What's your weight loss today/this week?

Pneu

Well this week was my first week on my new plan... more additional exercise than diet but I am sticking to a max of 1800 Cal per day. Exercise is around 8 to 10km walking and then 10km on the bike in the evening. Have to say am feeling great. Total lost this week is just under 3kg.. And I am finally into the over weight bmi rather than being obese.. Just 15kg to go!

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well off to WW I went expecting the worst but the good news was that for some reason on their scales I had lost 3 lbs. Yippee- just one more and I'll be back where I was just before Christmas.
I'm ok losing the weight (sort of ) but lowering the test numbers is a must. I think carbs and I just don't co-exist at the moment.
Going to try reversing some meals; cooked breakfast for breakfast, granola + fruit for lunch and then protein + vg for dinner.
I am trying to fit fruit in without raising numbers too high. Is this just a pie in the sky idea.....??
I think I know exactly how other long term 'dieters' feel which is why I try not to think of anything I do now as a diet but rather a plan for life.
I refuse to submit.......I will not be beaten.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Since monday I've lost 5.5 lbs, I know i'll gain some of it over the weekend and that I can't maintain that level for long but what a result-considering I've already lost 2.5 stone

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
That's very good, Gappy - well done!

I've had 3 days on the shakes now and am finding it okay. I'm going to start my new thread about it tomorrow, when I'm weighing-in - not Monday, as I said somewhere else.

Viv 8)

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I'm not using shakes. I've changed my lifestyle totally and have lost 4 stone since last July with exercise and a change in my diet avoiding high carb and high fat foods.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's brilliant Gappy.

I've lost the 2lb that I put on last week.

I am not on shakes either-thought about it, weighed it up and was going to but changed my mind. I think I'd rather eat normal food and lose weight slowly. My Bg levels are under control if I watch what I eat. I was only contemplating the shakes to lose weight quickly. (2hrs after dinner tonight 4.9)

Angela(NZ)

Dislikes
liars
Hi All

I have lost a total of 8 stone!! am so happy with myself right now.....diabetes has been a good thing for me.

lost 300 grammes this week - not bad considering i went away for a week and ate Macca's....

6 kilos to go!

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
That's a fantastic weight loss Angela :D

Well done for getting rid of those 2 lbs Choc!

captainlynne

I'm not on the shakes either, but low-carbing. This week I lost all of 3/4 pound - that makes it 7 pounds since 1st January. Slow, but steady - and I can live with the changes I'm making. Basically following Metabolism Miracle, combined with Dr Bernstein and Atkins - and fitting it in to my life-style because my work pattern makes it difficult to keep to a routine. But I do try to plan ahead and to have food in my bag in case I'm not home when I expected.

Since 1st Jan fasting bg from 7.3 to (usually) in 5s. Today was 5.4 and levels during the day tend to be in the 4s and 5s. :D

Wish the weight would come off more quickly, but must remember that 'slow and steady wins the race'. Guess it's better to keep the bg under control and lose weight slowly, being comfortable with what I'm doing, and keep the weight off rather than cut back too far, lose it quickly and then put it back on again as has always happened in the past (before db). And to remember all that when I get uptight about not losing weight quickly!

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Thanks all for the praise, I set a target for valentines day but the girl I hoped to impress just wants to be friends, i'm visiting her tuesday-weight loss goes on, others say i'm looking good she may change her mind! I'm around 14 1/2 done at moment so under 14 stone by valentines is the target

didie

Dislikes
You're doing incredibly well Gappy :)

I agree with you Lynne - slow and steady works for me. For me diabetes is about a total lifestyle change rather than a 'diet'. The changes I've made in my life are sustainable long-term changes which include watching what I eat and taking more exercise which have resulted in my weight loss.

I've lost another pound this week, despite going out for a very nice lunch with the lovely Choc yesterday. We were very good :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
3lb last week, having started a Slimfast diet last Wednesday. I'm trying it for a month to give me a kick-start. It's on a separate thread.

Viv 8)

didie

Dislikes

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
didie said:
I've lost another pound this week, despite going out for a very nice lunch with the lovely Choc yesterday. We were very good

Well done Didie. :clap: And I'll back you up-we were very, very good. NO DESSERTS. :(

viviennem said:
3lb last week, having started a Slimfast diet last Wednesday. I'm trying it for a month to give me a kick-start. It's on a separate thread.

That's great Viv. I'd say that's a pretty good kick start already. :clap:

Think positive Gappy-I hope it works out for you on Valentine's day.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
My scales are jiggered so I have no idea what my weight is doing..not good I suspect.

Glad you two have met up Marina and Didie..combined willpower to see off those desserts! :D

Congrats to all who have managed to keep the weight heading downwards.

captainlynne

Thanks, Didie. Trying to stay in different mind-set to the one I had when going to slimming clubs. Put so much pressure on myself to lose as much as possible, as quickly as possible. Can be hard to accept that health has to come first, then the weight loss. I'm usually more of a Tigger than tortoise, so it's hard for me to slow down LOL.

alliebee

Im thrilled, been following Vivs diet since going onto insulin and in the past three weeks have lost 11lbs. and not hungry on this brilliant diet. Went clinic yesterday and the DN was well chuffed with me

On a split dose of levemir now, but she said this diet is really helping my bg readings and will probably mean that i dont have to after all, go onto the basal bolus regime. :D

She says the loss will slow down a bit now but to keep on doing what im doing... Didnt get a row about the lowish carbing at all, as ive not gone too low. :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done, Alliebee :clap:

Once you start getting a good weight loss and good BGs, you feel so energised and positive and in control on this diet - at least that's what it does for me :D . I'm having a little bit of a change now, but I shall be very pleased to get back on it.

Viv 8)

Gappy

Dislikes
My gym scales weigh in kilos, but I broke a barrier, i'm under 90 kg (14 stone 1) when I started I was 17 1/2 stone (111 kg) so i'm chuffed. I was round my friends house yesterday afternoon so just friends is working and I keep my fingers crossed, she's been hurt in the past so maybe time will help me.

Attachments

• 2012-01-25_14-35-18_507.jpg
    2012-01-25_14-35-18_507.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 876