What's your weight loss today/this week?

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lost 3lbs at WW last week. I was amazed. Must be the swimming and dog walking because I hadn't exactly been good.

Not so good weightwise since because my niece had her first baby. He arrived on Thursday weighing in at a whopping 10lbs 9ozs- poor Bex. Family meals a bit all over the place for a few days. Oliver 'Ollie' went home last night at 10.30 pm. much to everyone's relief. (jaundice etc) He's goooorgeous!!!!

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As expected I had put 2lbs on at at the last WW before Xmas.........

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
You're braver than me, Sparkjack. I'm not getting weighed until 9th January :lol:

Viv 8)

captainlynne

In the summer I lost 1 stone on low carb diet, but then went on holiday (staying with friends in USA where they only eat carbs) :( That started the slippery slope, and I've been ill for the last three weeks - for two of those I couldn't get to the supermarket and was just eating what I could. Anyway, back to nearly where I started in June weight-wise last Friday.

But that was the point where I got back on track (fortunately), limiting carbs. Lost 4.5 pounds when I checked this morning (only checked because travelling tonight to stay with family for a few days).

Feel much better, limiting carbs, but T2 son eats lost more carbs than I can tolerate, so could be in for interesting few days.
Lynne

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Well, according to the scales at the gym I put on half a stone over Xmas week, and in the last 4 days according to the same scales have lost it again. According to 1 member of staff this is possible, as a lot is fluid. All I know is that after todays workout I'm 2lb away from my previous best weight and my resolution is to be lower than todays weight this time next year.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I weighed myself this morning and have put on 3lbs. :(

It's my own fault. I was on slippery slope but have pulled myself together and back on track from today. Hope to lose it again by next week. :wink:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I'm too scared to get on the scales. :(

Although we had a wonderful Christmas, my 90 year old mum has been in hospital since Christmas Day and my food intake has been all over the place.

For example yesterday, I didn't bother with brekkie and then had a call asking me to go to the hospital quite urgently. The hospital is on the other side of London and I have no car..tube lines were down..so bus, nearly 2 hours each way.

Got home at 7pm and suddenly realised that I hadn't eaten at all. I then proceeded to polish off a plate of mac and cheese with a slice of bread and butter. I have done similar three times this week.

I know. :( :oops: Just seems that other things take priority at the moment. Will weigh myself on Jan 1st.

Marina..a very happy Hogmany x

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Angie.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope she is OK and gets better soon.

Wishing you all the best for 2012.

Marina
x

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Ladybird, I hope your mum makes a good recovery.

Somehow I managed to lose 2 lbs over Christmas which was a nice surprise because I didn't really stay on the straight and narrow.

captainlynne

Can I join in, please :) I'm T2, diagnosed a couple of years and couldn't move the weight (need to lose about 5 stone). Had lost well with both WeightWatchers and Slimming World in the past, but now neither of them worked (yes - I did stick to them!). Then I read about low-carbing and was losing weight nicely last year. But then I went on holiday to US, staying with friends who live on carbs and it all went downhill from there :( Got back on track just before Christmas, and lost a few pounds in time to visit family (son is also T2 but can tolerate carbs, so guess what - the pounds piled on again :( ).

New year is new beginning and I've had a good day foodwise so far. I've got a few weeks before next trip away, so should be well on the way to forming good habits. It's not too bad to stick to low-carbing when I'm in hotels, but any ideas for when I'm staying with someone in their home, and they live on carbs? Just don't want to upset anyone.

deexbee

T2 diabetes. Started the Dukan diet on 1st September at 16st 3lbs. Had a target of 13st10lbs by 24 December which was achieved 3weeks early. Followed the guidelines over the holidays and kept the weight off even with plenty to eat and drink! Feeling so much better than I used to although my golf is still rubbish.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I only lost 1lb of the 3lb that I put on at xmas.

Never mind. Intend to be serious from now on. Next target is to lose another stone by March.

Well done deexbee. That's a great weight loss in such a short time. How do you find the Dukan diet-is it easy or complicated?

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
That's an excellent weight loss deexbee.

You'll get there Choc :)

I've lost a pound this week.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Confession time! :shock:

I've put 8lbs on since December 14th. It's down to wine, mostly. I only had two alcohol-free days between 14th (2 days after having a tooth out) and last Wednesday (4th Jan). I'm back on the straight and narrow now, though - let's hope it comes off as quickly as it went on. It usually does!

Viv 8)

captainlynne

After drawing that proverbial line under the last few months, and getting back on track on 1st January - lost 5 pounds this week.

Lynne :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done, Lynne - we need to look forward, not back :p .

My goal is 2 stone off by mid-April - I'm going on a 3-day rail break to Inverness with my cousin after Easter, and I have a waterproof that I can't quite zip up yet. Incentive! :lol:

That's plus the Christmas 8lbs, of course :( :lol:

Viv 8)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I put on 7lbs over the Christmas fortnight - and I wasn't REALLY that naughty... :(

Good news is I lost 7lbs this week, though! :D

Back on the shakes. Been doing 2 shakes (Bfast and lunch) and some home made soup for dinner.

Another few pounds next week would be great - get down to my fighting weight for Kilimajaro!!! :thumbup:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Good to see you back, Patch - and well done!

I was considering trying the shakes for a few weeks, but I've no money and a freezer full of turkey legs, so it's still Atkins at the moment :D

Viv 8)

louiseb

Viv
The slimfast tins with 12 servings in them are on offer atm in tesco for £3 per tin and and the same at boots and £2.70 for the strawberry flavour at sainsbury.

I have been having 3 shakes per day since last tuesday and lost 10 pouns so far just 1 stone to go now :D

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's brilliant Patch and Louise.

louiseb said:
The slimfast tins with 12 servings in them are on offer atm in tesco for £3 per tin and and the same at boots and £2.70 for the strawberry flavour at sainsbury.

I have been having 3 shakes per day since last tuesday and lost 10 pouns so far just 1 stone to go now

Do you eat anything else Louise or just the 3 shakes per day? How long do you intend to stay on it for? Sounds very worthwhile and I'm thinking about it but don't know if I could do it.