Who are you voting for in the general election 2017?

richard666

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I live in Jeremy Hunts constituency. I don`t fox hunt, I need to use the NHS, despise the alleged self-interest thing and I`m not rich so I suspect you can guess who I`m not voting for.
Can`t see there being a change locally - I could paint my pet goldfish blue, call it a tory candidate and it would win but I have high hopes nationally

Reactions: Prem51

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Aren't we so lucky to live in a democracy - I have been following this thread with interest. Great to see so much passion and, in the end, people will vote with their heads and hearts tomorrow and, whatever the result, democracy will have won and we will all have to accept the decision and see what happens. We can always vote again next time round if things aren't working out. Personally, I will choose the best candidate for my area in North Devon, the one I feel would do most for us in parliament - we are facing A&E closure and Maternity Unit Closure meaning that there will be over an hours journey to the nearest in Exeter. Good luck everyone and don't let politics divide us.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well Corbyn sure will! But hey,ho-He's promising the land of milk and honey with a piggy bank full of cobwebs but that's all good with the snowflakes it would appear. :wacky:
Ah yes. There's no magical money tree. Except there is. We gave £435bn to the banks.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seriously, can anyone believe that an obstructive pacifist who will throw non existent money at wasteful institutions, should be PM. Get real.

All Diabetics need to look at the Labour plans to tax all the Pharmaceutical companies to an extent where even without Brexit they will move abroad and more frighteningly reduce the research budgets. We shouldn't just consider the fact that we are very lucky to have 100% free prescriptions when others with Heart Disease for example, have to pay for theirs - we should encourage the development through investment of private money to finding drugs and treatment that cures T1 and controls T2 without having to think about it- that cannot come from Public Money as the country would be bankrupt. The last Labour lot already bankrupted us and its taken ages to get the deficit down without serious Greek style deprivation, how can we go back to that.

With Brexit ahead, we must have a leader who will go for the best deal for the UK not someone who has already played their hand and said they will meet in the middle - that actually means we will then start in the middle for negotiations and the EU will get what it wants.

I am reminded of the headline which surely applies more now than ever " If Labour get in then would would the last one to leave the UK please turn out the lights"
Yes I remember the headline. It was stupid even then. There are not, and never were, any valid comparisons with Greece. The financial crisis was made on Wall Street, not in Downing Street. Labour did not cause the collapse of Bear Sterns and Lehman Bros; the sub prime market in American; the failure of AIG; the collapse of Spain and Portuguese banks. Nor were they resonsible for the South Sea Bubble - but George Osborne was responsible for the slowest recovery since then. In Most recoveries - even the depression in the 1930s - output recovered after four years. From 2010 it took six years for the economy to recover. In the meantime, the lost output is lost forever. What Labour were responsible for was doing nothing to curb inflated asset prices. They should have taken demand out of the economy by raising taxes and/or interest rates. But there was an election approaching...

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After Brexit pharmaceutical firms could well be off to Europe.
I believe it was AstraZenneca who recently opened a new research facility in the UK but stated, if the decision had not already have been made, it would have gone to Europe.

Patm026

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I will be voting for the party that doesn't support terrorism or terrorists. So that is Corbyn out. The SNP doesn't matter here in England, The Lib Dems are a complete waste of time. UKIP have done their bit and are no longer relevant, so I guess that leaves the Tories.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surviving the Election:

No matter who wins - a sugar tax should be introduced, just don't tax eggs!
The food industry successfully neutered John Major's proposals for restrictions on salt. They will try the same with sugar.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I live in Jeremy Hunts constituency. I don`t fox hunt, I need to use the NHS, despise the alleged self-interest thing and I`m not rich so I suspect you can guess who I`m not voting for.
Can`t see there being a change locally - I could paint my pet goldfish blue, call it a tory candidate and it would win but I have high hopes nationally
Opinion polls overstate Labour's vote share.
What would be absolutely hilarious is if the Government was returned with a similar sized majority. There was absolutely no need for this unnecessary election. I believe Mrs May wanted it to overcome opposition in her own party, not from a lacklustre Opposition. Any idea that victory will give a her a strong hand in negotiations is complete nonsense. Our position is more desperate than most people realise.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aren't we so lucky to live in a democracy - I have been following this thread with interest. Great to see so much passion and, in the end, people will vote with their heads and hearts tomorrow and, whatever the result, democracy will have won and we will all have to accept the decision and see what happens. We can always vote again next time round if things aren't working out. Personally, I will choose the best candidate for my area in North Devon, the one I feel would do most for us in parliament - we are facing A&E closure and Maternity Unit Closure meaning that there will be over an hours journey to the nearest in Exeter. Good luck everyone and don't let politics divide us.
Very well said. If only people didn't hold opinions based on no facts whatsoever. That is too much to hope for.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will be voting for the party that doesn't support terrorism or terrorists. So that is Corbyn out. The SNP doesn't matter here in England, The Lib Dems are a complete waste of time. UKIP have done their bit and are no longer relevant, so I guess that leaves the Tories.
Do you think May had the difficult embarrassing conversation with King Salman about Saudi Arabia funding Sunni Islamic terrorism? Hmm.

Reactions: Prem51

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its still unclear whether or not the Tories are prepared to take action against terrorism, whatever that may be....
We usually get the same response. It's all down to the Internet companies and the Muslim community. Knee jerk reactions and no real plans.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
What would be absolutely hilarious is if the Government was returned with a similar sized majority.

I doubt that will be the case, although I'm pretty sure the Tories will remain in power.

Will be pleased when it's all over.......................

Reactions: maglil55

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Under Brown and Darling I recall...
It was the right policy and has continued. Although some economists argue that all it did was help the rich by raising asset prices; and if we wanted to maintain demand in the economy, it would have been better to give everyone with a NI number some cash to spend. Just enough to keep the economy going. Not enough to spend on imports.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I doubt that will be the case, although I'm pretty sure the Tories will remain in power.

Will be pleased when it's all over.......................
Yes. A respite from the nonsense tomorrow at least.
Just heard on the news no deal means a 7.5% drop in GDP. It gets worse.