Yet Another Newbie

jonnyll44

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone..... my name is John and I am type 2, diagnosed 2011, was borderline, just over and take 2 x Metformin a day... at all my reviews at the doctors I am told I am controlling my condition well but have noticed more and more the dry mouth, especially at night, particularly if I have had a drink or two!
Luckily I do not have a sweet tooth.... the odd biscuit.... one pack of crisps a month... no ice cream since well... 2011. Tendency to 'night snack', mainly cheese, which is main food weakness. Have not put any more weight on ... I am in fact 10 pounds lighter than same time last year but need to lose at least 3 stone this year. Use to do sports before achilles injury/ lack of exercise/ a rubbish job followed by unemployment and a like for the beer ... I put on 5 stone! Reasonably fit before, just the hereditary HBP and asthmatic since birth (no attack for years and years). Promise I won't say this much again !!

Reactions: 2 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi John..welcome to the site. It's a good place to as questions..so don't hesitate. you don't mention your test results or BS levels...
I get this dry mouth thing too..comes and goes...I'm not sure we can do much other than drink plenty of the right kind of fluids. If it's really bad could be time for considering meds again. I don't take any, having come off it by choice and focused on diet, and I'm not gonna go back on them just to stop my mouth being dry..but it is a pain in the backside.
hey - the hammers are really flying atm, yeah? Payet' s something special. Paul

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi jonnyII44 and welcome to the Forum.:joyful: