Which online service to use

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So my docs were using PatientServices as their online system - and on it I could see appointments, see results, request prescription items, book some appointments and see a bunch of stuff, well they decided to change what online service they were using and eventually I've got an email so I can now register online to see all my stuff again (after a month and a half of there being nothing ....), however I've been told I need to register with one of the following service providers
Patient Access https://www.patientaccess.com
Evergreen Life https://e-life.co.uk/
Co-op Health https://www.coop.co.uk/myhealth
myGP https://www.ilovemygp.com/
digi.me https://digi.me/
Echo https://echo.co.uk/signup
AT Tech https://dr-iq.com/
Pharmacy2U Ltd https://im1.pharmacy2u.co.uk
Medloop https://medloop.co/uk-app/
Wiggly Amps https://boots.com
However I have no clue which service to choose, so was hoping for some opinions.
I know I've seen PatientAccess mentioned before, I didn't realise Pharamcy2u did anything apart from deliver prescriptions, and most of the rest I've never heard of.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Patient Access and can highly recommend it. All test results, consultation notes, some going back to the 1950's!!! All vaccinations, allergies, medications, repeat prescriptions, appointments on-line, and a load of other stuff. The test results are shown in text and graphs so you can watch out for trends. It is simple to navigate, and easy.

Reactions: Rokaab

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Evergreen, I don't have any problems with it but there are no graphical displays as far as I know.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I’ve used patient access and it is good for when I needed to order my prescription online and booking appointments.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another vote for Patient Access here, although I can’t compare it to any other system as it’s the only one I’ve ever used!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks all, sounds like Patient Access should be a good choice :)

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Patient access is good for me. But I set up a friend on it (different surgery) and they didn’t have access to half the stuff I do. So it is dependent on what your doctors surgery put on there. I find it easy to book appointments, check test results and order medication. They have recently included booking appointments at pharmacies for certain things.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Patient Access is what I (my surgery) use.

RichardHawkings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for a very useful post - I used to use PA but my new practice only supports Systmonline, so I've re-registered and hope they upgrade soon.

Note you should check with your GP to see which one(s) they use to avoid registering uneccessarily

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with checking first which one your GPs will use. They only normally use one as far as I know.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of the two surgeries I have been with over the last 10 years, both have used Patient Access.
I wasn't given a choice.
To be honest, I am not particularly impressed. The date search function is absurdly basic.
Part of my issue may be the way each surgery has utilised the software, rather than the software itself.
But we get what we get.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree with checking first which one your GPs will use. They only normally use one as far as I know.
I did ring them to ask, they recommend Patient Access but say you can use any of them as the email I got has a link code so you can use any of the listed sites (apparently)

To be honest, I am not particularly impressed. The date search function is absurdly basic.
Part of my issue may be the way each surgery has utilised the software, rather than the software itself.
But we get what we get.
Well if it helps the previous system my surgery was using did not have 'search' functionality as far as I could see, and all my various blood test results (a lot) were all in one big monster list (which wasn't even ordered by date when for the first year or so of using it!) - it was easier to use the browsers search or just copy and paste the whole list into Excel.

I've signed up to Patient Access, the info it shows is basically all the info the old system had on it, so everything from when I joined my current surgery, all my HbA1Cs since 1991 (my DN did that for me about a year ago - they were not previously on there before she added them) and a few other things like when I was diagnosed as Diabetic, when I had measles (as a child), when I was diagnosed with Coeliac, a few broken fingers along the way as well, but not really much before I joined my current doc's.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On my Patient Access all the test results and everything else are in date order - the newest first. Various diagnoseses going back many years are also in date order, as are the vaccinations and consultation notes. I don't have a problem finding anything. I can also see my baby vaccinations in 1948, details of my broken leg in 1950 and so on. I can also see when a third party accessed it - in my case the hospital when I was admitted a couple of years ago. I love it. I should add that each individual test result, in date order, also contains all previous results of that test when you click on it.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is possible to access the information by different software then there must be some central database. This would mean that any doctor or hospital could access your information, which I didn't think was possible. Maybe the data is restricted to a CCG. Anybody know?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If it is possible to access the information by different software then there must be some central database. This would mean that any doctor or hospital could access your information, which I didn't think was possible. Maybe the data is restricted to a CCG. Anybody know?
Well mine seems to only have the info that was available on my doctors previous system (and very little before I joined them in 2012), I think they must've just added the bigger things out of my big pile of paper records when they were setting it up :).
But yeah I was given a link id and an account id with which to register so the relevant site I was signing upto could get to my records wherever they are held in a digital format.
At some point it'd be nice if the online records would include all my data, but I suspect someone would have to manually go through my records for that (that what my DN did when I asked for all my HbA1Cs)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well mine seems to only have the info that was available on my doctors previous system (and very little before I joined them in 2012), I think they must've just added the bigger things out of my big pile of paper records when they were setting it up :).
But yeah I was given a link id and an account id with which to register so the relevant site I was signing upto could get to my records wherever they are held in a digital format.
At some point it'd be nice if the online records would include all my data, but I suspect someone would have to manually go through my records for that (that what my DN did when I asked for all my HbA1Cs)
I have an annual review tomorrow, I will ask my DN if she knows about a central database.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I have no idea about any central data base. All I know is when I signed up for Patient Access I agreed to allow the hospital to access my records, and this they did when I was an inpatient. Far easier than them having to contact the GP, but which gbits of it they can see I have no idea. There are some bits I'm not allowed to see - documents and letters in particular.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to use with my old surgery, Systmonline.

My surgery now? i'm having (or some one.) tech issues which has not been resolved. (to be honest i stopped bothering. reception never got their heads round it.) been "old school" since.. Paper in the box for repeats. I really should look further into this.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
There is not a central database. All GP run their own database. However nearly all GP outsource the running of their database to one of a few providers.

When you log into any of these "access platforms" they pass your request onto the GPs database, then display the results. There is nothing stopping someone using more then one of the "access providers".

So in time, your gym and the "lowcarb program" may both display some information from your GP records if you choose to give them your "access key".

Think of it like email, where to can choose one or more email readers to access the email from your Internet service provider's email server.

silentman

Our surgery uses Patient Access but we don’t have anywhere near the options other members have, no test results or history is available so obviously depends on the practice what information they decide to make available