What's your weight loss today/this week?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
iankaye01 said:
i am trying to lose weight and have been put on the drug victoza but not working have 3 meals a day but still snack at night HELP :clap:

Try limiting your snacks to cold meat, cheese, or a small quantity of nuts, and vegetables (raw, cut into strips, dipped into good quality full-fat mayonnaise). Cold sausage is fine, but make sure they are the lowest-carb you can find - eg 1 or 2 grams carb per sausage. Make up a mixed bowl and just dip into it.

You could even have a small meal - an omelette, or a steak, if you are genuinely hungry rather than satisfying a habit. It's quite okay to have 5 small meals a day, instead of 3 big ones. It just makes timing your BG tests more difficult.

The main thing is to keep your carb intake down. If your carb intake is moderate - say, 100g to 150g daily - limit the fat in your snacks a bit. Lean meat, chicken and vegetables are then your choice for snacks - go easy on the cheese, and not too much mayo :D .

If you must have a 'crunch', get some oatcakes or ryvita (checking carefully to find the lowest-carb variety) and limit yourself to TWO BISCUITS ONLY (sorry - that was a shout! :D ), with butter, per evening.

Viv 8)

susanmanley

Snacks are the hardest aren't they but some good advise there. I do better on days when I can face breakfast but hope that my little slip will end now. Because of this plus being on the steroids have put on 3 lb this week so that has made me realise how important it is to stay on track. As I feel a bit better in myself re wheezy chest hope I will be better at the food next week

I am now back to 11st 9 lb

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Weight loss is now very slow but 3lbs in the last month so now 13st 6lbs and a BMI of 24.1. However the redistribution of bits of me continues a pace. Now in 32" jeans so a 10" drop in 6 months :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
xyzzy said:
Weight loss is now very slow but 3lbs in the last month so now 13st 6lbs and a BMI of 24.1. However the redistribution of bits of me continues a pace. Now in 32" jeans so a 10" drop in 6 months :D

Don't go too low - you soon won't be heavy enough to hold those dogs :shock: :D

That was always my excuse . . . :wink:

I daredn't go near the scales at the moment - I should be losing, having gone alcohol-free, but I don't think I am :(

Viv 8)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
viviennem said:
xyzzy said:

Don't go too low - you soon won't be heavy enough to hold those dogs :shock: :D

That was always my excuse . . . :wink:

I daredn't go near the scales at the moment - I should be losing, having gone alcohol-free, but I don't think I am :(

Viv 8)

Well my next target is sub 13st 4lbs. I can remember weighing myself around 15 years ago at that weight and thinking I'd put some weight on! The onwards to 12st 11lbs which would be a 4 stone weight loss since diagnosis but I suspect that is going to take quite a while.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
no loss at all and i was good compared to previous weeks....even got back on the wii fit...not pleased

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Lost 1lb this week without trying too hard (life still hard, problems causing comfort eating and drink to forget) I'm 13 and half stone but want to lose a stone by 12th September for personal reasons-13th is anniversary of an accident that could of killed me so I have a week long celebration of living then & need to start that from a low weight!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
At last! - another 2lbs off! I am now under 17 stone for the first time since about 2006, though it is becoming a painfully slow process. That's the first new loss since Christmas.

At least it's a little encouragement to keep me motivated.

Viv 8)

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Well done Viv! :thumbup:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Down from 12st 10lbs to 12st 8lbs over the last week, with a brief unexpected foray to 12st 7lbs one morning.

I'm feeling my waistline and wondering if I'm a little plump.
So my target is 12 st 2lbs in the next 6 months.

If I still feel a little plump then I'll have to give myself a stern talking to.
That way lies anorexia.

As a skinny(ish) teenager I consistently weighed 11 st 7lbs so that tells me I sould be above that now I am of a more mature build.

Cheers

LGC

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
tree-peony said:
well done everyone :clap:

like my glucose, mine's just not shifting at the moment for some reason :( :***:

exactly like me tree.... :(

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
It's been a full 6 month's plateau (with a few waves!) before my recent new loss, so keep at it, guys & gals!

Viv 8)

bretty

No matter how little or how much I eat or how much I excersise or how little I excersise my weight does not budge I'm 11 stone on the dot every morning and every night everyday of every week of every month !

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
bretty said:
No matter how little or how much I eat or how much I excersise or how little I excersise my weight does not budge I'm 11 stone on the dot every morning and every night everyday of every week of every month !

What are you trying to do? Depress us all? (I'm joking!).

I haven't been 11 stone since I was about 16 - 11st 7lbs is about right for me, but I doubt I'll get there, at my age.

Viv 8)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
In this past week (02nd to 9th July) I have lost 9.5lbs.

I am extremely happy about that. :thumbup:

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Patch said:
In this past week (02nd to 9th July) I have lost 9.5lbs.

I am extremely happy about that. :thumbup:
Sounds like the commando diet is hitting the spot! :D