through the "Latest News" on the home page, you tell me whats good for you and not good for you. It's just a mess. N0t knocking the forum or any forum members.

I'm perfectly chilled thanks just wasn't sure where you were reading it! :D

Nigel

the east man

Dislikes
having to think about everything I eat
donnellysdogs said:
So, us diabetics can all be on alcohol diets now!!!!! Adequate carbs, and nutrients from grapes, malt etc....and feeling fine!!!! We have trouble keeping our driving licences, so this could make the acceptance of losing them easier.....and as alcoholics we would be able to claim for benefits, council houses etc.......WIN, WIN, WIN!!!!! :p :lol: :p BRIL!!!! Starting Friday.......forget all this low carb, high carb **** and debates.....this diet could be the one for me....!!!!!
sounds good to me :D

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
the east man said:
Sanober said:
It's a shame you feel that way.

The forum's for sharing personal experience and opinion rather than a guide to what you can/cannot eat.

It's always going to be trial and error. Certainly feels like a trial at times I can tell you!
Chill Nigel, more or less a bit of tounge in cheek :wink: But if you look through the "Latest News" on the home page, you tell me whats good for you and not good for you. It's just a mess. N0t knocking the forum or any forum members.

You've quoted me but referred to Nigel, we are two very distinct and separate beings :wink:

However, if you did mean me, I too am chilled like the lettuce and tomatoes in my fridge :lol:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think of all the benefits from this alcohol diet
No more comparing prices of cauli in Lidl and Aldi
No more reading labels in Tesco
No more shopping ,just e-mail your nearest booze shop and place a standing order
No need for a fridge or freezer(sell these on e-bay)
No more washing up
No more using gas or electric to cook
No need to use car or bus
No more blood tests(these would show as neat alcohol)

I put all these advantages to my better half but he said he couldnt manage without his steak :mrgreen: Ah well it seemed a good idea at the time :(
CAROL

pianoman

I seem to recall hearing about a period in history when the populace were encouraged to drink beer rather than water... especially in the big cities; it was cleaner, safer and more nutritious 8)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
pianoman said:
I seem to recall hearing about a period in history when the populace were encouraged to drink beer rather than water... especially in the big cities; it was cleaner, safer and more nutritious 8)

Yes. I think you'll find it was called the 1980s. Happy days. My liver hurts. :wink:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sanober said:
we are two very distinct and separate beings :wink:

Yeah I'll vouch for that Sanober! :lol:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
After the postings here......tea was a lovely BLT wholemeal sandwich with a glass of red wine...couldn't resist!!!!!

the east man

Dislikes
having to think about everything I eat
Sanober said:
the east man said:
Sanober said:
It's a shame you feel that way.

The forum's for sharing personal experience and opinion rather than a guide to what you can/cannot eat.

It's always going to be trial and error. Certainly feels like a trial at times I can tell you!

You've quoted me but referred to Nigel, we are two very distinct and separate beings :wink:

However, if you did mean me, I too am chilled like the lettuce and tomatoes in my fridge :lol:
Hi sanober I was refereing to both posts, but I'm not very good with this "quote" malarky. :oops: As I said no offence to anyone intended, just a bit of fun to lighten up the forum, with probably a bit of sarcasm and a bit of truth :wink:

Grazer

the east man said:
Asda are doing 18 tins of Bud for 11 quid, thats my diet sorted for tonight.
I'm getting a dozen coors light from Tesco (strong alc, but low carbs) which send my blood sugar so low I can have a fat chicken madras with Basmati rice after! :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Living the dream, malc. Living the dream.

(I bloody love Coors Light, too!)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
donnellysdogs said:
After the postings here......tea was a lovely BLT wholemeal sandwich with a glass of red wine...couldn't resist!!!!!

Mmmmm............a BLT! :mrgreen:

Grazer

I've got the coors light now, but I got a prawn Bhuna rather than a chicken madras. Gonna cook my own small portion of Basmati. Roll on this evening!! :D

sue32

Dislikes
false people
aye, but they reckon filtering your water takes some nutrients out of it and buying sparkling water can raise your potassium and sodium levels. So I guess it's not that healthy. That's why the vet is coming to me tomorrow.........