World Carnivore Month Results

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. Weekly weigh in today so posting an update. Very interesting @bulkbiker my weight has slightly gone up this week 0.3kg, ketones dropped to 1.4 (from 2) with very little change in macros/food intake. However, I have been feeling quite hungry the past few days so wonder if it’s just readjustment. See attached.

NB week 1 includes 4 non carnivore days as I stuck to my weekly weigh in day rather than taking new measurements at the start of full carnivore (those days were probably 95% carnivore anyway).

5C1B6045-EC1E-4C5D-BC8B-EC661083B8FC.jpeg

Reactions: Chook and Brunneria

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. Weekly weigh in today so posting an update. Very interesting @bulkbiker my weight has slightly gone up this week 0.3kg, ketones dropped to 1.4 (from 2) with very little change in macros/food intake. However, I have been feeling quite hungry the past few days so wonder if it’s just readjustment. See attached.

NB week 1 includes 4 non carnivore days as I stuck to my weekly weigh in day rather than taking new measurements at the start of full carnivore (those days were probably 95% carnivore anyway).

View attachment 30722
Now thats an idea.. I hadn't thought of weekly figures for the food intake... lucky its raining here... I sense a weekend of data manipulation..!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, my 'veg introduction' is really not going well.

I am up to about a tablespoon of veg per meal (one or two meals a day), and my guts are clearly asking me to return to carnivory ASAP.

Have only been doing this for 2 weeks or so, in a rather random and half hearted way. Yesterday it was a v small jacket potato (and I do mean VERY SMALL) with cheese as lunch, then about a tablespoon of red pepper with my supper. This morning was a couple of tablespoons of butter fried mushroom on my scrambled egg.

But I am having at least 24 hrs off veg and back on carni now. Plant Stuff is BRUTAL! lol.
Of course, it may just be a matter of repopulating my guts with veg-friendly bacteria, but the process isn't much fun.

Reactions: Ponchu

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.

I am up to about a tablespoon of veg per meal (one or two meals a day), and my guts are clearly asking me to return to carnivory ASAP.

Have only been doing this for 2 weeks or so, in a rather random and half hearted way. Yesterday it was a v small jacket potato (and I do mean VERY SMALL) with cheese as lunch, then about a tablespoon of red pepper with my supper. This morning was a couple of tablespoons of butter fried mushroom on my scrambled egg.

But I am having at least 24 hrs off veg and back on carni now. Plant Stuff is BRUTAL! lol.
Of course, it may just be a matter of repopulating my guts with veg-friendly bacteria, but the process isn't much fun.

Brunneria I find this truly fascinating, worthy of at least a doctoral dissertation!! I think my gut would rebel in exactly the same way if I ate red meat or bacon etc! Our gut being our other brain, it stands to reason for me anyway. I remember having some veal after no meat for a year, age 22, and being sick as a dog the next morning And I have this thing about big agri and stuff. Back in the early 70’s it was a big thing- no “Bambi vegetarian” I!
Trying to remember what baby’s first veg are, and why. I think sweet potato, squash, green beans, but no idea why. You could put a spoonful of green bean purée in yogurt?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

How do you get on with nuts? Might they be a gentler re-introduction? Doesn’t sound like a whole lot of fun at all.

Ponchu

Is it that our guts must adjust w varying levels (or type?) of enzymes for digestion?

At this point, a slice of Einkorn flour made bread will hit me hard in the stomach and it takes days to rebound.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you get on with nuts? Might they be a gentler re-introduction? Doesn’t sound like a whole lot of fun at all.

Nuts have (bizarrely) been fine all the time (since my big Gut Explosion Tummy Bug last year).
I could eat an entire bag of cashews or a 1/4 jar of peanut butter, and no whinging guts.

Unfortunately, I have no known way of testing whether my current veg ‘rejection’ is due to one or more of the following, unless I go on an exclusion diet.
And gosh, I’ve just been ON a strict exclusiion diet for the last year - and I’m trying to come OFF it

Salycilates
https://naturalallergytreatment.com.au/what-causes-salicylate-intolerance/
FODMAPs (Ive been eating garlic a fair bit...)
https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/
Fibre
https://www.drselhub.com/4-signs-youre-eating-much-fiber-yes-possible/

Should I be incredibly systematic about this? Test mushrooms for a week? Then courgette?
That just ain’t gonna happen.

I think I am nearing my limit for this kind of phaff.
Returning to lovely carnivore is by far the most comfortable and bearable option.
:D

Reactions: Chook

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I could do carnivore eating easily and very happily, apart from my precious mushrooms and tomatoes. If only they were animal products and not plants. :arghh:

Reactions: Ponchu

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could do carnivore eating easily and very happily, apart from my precious mushrooms and tomatoes. If only they were animal products and not plants. :arghh:
Mushrooms are kind of on the edge... they're not plants and not animals but I sometimes have them..

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weekly progress check-in. Seems last week’s slight gain was just re-adjustment. Nothing changed food wise this week and ketones back up to 2, weight down 0.6kg. Summary below.

AE60225B-C01C-4644-A6C2-B52100B401B6.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've not been doing Carni January, but I am seriously considering a couple of days, to deal with some tricky logistics. I don't want to drop any weight, so it may mean a couple of days of carnivory followed by a few days of gluttony.

It'll be interesting.