Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Bisto gravy!
Bread of any sort except Lidl rolls
Batter

Therefore, I can say flour is my nemesis.

New and roast potatoes are Ok in small portions, chips are quite good if double or triple fried.

I agree with you about spuds.
Have you tried sweet potatoes they are not as bad.
Also Almond or Coconut flour to make small rolls or loaf bread.
There are recipes on here somewhere x

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi, I have a query about this whole thread - please note, I am NOT diabetic, just pre-d, so may have got the whole thing wrong - but I thought the height of a BG spike was reasonably irrelevant, it is how quickly it goes down again? When you all talk about potatoes or whatever giving you a "spike" do you mean not just a single high reading but one that stays up more than a couple of hours after ingestion?

Yes mine stays up ages especially if it's cake with icing lol x

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, I have a query about this whole thread - please note, I am NOT diabetic, just pre-d, so may have got the whole thing wrong - but I thought the height of a BG spike was reasonably irrelevant, it is how quickly it goes down again? When you all talk about potatoes or whatever giving you a "spike" do you mean not just a single high reading but one that stays up more than a couple of hours after ingestion?

I'm not diabetic either and, as I understand it, non-diabetics always have a spike after eating carbs but it's smaller and comes down much more quickly because the insulin response isn't impaired. A carb-heavy diet can, in some cases, damage the metabolic and insulin response which may lead to T2.

This is very simplified and misses out some steps but, basically, we're all better off reducing carbs, particularly sugar, to keep our systems working optimally.

FuryG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Australian Rice , worse then Sugar itself
2nd- French Fries
3rd- Mango (idk what's wrong lol)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @Beagler

That is a question that needs a thread of its own as responses will vary. It is a hotly debated subject.