Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not wanting to speak for bulkbiker, but this is the link he shared elsewhere

https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/comments/aahea4/world_carnivore_month_is_january_2019_info_dump/

I managed to sign up on the Shawn Baker site a few days ago, but it’s not the most user friendly.

It’s general carnivore. I’m taking it to be any animal based product, not just meat.

If you manage to sign up and got in, then he must have upgraded significantly since last year! :hilarious: Well done!

And thanks for the links, both you and @bulkbiker :D

Reactions: Goonergal

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you manage to sign up and got in, then he must have upgraded significantly since last year! :hilarious: Well done!

And thanks for the links, both you and @bulkbiker :D
Signed up pretty easily but you just get a generic e-mail from Shawn Baker with promises of further info and US based offers nothing special wouldn't bother.. will unsubscribe if further e-mails are no good.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The email I got earlier this week was just US based discounts and links. Seems their definition of world is akin to baseball’s ‘world’ series.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update

Just figured out a snapshot from my spreadsheet is so much easier than typing it all out Duh!

Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 08.58.01.png

Almost as good as fasting and far tastier!
Mainly steaks once a day but one day of mince too

Ponchu

My start figures were
Weight 209.8 pounds
Body Fat % 26.9
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28.5

This morning 04 Jan after only beef one meal a day with coffee and cream and tea and lactofree milk they are
Weight 206.6 pounds
Body Fat 27.3% Always a very variable figure on my scales!
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28

Edit to add just checked Ketones at 1.0

If not too late: tape measure around the belly button?

For us men, it’s a great measure of progress.

I began 40” June 29, 2018

32” by November 29, 2018

I’ve got 10lbs to go, methinks, and carnivore may be the answer.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Muneeb and @bulkbiker ahhh got it, thanks! I’m kind of in @Ponchu ‘s camp - grab the flab, and however grossed out I am is my fat percentage
Sadly, much of my flab is permanent, as my skin is too old to be elastic any more. My belly and butt, never having been exposed to the elements, are the exceptions.
Sorry for this derailment! I promise to shut up on this thread. Learning tons, though, and find it fascinating. Thanks for all your back-and-forth, everybody

Reactions: Ponchu

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If not too late: tape measure around the belly button?

For us men, it’s a great measure of progress.

I began 40” June 29, 2018

32” by November 29, 2018

I’ve got 10lbs to go, methinks, and carnivore may be the answer.

I'm already down from 46 inches actual measurement when diagnosed to 36 inches these days.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update

Just figured out a snapshot from my spreadsheet is so much easier than typing it all out Duh!

View attachment 30446

Great stuff. Am only checking weekly - apart from a cheeky weigh-in this morning which revealed a further 0.8kg loss so 2.4 down so far.

Reactions: zauberflote

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Quick update

View attachment 30446

Interesting that your percentage body fat seems to be increasing.
Logically that would imply that you were losing muscle to get the weight loss.

I am doubtful about sending a current up one leg and down the other to measure body fat, because I would expect a current to take the shortest route and thus flow across between legs in the groin area.
So if the assumption is that the body fat in leg/groin/leg will accurately reflect the body fat between your ears :woot: then this might work, However I have my doubts.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting that your percentage body fat seems to be increasing.
Logically that would imply that you were losing muscle to get the weight loss.

I am doubtful about sending a current up one leg and down the other to measure body fat, because I would expect a current to take the shortest route and thus flow across between legs in the groin area.
So if the assumption is that the body fat in leg/groin/leg will accurately reflect the body fat between your ears :woot: then this might work, However I have my doubts.
Me too.. I'm pretty sure it depends on a whole load of variables like hydration as just one example so I simply record it.. It's always very variable with my scales..

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I know you're having double cream but what about cheese? A couple of carni vids I've seen are made by people who reckon that cheese is a processed food (not my opinion) that it is addictive for some or that they limit it purely to avoid nasopharyngeal effects.

Reactions: Freema

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker , does your scale not have hand grasps, for the additional "connections"? I must admit, when I bought by BF511s, the hand grasps were a must-have.

Reactions: Freema

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker , does your scale not have hand grasps, for the additional "connections"? I must admit, when I bought by BF511s, the hand grasps were a must-have.
Yes it does have the hand grasps.. no idea why it gives such oddball readings for me..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know you're having double cream but what about cheese? A couple of carni vids I've seen are made by people who reckon that cheese is a processed food (not my opinion) that it is addictive for some or that they limit it purely to avoid nasopharyngeal effects.
I usually have some cheese but am avoiding it for January.. (shame as we have loads left over from Christmas but that's in the freezer). I'm wondering if it has been delaying some weight loss as the pounds are disappearing with just beef.. time will tell..

Reactions: Guzzler

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are all animal products, such as dairy, allowed on a carnivore diet? What about eggs?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I usually have some cheese but am avoiding it for January.. (shame as we have loads left over from Christmas but that's in the freezer). I'm wondering if it has been delaying some weight loss as the pounds are disappearing with just beef.. time will tell..

Sounds like a plan, in view of the fact that I have no limits on cheese in order to keep from losing weight. My higher fats and slightly higher protein is working so far, fingers crossed.

Reactions: Ponchu