World Carnivore Month 2020

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Butchers was empty of people and full of oh so tempting stuff. I stuck to my guns and only got 2kg of scrag end of neck of mutton and some freshly cut pigskin from a loin for crackling ~0.5m2. Oh and a pigs kidney in suet. Oh and some streaky bacon. Should keep me going for 4 days!
Organary-
Not had pigs kidney ever as far as I know. It's big. Easing in to asking about spleen. They slaugher on Mondays so perhaps I pop in on Saturday and enquire what the rules are.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Easing in to asking about spleen.
A calf's spleen roll (pani con muesa) is a popular street food in Palermo. Haven't tried it though, other things sounded more appetizing.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon eggs and cheese again for lunch and chicken wings for dinner - mix of garlic Parmesan and lemon pepper flavours. All the better for being on the house - have befriended the manager of wingstop!

Week 1 of WCM has seen me lose 2.1kg, reverse the knee pain that recurred over the festive period while eating so much veg/nuts etc. and has reduced arthritic pain in hands, which had also flared up again.

Reactions: DJC3 and MillieT

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A calf's spleen roll (pani con muesa) is a popular street food in Palermo. Haven't tried it though, other things sounded more appetizing.
Mmm :)
Apparently, it's like liver which I love. I'll check out a recipe.
Luscious rare lamb leg steak for breakfast and tea with freshly fried pigskin and Jahrlsberg cheese. Skipped lunch except for creamy coffee. Piccie of the free pigskin too large :( :p

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Proper dinner tonight.. a nice t-bone only small! 1.5 kg we split it.

Sous vide then finished on the barbecue

IMG_3019.jpeg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheesy mince! :D:D:D
Why did I read that as cheesy mice...

Tried my variation on the organ soup but only with liver kidney and shin (all they had at the butcher).
Very tasty.. even hubs liked the shin and kidney but the ox liver was a bit strong for him..
Definitely the right kind of food for this time of year so will join the repertoire.. ta.

Reactions: Lotties

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rushed in and put the lamb scrag end on in the instant pot.
Then ate lambs liver, slices of pig's kidney, fried suet from the kidney and fried pigskin (overcooked it :( ) as a tide-over snack.
Liver was oh so sweet!
I thing I may pay for breaking my fast with so much fat :D
Cheesy coffee; the cream had turned -still nice.
Could do with one of them cheesy mice...

Reactions: Flora123

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Yeah! 4.7 3hrs after meal. Today for the first day since I got my meter in November have I seen anything below 5 . November around 6+. Eventual plan to repeat with After Eights... in a few months :p

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Oh Yeah! 4.7 3hrs after meal. Today for the first day since I got my meter in November have I seen anything below 5 . November around 6+. Eventual plan to repeat with After Eights... in a few months :p
Careful, didn't you get the memo, meat will give you diabetes, ignore you meter it's clearly being paid off by the meat industry, biased and lying to you.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rushed in and put the lamb scrag end on in the instant pot.
Then ate lambs liver, slices of pig's kidney, fried suet from the kidney and fried pigskin (overcooked it :( ) as a tide-over snack.
Liver was oh so sweet!
I thing I may pay for breaking my fast with so much fat :D
Cheesy coffee; the cream had turned -still nice.
Could do with one of them cheesy mice...

Another cauldron user. we're everywhere!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I hadn't had yoghurt for breakers yesterday, I'd have been carnivore yesterday.

Oh well,.... more days left in January

Ps. Autocorrect made carnivore into carnival.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another cauldron user. we're everywhere!
I was not even in the market but was reading a site that mentioned them. Still, to me, just another toy in the kitchen I wouldn't use, I put the idea in the back-burner. Mum used to use a pressure cooker when I was a kid. A great big lump of oh so healthy aluminium but the lamb stew was awesome. Black Friday got me idly perusing amazon and it was on a deal.
Fast forward -freaking Awesome. So much better than a slow cooker. Chuck meat and veg in, with 500ml water, press button, eat. So quick!
Gush over.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
False dawn. FBG this morning 6.4. Must be gluconeogenesis from the protein and hopefully only insulin resistance as a result of low-carb (not patholigical) muscles refusing glucose as they want fat and my liver still thinking 6.4 is appropriate.
Anyway, bacon calls.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
21/01/20
Bacon, v. small gammon steak, coffee & cream, lamb stew with a dash of vinegar.
Bored cat pushed off my 1 litre bottle of superior dark soy sauce, which leaked most of its contents, onto the kitchen floor, Gah! Luckily I have a vinyl floor but my hands have a Chinese takeaway aroma...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Duck legs slow cooked(about 5 hours) in a stock that has been going since before christmas with extra additions every time it is used.
Tender, moist and extra hot for the last 45 minutes to crisp the skins

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, eggs and cheese for lunch.

Feast for dinner, moo grob (air fried pork belly deliciousness), chicken wings, sausages and shoulder of lamb

Reactions: Jeena and Lotties