Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I bought guanthan gum powder about 18 months ago, I can't remember what for!..... I really don't know what to use it on, so any info would be great.....do you think it's still good? I seem to remember that it was expensive. I'd appreciate your comments.
Its used for thickening sauces and as a binding agent in cow carb flour recipes

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1453475648.924209.jpg
best flour to use as t2 top to bottom

Reactions: 4 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 17386best flour to use as t2 top to bottom
Very informative, but not easy to read as a forum based chart. One thing I noted is that in some instances in Sections 6 and 7, the Net Carb figure was less than the Carb value. I wonder how they did this?

Do you have a link for it? I would like to print it out for my own use, but the screen capture is even worse.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, Clive. I was able to read the website and bookmark the link.. It is in their 13 June archive. The webpage displays at higher resolution than the Forum so is more readable, but what you posted is probably good for most except for oldies like me with failing eyesight.

Reactions: 2 people

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought guanthan gum powder about 18 months ago, I can't remember what for!..... I really don't know what to use it on, so any info would be great.....do you think it's still good? I seem to remember that it was expensive. I'd appreciate your comments.

Lol .. I bought Psyllium Husk for some reason and I can't think what it was for. It says Colon Cleanse on the pack so I assume it's a sort of laxative but what was I going to use it in I wonder? It also says consult your doctor if you have allergies or are diabetic.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could not find Guanthan gum, but did find Xanthan gum which is used as a thickening agent/ binding agent in low carb sauces and vegan dishes. Also found Guar gum which does the same. Think this is what you may have?

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Could not find Guanthan gum, but did find Xanthan gum which is used as a thickening agent/ binding agent in low carb sauces and vegan dishes. Also found Guar gum which does the same. Think this is what you may have?
I've just checked it, & I have Xanthan Gum. Thanks for your trouble, it was much appreciated, especially because it made me go to the cupboard to check & have noted the Best before date is 30.12.15. - it's a 100 gr. pack, so when I buy it again, I'll know exactly what it's for, and use it. Thanks again.

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Lol .. I bought Psyllium Husk for some reason and I can't think what it was for. It says Colon Cleanse on the pack so I assume it's a sort of laxative but what was I going to use it in I wonder? It also says consult your doctor if you have allergies or are diabetic.
I tried my Xanthan mixed with about 1/2 cup broth, only a couple of fine shakes, but I didn't like the slimey consistency, so I binned it, it was just about out of date anyway. I think I'd bin your Psyllium husk too, if I were you, considering what it's meant for.......lol

A

Avocado Sevenfold

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I bbought a SWEDE. Is it low carb What can I make with that?

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Clive. What is the carb content in Swede?

Last edited by a moderator: