Type 2 Why oh why???

K

koukla

Hi @AndBreathe. I'll try to answer everything. Yes it was a long ramble but I'm grateful to you for it. Thank you.

I've shared absolutely everything with this forum because half truths or untruths would get me nowhere, as I wouldn't get the correct advice. I'm loving the figures you've given me there because it puts it into perspective for me.

I'm not, to be honest, feeling better apart from in myself because I hate it and want it to go away, which I realise is crackers!

I'd love to go as low as you and I'm going to strive for that. I'm not one to bury my head but yes, I do worry a lot. I do a spreadsheet each month. I don't know if it achieves much and frankly I'm fed up of doing it.

I've written some notes of things I want to ask him on Tuesday next and I know he will answer every single one. He's excellent. I consider myself lucky to have him.

I'm losing weight more slowly now and I suppose that's normal after such a long period of time. I'm happy with my weight now but I avoid carbs like they're a poison. I can't even touch sugar. All guests to my home have to sugar their own drinks. Hahaaa.... mad!

I must become calmer. I know that now but I was so frightened at that result after the muffin that I had to come for help. It doesn't help that my children don't want to know. They're burying their heads. I know them better than they know themselves. They don't not care, they're just scared so I really don't have anywhere to turn other than here. I'll do my best not to panic.

Thank you so much once again for your help and caring. I feel I'm taking a lot from this forum. I'd rather be more of a giver, as I am in 'real' life but I don't know enough yet.

Thank you again :)

Reactions: 2 people
K

koukla

In fact I'm going to change my photo (or whatever it's called on here) to one just taken by my daughter and shows just how healthy I look and what a misery guts I'm not!!! :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @AndBreathe. I'll try to answer everything. Yes it was a long ramble but I'm grateful to you for it. Thank you.

I've shared absolutely everything with this forum because half truths or untruths would get me nowhere, as I wouldn't get the correct advice. I'm loving the figures you've given me there because it puts it into perspective for me.

I'm not, to be honest, feeling better apart from in myself because I hate it and want it to go away, which I realise is crackers!

I'd love to go as low as you and I'm going to strive for that. I'm not one to bury my head but yes, I do worry a lot. I do a spreadsheet each month. I don't know if it achieves much and frankly I'm fed up of doing it.

I've written some notes of things I want to ask him on Tuesday next and I know he will answer every single one. He's excellent. I consider myself lucky to have him.

I'm losing weight more slowly now and I suppose that's normal after such a long period of time. I'm happy with my weight now but I avoid carbs like they're a poison. I can't even touch sugar. All guests to my home have to sugar their own drinks. Hahaaa.... mad!

I must become calmer. I know that now but I was so frightened at that result after the muffin that I had to come for help. It doesn't help that my children don't want to know. They're burying their heads. I know them better than they know themselves. They don't not care, they're just scared so I really don't have anywhere to turn other than here. I'll do my best not to panic.

Thank you so much once again for your help and caring. I feel I'm taking a lot from this forum. I'd rather be more of a giver, as I am in 'real' life but I don't know enough yet.

Thank you again :)

If I can just add one thing then, but it's quite important I think.

Often what people think, or how they view "things", depends on how we communicate the message to them. I'm not saying you have been a misery with your children, but if you are up-beat with them, they are much more likely to find a peaceful place and be up-beat back. Once that settles, you could find any conversations relating to your condition moderate a bit from fear, to concern, to a more positive interest. Really a bit like you are striving to achieve yourself. See what I'm saying?

So, I suggest when you tell your children (I know they're adult) your results, I suggest you tell the results you have are fantastic (because they are), and that you have maintained the excellent progress you had made last time (because you have). You might also want to consider for yourself, and for them, that you are now into the fine tuning phase of things, so that you can all settle down into getting on with your lives in the knowledge you have something, but you have a handle on it.

So, in summary; If you want them to be happier, you have to communicate with them in such a way that gives them the confidence to be happier.

Reactions: 5 people
K

koukla

Yes, absolutely. It's my son's birthday today and his 1st wedding anniversary and I sent him 2 messages this morning, the 2nd one being the 'good' news about my results. He's happy :)

K

koukla

OMG there's a lot there. Thanks. I'll have a good look. One word leapt off the screen at me..... muffin! Haha :)

K

koukla

Oh how lovely of you both. Fancy remembering that. I'm just off to bed early because it's tomorrow. I'll let you know. I need a new stair carpet :) Thank you so much for thinking of me. That's kind xx

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh how lovely of you both. Fancy remembering that. I'm just off to bed early because it's tomorrow. I'll let you know. I need a new stair carpet :) Thank you so much for thinking of me. That's kind xx

I hope it goes well for you.

Sleep well.

K

koukla

I think it will and thank you so much once again. The kindness of strangers is quite wonderful :)

K

koukla

I've been, not only that, I've come back too.

In short, he was very pleased with me. He must have said about 4 times how hard I must have worked to lose all that weight. I told him about the "muffin evening" and what I did to get it down and he laughed out loud. Anyway, he's given me Metformin, just one tablet per day with my biggest meal. If I find it gives me diarrhoea I have to stop it for 3 days and then restart it, carrying on like that until the diarrhoea stops. I asked him why I had to have medication and he explained that he's put me on the lowest dose because that will lower my blood sugar and also help me lose more weight (I'll be like a stick!!) and that his ultimate aim by doing all of this, remains the reversal of my diabetes. He's so clever, that I can only hope he's correct.

Thanks peeps for caring.

K

koukla

I forgot, he also said if he had as many patients who worked as hard as I have, he could almost close his diabetic clinic. "Blowing my own trumpet!!"..... because nobody else will :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is amazing news.

WELL DONE!!!

I hope you make sure you tell your children and family that. :D:D:D

Did he tell you what BMI he wanted you to aim for?
Only, there are some people who don't get their diabetes 'reversed' and I would hate for you to fade away completely! ;)

So, what are you doing to celebrate?
Low carb muffin?

did you try any of those low carb recipes? I made a mug cake one evening last week. it was DELICIOUS, but a wee bit rich for 9.30 at night. I had forgotten the joys of indigestion, since cracking down on the low carbing. :rolleyes:

K

koukla

@Brunneria....thank you. I haven't spoken to either of them yet. I've actually just read through the blood test for to see what tests he wants before I see him again on December 9th. He's saying suspected Thyrotoxicosis and that ties in with what someone said on here. Because of my huge weight loss, I might be having too much thyroid treatment now. It would tie in with my eyes looking weird and the alarm going off in the hospital this morning because my pulse was 126. We shall see.

No, I'm not celebrating.... I'm being a good girl :)

No mention of what weight he wants me to be but his face was a picture when he saw me.

I haven't tried anything yet from those recipes. I've just stuck to what I know works after the muffin fiasco. I will though at some point.

It would be a shame if I don't get it reversed but I can't ever beat myself up after all I've done can I?

All is not lost yet :) :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, he can't be too concerned if he's happy to have bloods done in December.

Doesn't it feel unhelpful that he hasn't given you a target weight or BMI? What are your views on a target weight for yourself?