Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker

unfortunately my Awful Soup recipe was on the goodfooduktv website, which seems to have disappeared. I did save it to CopyMeThat, but only have the list of ingredients:

Ingredients
  • 500 g pig's liver
  • 300 g pigs lung
  • 300 g pigs heart
  • 2 pigs kidneys
  • 1/2 pig's spleen
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 large glasses red wine
  • 6 tbsp tomato purée
  • 4 red chillies, finely chopped
  • 5 bay leaves
  • 1 sprigs rosemary
  • 1 small bunches sage
  • 1 litre vegetable stock
As you can see, its a basic soup.
Simmer everything til cooked, then blend, or leave ‘lumpy’. Adjust liquid to your preferences.
I prefer blended, which makes it smoothly creamy.

I am unable to source lights and spleen :( so make up for it with extra offal that I can find.

it is the specific herb combo that makes it taste like S&K pie, but of course purist carnivores may choose to do without any? all? of the seasonings.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly, the roasted goat spleen curry & spleen crostini recipes are deader than 'awful' soup. :(

D

Deleted member 308541

We had steaks like these at a food outlet at Brisbane airport last night while waiting for our connecting flight to Bundy. Very nicely done medium rare.

QgEp1Fr.jpg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker

unfortunately my Awful Soup recipe was on the goodfooduktv website, which seems to have disappeared. I did save it to CopyMeThat, but only have the list of ingredients:

Ingredients
  • 500 g pig's liver
  • 300 g pigs lung
  • 300 g pigs heart
  • 2 pigs kidneys
  • 1/2 pig's spleen
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 large glasses red wine
  • 6 tbsp tomato purée
  • 4 red chillies, finely chopped
  • 5 bay leaves
  • 1 sprigs rosemary
  • 1 small bunches sage
  • 1 litre vegetable stock
As you can see, its a basic soup.
Simmer everything til cooked, then blend, or leave ‘lumpy’. Adjust liquid to your preferences.
I prefer blended, which makes it smoothly creamy.

I am unable to source lights and spleen :( so make up for it with extra offal that I can find.

it is the specific herb combo that makes it taste like S&K pie, but of course purist carnivores may choose to do without any? all? of the seasonings.

Thanks for that..I guess it would work with beefy bits too.. might give it a try for Organuary not sure I'll be able to persuade hubby though...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that..I guess it would work with beefy bits too.. might give it a try for Organuary not sure I'll be able to persuade hubby though...

i have used lamb heart, kidney and liver too - but lamb has always been one of my favourite meats.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i have used lamb heart, kidney and liver too - but lamb has always been one of my favourite meats.
I was thinking a beef shin base with the added organs to add depth of flavour for a steak and kidney vibe without the pie or pud topping..meaty soup.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking a beef shin base with the added organs to add depth of flavour for a steak and kidney vibe without the pie or pud topping..meaty soup.

Shin would be fab. But then i also think an oxtail base (all those lovely bones) would just about kick it into the stratosphere :D:D:D

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fast over but didn't get to the real butchers today so nothing in other than frozen chicken livers and brie.
Bacon & steak it'll have to be tomorrow. :D

Reactions: Goonergal

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You're such a tease lol.. this looks gorgeous! (recipe please)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're such a tease lol.. this looks gorgeous! (recipe please)

It was roughly 250g minced beef (didn’t weigh, but remains of a 500g pack I started yesterday), mixed with 1 - 40g bag of Awfully Posh pork crackling (blitzed in the mini chopper), 30g grated mozzarella, seasoned with onion granules, herbes de Provence and salt/pepper. Lined a 1lb loaf tin with streaky bacon (an entire pack!), and then filled with the mince mix and baked for about 45 minutes gas 6, before topping off in the air fryer to crisp up the bacon.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Disastrous shopping trip...
Suffice to say, I forgot the eggs and bacon and my cash card and badly kerbed my near frontside wheel.

But now tucking in to 1/2lb of rump steak, rare in butter with 2 lambs kidneys.
Brie for breakfast.
Prawns (US shrimp) for dessert with creamy coffee.
Don't shop when you're peckish - EVERYTHING on the shelves looked yummy!
I trust everyonę else is doing well.

Last edited:

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What's everyone else eating?
Steak & horseradish butter for breakfast.
A lot of cream as it was turning into cheese. Butchers was closed so I had Coop roast beef & corned beef for lunch. A bit of brie this evening. Now I fancy liver & kidney. Making up for fasting!!!

Probably a little too much meat :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What's everyone else eating?
Steak & horseradish butter for breakfast.

haha!
I’ve had bone broth for breakfast (with extra collagen powder, cos of arthritis), forgot lunch, then this evening we have had a stupendous blowout of turkey breast steaks sauteed in butter, with pork sausagemeat, mini GF pigs in blankets, and a dab of cranberry. Mr B added new pots and peas, bless him. I’m more hardcore than that. Lol.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a fridge clearout pre visit to butcher tomorrow so hubs had remainder of keto chilli from dietdoctor with cabbage.
I had bacon, some fried pork belly , fried pork chop and 2 fried eggs.

Reactions: MillieT

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a fridge clearout pre visit to butcher tomorrow so hubs had remainder of keto chilli from dietdoctor with cabbage.
I had bacon, some fried pork belly , fried pork chop and 2 fried eggs.
Gah! Still 'hungry' after reading those posts :D.
No more snacking. 250ml of cream this afternoon was a snack. Butchers for neck of mutton tomorrow. Fasting on Wednesday through Friday in the plan.