World Carnivore Month Results

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. Checking in with my final results (bar body fat percentage which will need to be checked at the gym in the morning).

Starting figures (taken at my weekly weigh in on 28th December)
Weight - 62.3kg
BMI - 23.7 (creeping up)
Body fat - my home scales are hopeless for that. Last reading at gym end November was 21%, so will run with that. Will measure again at gym at end of Jan.
Ketones - 0.8

Today
Weight - 59.3kg, exactly 3kg loss
BMI - 22.6
Body fat - to follow
Ketones - 4.6 (for the first time they are higher than my FBG of 3.8)

Summary graph attached. The week 1 figures include 4 days in December from 28th as baseline measurements taken that day).

440FEFE8-1508-4742-84A8-C39D459CABC3.jpeg E2EDDF23-2B84-4340-A589-8CB305B71DA6.jpeg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guess I'd better do a final update too.

Start weight 209.8 pounds 95.16kg BMI 28.5 Body Fat 26.9
Finish weight 201.2 pounds 91.26 kg BMI 27.3 Body Fat 26.1

The elusive sub 200 pounds continues to elude.. lowest weight over the month was 200.8 pounds
Blood glucose average on the Tee2 was 4.5 mmol/l on the Codefree 5.4 mmol/l

I have also taken sporadic ketone readings which have been between 0.9 and 3.3 over the month.

Overall apart from missing bacon! the beef only was ok.. fair few steaks demolished but also burgers, meat loaf, liver and some veal chops meant there was some variety as well.

Looking forward to some fish tonight to celebrate..and bacon and eggs for lunch.

Then back on the carnivore wagon.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woop woop.. nice GKI !

Thanks. I knew you'd posted something about this a while back and couldn't remember the term - was chatting about it to @Debandez and said I'd ask you, so tagging her here. Hats off to you for sticking to meat, not sure I could have done that. Feel in need of some nuts! More later - supposed to be working!

Reactions: jpscloud

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I knew you'd posted something about this a while back and couldn't remember the term - was chatting about it to @Debandez and said I'd ask you, so tagging her here. Hats off to you for sticking to meat, not sure I could have done that. Feel in need of some nuts! More later - supposed to be working!
That was my birthday treat a whole 100g bag of roasted salted macadamias.. you've just reminded me I've got another 3 or 4 bags in the goodie cupboard... ta

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That was my birthday treat a whole 100g bag of roasted salted macadamias.. you've just reminded me I've got another 3 or 4 bags in the goodie cupboard... ta

Ah. My birthday treat was 2 small pieces of 90% chocolate. Found my nut fix in Sainsbury’s on way to a meeting.

Reactions: jpscloud