Type 2 Life

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.7 this morning. I've just about come out the other end of the chest cold, cough and mad crazy finishing up work and Xmas parties and am packing to go off to Ireland for 10 days. Hope everyone has a lovely break and see you in the new year. (I'm probably going to be off line until 1st January)

Reactions: 7 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
8.7 this morning. I've just about come out the other end of the chest cold, cough and mad crazy finishing up work and Xmas parties and am packing to go off to Ireland for 10 days. Hope everyone has a lovely break and see you in the new year. (I'm probably going to be off line until 1st January)
Glad your feeling better have fun in Ireland.

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Have a good time.

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 am,
Lovely haddock for dinner last night...
good walk last night, not as cold as I thought it was going to be... and the moon is coming along nicely.
Seems I have trashed my other shoulder heaving the Christmas tree in.... arrghhh....:(... it is pretty **** sore....
Learning myself ActivityBase at work and it's going okay.

Reactions: 2 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

I came home from work last night to find I had to rush off to a hastily arranged Trystees meeting. As a result, I was forced to rush my tea - an already slightly naughty Pork pie and Peas with Lemon Meringue to follow affair, without any wine or apperitifs, and then drive to a colleagues home to meet the others.

No stress, very pleasant evening actually, but I was also forced to accept a tiny piece of Christmas cake and a home made mince pie, after all, it would be rude not to, right?

Both of which were extremely pleasant.

Paid for it later though with a disturbed night, strange dreams and a 6.3 this morning, which, these days is unusually high for me.

I am still taking just half my prescribed Metformin dose, but with some added supplements, but am wondering if it might be smart to go back to the full dose over the festive period.

I think I'l just see what the next few results are for now though.

Reactions: 8 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 5.5

Oh the politics of having to be polite :)

Hope your shoulder isnt giving you too much trouble hj.

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I'm as prepared as i'll ever be!
Thanks to my 66yr old mum and partner.
Soooooo excited to see the 8yr old and 2 yr old terrorising our quiet close Christmas Day with Fr Christmas's presents. (Rain permitting.)
I must admit I had carbs today after fighting with a government body on the telephone. I can now see how alcoholics become addicted. Stress is a killer.
Anyway I refuse to let them spoil my kid's childhood.
IT'S CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!
Happy Christmas everyone. Xxx

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 am
suddenly all a bit lower... not too much to eat last night, long soak in bath and no walk...
early in Tesco and then work... last day for a while... Huzza
Take care chums
Hj

Reactions: 6 people

Nariman_

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My FBG was 77 mg/dl or 4.27 mmoles/l

Fasting Ketonix [ 2015 model ] reading 88% with 7 red blinks.

Pity we cant test insulin at home !!!
Hi Pasha,
May I ask how long are you prediabetic? And are you ifg or igt?

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
MERRY CHRISTMAS everybody. Didnt bother with FBG this morning, Im having a break from it over the next couple of days. It rained all night here but it is now a beautiful sunny day. Wishing you all a great xmas and I hope you all enjoy spending time with your families. :D

Reactions: 11 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 am,
going to be a busy day.
Merry Christmas to all abouts, have a good day with your chums

Reactions: 6 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 6.6 :) Very happy as I ate everything I shouldnt yesterday and BS was 6.2 after xmas dinner and lots of pudding

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 5.1 this morning after yesterday's being 9.2. Had alcohol and insulin yesterday but just small insulin on christmas eve treats whilst constructing a new bike and motorised car for the toddler. You carnt beat stress for higher bgs?!
Low carb breakfast so a good start.
Note to ones self: buy more alcohol as none in at mo. O:)

Reactions: 8 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
Surprising 4.9 this morning. I did split my usual M3 insulin into 3 doses taken just before eating Was 7.8 before tea, after the christmas pud and an afternoon nibbling Twiglets.
My sister bless her made a sugar free christmas cake, she used canderel powder instead of sugar and left a portion un-iced for me,
My first Christmas day as a diabetic went well and I didn't have to say no to anything. Boxing day lunch is going to be a bit of a problem as its going to be cold meat, real fried chips and baked beans.
Happy New Year everyone.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 6.6 :) Very happy as I ate everything I shouldnt yesterday and BS was 6.2 after xmas dinner and lots of pudding
Well done - mine was 6.7 which I was pleased about as I decided that I was going to have some Xmas pud as well! FBS 5.5 this morning after having a small piece of pavlova last night - something I used to love but now find way too sweet! Am out to lunch at my brothers today so another day of slight misbehaviour on the eating front!!!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 am
higher than expected as did not really stray from narrow path yesterday.... different routine though and up slightly later this morning....
lots of footie on the radio
reading http://www.cjsansom.com/Shardlake/Lamentation... like alot
off to make cauli soup for lunch as the DUFC game is off today.... waterlogged pitch.... bah!!

Reactions: 5 people