Winter Keepy Uppies Type 2.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Going to try and get back to 6 hours gardening tomorrow
How did that go? I can manage a couple of hours and then I get careless. But it does bring my BS down at least one point.,
Today I started to uproot about 4 miles of wandering nastershalums.

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I removed nasturtiums from the garden yesterday. They had been completely stripped apart from stalks by a massive invasion of caterpillars!!! Yuk

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
7 hours gardening including wading in to a pond!! 4 hours given to a customer this week to tidy her garden pre her macmillan coffee morning tomorrow.she raises money each year and its my little contribution. I'll go back yo charging next week.
Tired out as a lot of work and driving today and can't really turn my neck fully yet for reversing!! Remaining on 2 diazepam just at night now but hopefully by Saturday I can reduce to 1 and be off them by Monday.
Am also in the process of moving so need to start a few more box packings for a but of exercise too.
Biopsy results Monday afternoon so taking Monday off and going to measure up new bungalow in the morning. Hopefully gym will restart tomorow afternoon too although will definitely nit be doing anything too hard for my neck!!

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One hour Circuit training at gym session for over 50s with health conditions. Many were over 80, so I was able to indulge my competetive nature and do a bit more than many. Impressed by the determination of them all to keep moving and never give up or give in. Something to aspire to.

Reactions: 6 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi Pipp , keepy uppies are the same everywhere lol.
Just keep up the activity over the cold nights and make it through to spring .
Hope you re feeling a bit better.
I know you ll do it when you can.

Never even thought about it bring type 2 , anyone can join , it just has always been on the type 2 forum .

I've been on numb bum most days and a couple of short walks

Take it easy donnellysdogs listen to your body , it will tell you what you can do x

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. Swimming today for 40 minutes. 60 lengths so equivalent of 30 in standard pool. :)

@Pipp . Wow! You did well in the circuit training! Brilliant :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. Swimming today for 40 minutes. 60 lengths so equivalent of 30 in standard pool. :)

@Pipp . Wow! You did well in the circuit training! Brilliant :)
Let us not get too excited here @mo53!
The gym is adapted for older and less abled people. So the resistance on the machines is so gentle a very light touch can make them move. I thought of @Jamrox as I had 2 minutes on a 'numb bum' machine. Wondered why it would afflict the buttocks as it was a seat like the comfy racing car seat you see premiership football managers sitting in. Mentioned to the health coach that I wouldn't mind one of these to use at home. Reply 'You got four grand to spare, then?' Errr, nope! So I guess it wasn't a numb bum cycling machine I used then. They have a bicycle type saddle, don't they?

Today I have aches everywhere, but am pottering round the garden, and dusting around the house. Keeping moving in case I seize up.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your doing well. Since swimming all I want to do is sleep but have loads of house work to do! Yuk

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your doing well. Since swimming all I want to do is sleep but have loads of house work to do! Yuk
Haha, I snoozed after gym. For hours! Swimming does not have that effect on me, it wakes me up.
I think you are doing well too, @mo53. It is great to have someone in here that shares my enthusiasm for water exercise. Although, using the gym exercise cycle made me nostalgic for the days I could get on a bike and disappear into the countryside, I have to accept that is not going to happen again, so just enjoy what I can do.

Reactions: 5 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems that water exercise is really good for you. I can hardly swim and chlorinated water hurts my eyes and throat. All praise to those who persevere with it.

Reactions: 8 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
2hrs just cutting down perennials... Also had photos taken at lunch time for winning a Patient Group Award. (Took more exercise to get Practice Manager to smile than gardening for 2 hours!)
Going to try and get back to 6 hours gardening tomorrow..and just the 2 diazepam... Oh and then a long soak!!!

Well done

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Let us not get too excited here @mo53!
The gym is adapted for older and less abled people. So the resistance on the machines is so gentle a very light touch can make them move. I thought of @Jamrox as I had 2 minutes on a 'numb bum' machine. Wondered why it would afflict the buttocks as it was a seat like the comfy racing car seat you see premiership football managers sitting in. Mentioned to the health coach that I wouldn't mind one of these to use at home. Reply 'You got four grand to spare, then?' Errr, nope! So I guess it wasn't a numb bum cycling machine I used then. They have a bicycle type saddle, don't they?

Today I have aches everywhere, but am pottering round the garden, and dusting around the house. Keeping moving in case I seize up.

4 grand !!! Mine was £80 second hand but works a treat

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
My activity today was mainly scraping wall paper off in my kitchen . Forgot how it works the arms.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Lovely here in Scotland.
2.5 mile walk in the sunshine then 30minutes on numb bum exercise bike.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Plenty of exercise in the gorgeous weather we've been having on the south coast. A 7 km walk on Sunday with a break for coffee and cake :nailbiting: halfway but plenty of steps and steep paths to work it off. Strimming and clearing on the allotment yesterday and cleaning out the cabbage patch today. Found 2 edible cabbages the caterpillars missed!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If physiotherapy counts, I have banked quite a bit this last week or so. Not been up to much, but find that even sitting still I am now inclined to be foot tapping, ankle rotating, arm swinging. If standing I am rolling heel to toe, or padding my feet.
Still making sure I stand and move at least a minute or two every hour. Thanks to @Jamrox's advice.

Reactions: 6 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a day off yesterday apart from usual shopping walk. Apparently even top athletes rest between intensive training sessions so I'll do the same hahaha.
I've bought a little camcorder to bolt on my bike so I can go for a half-hour ride in the sunshine and then exercise in the winter by watching the video. Brilliant idea.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Had a day off yesterday apart from usual shopping walk. Apparently even top athletes rest between intensive training sessions so I'll do the same hahaha.
I've bought a little camcorder to bolt on my bike so I can go for a half-hour ride in the sunshine and then exercise in the winter by watching the video. Brilliant idea.

You should post the video on here and I'll watch it while I'm freezing in my garage sitting on numb bum haha .

Had a lovely walk along Irvine beach and the harbour side .
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1443817727.986896.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1443817742.930405.jpg

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Walked around Glasgow City Centre

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cycled up to the allotment and back (20 min round trip) yesterday pathetically puffing and wondering if my knees were going to disintegrate. No real exertion on the veg plot. And nothing again today since tied up with admin & visiting (by car) :sorry: