Regular moderate exercise log

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm back! I came back from Ireland to the floods and have been volunteering every day since - all coordination stuff so running around a relief hub, no exercise really. I have to get back to work Thursday so a new regime! The Fitbit gets a new battery and I'm putting my walking boots on again!

Reactions: 8 people

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I'm back! I came back from Ireland to the floods and have been volunteering every day since - all coordination stuff so running around a relief hub, no exercise really. I have to get back to work Thursday so a new regime! The Fitbit gets a new battery and I'm putting my walking boots on again!
Exercise reduced in a good cause. Sure you'll soon be back on track.

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know why I hadn't seen this thread before... but HOW useful...?

Generally I stand at work - I've opted for a Varidesk - which means I can stand or sit, as I'm office based all day. I also try and stretch during the day in an attempt to keep supple. I'll be out for a lunch time stroll before eating.

Also, I try and walk to speak to people rather than emailing or calling - again, just so I'm moving about.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's food for thought for me about my level of activity 'normally' and what it's been over the past few weeks as I've been packing up ready to move, and visiting the place I'm moving to, to sort out decorating and the suchlike. For example yesterday i went no further than the nearest pillarbox. The rest of the day was in my flat, sorting stuff and packing more boxes. At present I'm averaging 9,360 steps a day - so my fitness monitor's giving me daily targets somewhere above 9,000 (10,000 remains elusive!). Yesterday, despite going nowhere, I hit 75% of the target, almost 7,000 steps. Given the amount of box weight-lifting I also did, I didn't feel like going round the block at the end of the day just to hit the target. But it's made me realise how un-active my 'normal' life had become.

Reactions: 6 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know why I hadn't seen this thread before... but HOW useful...?

Generally I stand at work - I've opted for a Varidesk - ...

What's a Varidesk? I've wondered whether to try and set up some sort of standing desk (at home).

Reactions: 4 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got myself a sit/stand desk at home just before Christmas.
Haven't sat at it yet. Maybe this afternoon

S

Sean01

Retired body builder (old school) competed in a Highland games and finished the Loch Ness Marathon in just under 7 1/2 hours - now thatw as a walk! On the treadmill - every morning by around 5 a.m. assuming I don't trip over anything in the dark. Walking clears the head - watching Game of Thrones whilst on the treadmill fills it up again - admittedly, not in a good way. Gradually building up the weight training again - but slow processna dn walking the puppy for 20 mins in the evening.
Daignosed with Type 2 on 5th October - weight loss to date 70 lbs, waist loss - 6 inches so far. Still got a way to go

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's a Varidesk? I've wondered whether to try and set up some sort of standing desk (at home).

http://eu.varidesk.com/

These are the guys - you can also find them on Amazon.

It's desk that elevates so you can stand whilst you work, or fold it back down should you need to sit. Used to sit and stand (don't say that quickly :) ) but now stand all day - moving about helps enormously, and I take a few minutes to stretch several times a day, most days.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Work stairs again - 3 sets first thing and 2 sets at lunchtime. Still feeling positive!

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Back to my walking regime the last few days. No weights at the moment because when I do weights my cannula sites heal over and have to be changed more often, but I'm running out of them because I've overstayed my planned visit to the uk. Pump supplies are in Istanbul! As usual my T1 demanding lots of "extra thinking". Anyway, going back at the weekend so will get back into better routine.

Visited my mother for 5 days. Disastrous for my blood sugars. Nothing to eat in the house that wasn't covered in sugar/made of sugar. She acts surprised when I want to know what's in whatever I'm eating. I've only had this for 48 years. Sigh.

I just went out for walks locally without her. That helped.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
So much excitement, standing desks, new enthusiastic people and slightly nutty relatives (I have my share). Yesterday huge hypo derailed any exercise plans and am having to change basal. Feel tired, dizzy and generally ick today. Have managed the commute so will see about a stroll at lunchtime.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over 10000 steps yesterday with a day of meetings in London/Reading and walking around bits of the tube and rail network.

Got home in time for an hour on the turbo trainer as well.

Yoga this evening.

S

Sean01

Feeling great (all relative but still very good.) Missed my 40 min treadmill session yesterday, but back at this morning. Blood pressure 100 over 72 - RESULT - this is my new normal and blood sugar 7.2 - not bad - still working on it. Seeing lots of positives about walking. I know walking!!! Good for the head, works the largest muscles in the body, burns calories, gives you quality 'me time' and good for joints and bone density too.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow so much good stuff going on! My modest start is going well, I missed yesterday but did 4 sets of stairs first thing and 3 sets at lunchtime. I'm feeling hungry though and slipping a bit with eating.

Reactions: 5 people