World Carnivore Month Results

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know you're having double cream but what about cheese? A couple of carni vids I've seen are made by people who reckon that cheese is a processed food (not my opinion) that it is addictive for some or that they limit it purely to avoid nasopharyngeal effects.

@Guzzler I’m counting anything that’s an animal product - meat, fish, eggs, butter, cream, cheese. Apart from anything else the dairy (especially the cream) help me to get the macros where I want them by adding fat without too much protein.

I’m finding that my appetite is resetting. Weight had started creeping back on and was over eating too often. For the first time in ages I’ve been able to do OMAD several days in a row and I’m not getting overly hungry. Like @bulkbiker the effects I’m getting are similar to,full on fasting and BGs have been brilliant.

Reactions: Ponchu

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@Guzzler I’m counting anything that’s an animal product - meat, fish, eggs, butter, cream, cheese. Apart from anything else the dairy (especially the cream) help me to get the macros where I want them by adding fat without too much protein.

That was a thought I had, having seen some of the pictures of Dave Feldman's meals my reaction was 'Where's your fat, man?' Double cream and cheese are no hardship :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All.
Had a few days of teensy veg portions, but I’m kind of resenting it. Guts whinging, and my goodness the phaff.
Had some chopped courgette on meal (About 2 mouthfuls), and similar for suede mash.
But they were the least enjoyable part of the meal. Haha!
I honestly don’t know why I’m reintroducing veg, when I don’t actually want to eat it any more... :D
My appetite has changed so completely.

Ponchu

I tried Sunday Irish Soda bread (I grew up on it) w very low sugar & Einkorn flour.

I have been craving it since splurging over holidays.

Although it spiked me, by 2 hours I came down.

My stomach has been a mess since.

Even body pain returned.

Morning BG levels higher Monday, Tuesday & today in spite of no carbs Monday & only broccoli last night.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. Checking in a day early as going away for the weekend. Baseline measurements on 28th Dec. Last week and today. Weight down 2.8kg overall and BG daily averages dropping. Back to my self imposed upper weight limit, which I’d crept above. Mixture of OMAD and 2 meals in a 5 hour window.

Editing as I put the wrong date on my spreadsheet! Measurements today not Tuesday!

CBD78EC1-A366-4877-A5E7-8ACB62C71167.jpeg

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I'd better do an update.
So 11 days of eating only beef (along with drinking coffee and double cream and tea with lactofree milk)

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 12.10.28.png

Eating roughly 500g of beef once per day. Meals have been sirloin steaks, rib eye steaks and mince with some ox liver and a veal chop. About 20g of butter daily also to help brown the steaks which have mostly been cooked sous vide then seared (also cooked the mince sous vide as an experiment).
Feeling fine, blood sugars pretty regular and ketones between 1.0 and 3.0.
Missing bacon and eggs mainly....

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on my own for a couple of weeks at the moment and a bit bored of food. I'd have a go at a few carni days, but I think I'd need to think really hard about getting the calories up to ensure I didn't drop any weight.

Erm,.............. What was the sous vide mince like? I imagine it to have been bland, bland, bland.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on my own for a couple of weeks at the moment and a bit bored of food. I'd have a go at a few carni days, but I think I'd need to think really hard about getting the calories up to ensure I didn't drop any weight.

Erm,.............. What was the sous vide mince like? I imagine it to have been bland, bland, bland.
Smothered in salt and pepper and browned in butter it was actually quite nice and not so dry as usual .. trying it again tonight but just tipped the pack into a bag so will prob cut into wedges to brown off.. mince cubes..

Edit to add the steaks are far nicer! as if I needed to tell you that..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What was the sous vide mince like
Much nicer just left in a block cooked for 6 hours at 52C then just browned the outside... sliced it on the plate to eat very moist inside but cooked through. Ox liver pan fried in butter was extra yummy too.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Much nicer just left in a block cooked for 6 hours at 52C then just browned the outside... sliced it on the plate to eat very moist inside but cooked through. Ox liver pan fried in butter was extra yummy too.

Like a ginagerous burger?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like a ginagerous burger?
Yep a large rectangular burger composed of 500g of minced beef 20% fat content.. pan fried to brown with some butter and the remnants of the liver juice... mmmm I should have taken a pic but I was a bit peckish..

I mean raw it looked like this.
IDShot_540x540.jpg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update..and some interesting results..
Weight surprisingly stable even though I have been eating a lot less than ususal.. so much for calorie reduction leading to weight loss.. I seem to have plateaued at 204 pounds with small swings up and down..so only 6 pounds off since the start of the year.
Bloods averaging 4.6 mmol/l on the Tee2 and 5.5 mmol/l on the codefree using the dodgy strips batch.
Really missing crispy bacon...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
.so only 6 pounds off since the start of the year.

That is more or less the recommended weight loss per week. ie 2lbs a week, and is a good loss. After all, we are only in the middle of January. Be patient. ;) Your average glucose levels are excellent.

Remind me .... why are you not eating bacon?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is more or less the recommended weight loss per week. ie 2lbs a week, and is a good loss. After all, we are only in the middle of January. Be patient. ;) Your average glucose levels are excellent.

Remind me .... why are you not eating bacon?
Beef only one meal a day for January.. just for fun!
Trying to get below 200 pounds for the first time since I was a teenager..

Hotpepper20000

I'm finding it hard but rib-eye steaks are a fairly good alternative.... almost...only 14 more days to go.. 01 Feb its bacon and eggs all day!
There is a good fat meat ratio on ribeye. I can see how that would be a good substitute.
However, we have fantastic local thick cut pepper bacon here. It is a staple for us.