What's your weight loss today/this week?

Ashleigh

Think my scales are off, get a different reading in different places in the room lol, so my last reading of 12st 6lb was wrong.

Was 13st 3lb this morning (in several locations so going with that).

Am starting the commando diet today to kick start my weight loss again and then will low carb and fast 2 days a week after that.

Current BMI is 35.1 (i'm 5'1").

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
i put on 3 lbs this week but i confess yesterday i had a bit of a binge...was strange after having been so good for 3 weeks. i am trying to just put it behind me.....

Mushroom

Hi all.
I am a newbie to the 'weight loss' thread here but not to dieting. Lost 5 stone over about 9 month period over 20 yrs ago (put it all back on since, and then some).
Now, since dx in May, have made a total 2 stone loss so far - been averaging about 2lb a week. (Hit 16 stone 13lb mark on scales this morning - yippee).
Really didn't realise I weighed so much. Being off the scale on BMI and weight measurement chart on diagnosis was a bit of an indication. Lost mainly from tummy, but also ankles!
Low-ish carbing. Not hungry most of time, so have to think about eating. Doctor tried to coax me to take Metformin for weight loss, but told her I was doing very well without it, 'thank you very much'.
Mary x

Mileana

Ashleigh, sweetie, are you weighing yourself every day?

That is likely to make you a bit confused and downhearted when the body adjusts water levels and everything and normal fluctuations make you lose or gain a pound over night.

If you do do it, keep the information in a spreadsheet with a exponential trendline to it - it's more of less the only way of telling what is what - or just do it once a week. That's what most dieticians recommend for above reasons.

:D

Ashleigh

i normally stick to only weighing once a week, on a monday morning, but i started the commando diet the other day and couldn't resist. i'll try not to from now on as they say the loss plateaus until nearer the end now.

susanmanley

Down to 11.2 now so hopefully will reach the 1stone loss marker this week.........any suggestions what to have for a treat!!!!

TUI

Morning everyone, like this thread need all the encouragement I can get. I have to admit I was 15 stone 11 weeks ago same weight as my husband. Went on low GL diet and this morning I was 12st 8lbs, 2 lb loss this week. Friday is my weigh day. Feeling pretty good but need to start exercising as I sit at computer all day though I'm on the go all weekends. I try to walk up and down stairs 3 times an hour but keep forgetting. Thinking of joining our leisure center so I can swim or use the walking machine. Going away for the weekend so this will be interesting. Got my snacks and water packed. Keep up the good work folks.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Down 3 pounds over the last month so now 13st 2lbs. Getting close to the 12's ! BMI now 23.6

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
You're doing well, Xyzzy :D . I've put 4 lbs back on over the last couple of "treat" weeks :( - I suppose it could have been worse! Still, I enjoyed it, and my BGs have been okay right through, so minimal harm done.

Back to routine now :D

Viv 8)

TUI

This is a brilliant thread, well done everyone. 12 weeks ago I hit 15 stone. Today 12.7 2llbs weight loss this week even after a weekend away so a happy bunny. Been following Patrick Holfords diet of 3 meals and two snacks a day. Loving it but repeat blood tests tomorrow so that will tell whether its really working and I can stay off drugs. :D

Mileana

My weight is coming to a bit of a plateau. Have had a lot on my plate (no pun intended) with life demands and a couple big birthdays. Need to tamper slightly with my calorie intake level, I suspect. Been on same level since I was 3 stone heavier.

Lost 1lb this past week.

-M

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
viviennem said:
You're doing well, Xyzzy :D . I've put 4 lbs back on over the last couple of "treat" weeks :( - I suppose it could have been worse! Still, I enjoyed it, and my BGs have been okay right through, so minimal harm done.

Viv 8)

Good for you Viv. Mine has slowed down but is still slowly dropping. I do tend to only post on the thread when I hit a new low nowadays. :wink: Despite the slow down the bod is still getting smaller and I'm now seriously contemplating having to buy 30" jeans this weekend. If I can hit 30" it will be a 12" waist size drop since last December and I will be in my late 20's again :lol:

susanmanley

Well done everyone!
Unfortunately got a niece with me who needs feeding and so I have put on 2lb so got to loose 3lb now to hit the stone!!

Never mind, it has been fun

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A totally unexpected 1lb. A new world record of 13st 1lb BMI 23.5

TUI

xyzzy said:
viviennem said:

Viv 8)

Good for you Viv. Mine has slowed down but is still slowly dropping. I do tend to only post on the thread when I hit a new low nowadays. :wink: Despite the slow down the bod is still getting smaller and I'm now seriously contemplating having to buy 30" jeans this weekend. If I can hit 30" it will be a 12" waist size drop since last December and I will be in my late 20's again :lol:

That's amazing 12" off your waist - Well done