Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
People who are cruel to people or animals.
11.2 this morning, 5.8 yesterday & 17.3 the day before, am trying to eat similar foods to find a balance but not working. Have doc appt next week, hopefully will get to see diabetic nurse:(

Reactions: 21 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
24/2/16. Morning All.

Today at 8.45am it was: 7.7:banghead: (most odd - thinking my Liver has been busy?)

Reactions: 28 people

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969 - Welcome :). Everybody's fasting blood sugar varies on a morning. It can be high or it can be low, also it depends if your liver has released glucose into your blood - or not. :)

The reason I asked is I'm new to all this testing and have tried over the past couple of weeks to see what affects me (as advised). My bg levels dont seem to rise much above 10 no matter what I eat but my morning one is always between 8 and 9. I guess it's more testing on my poor bruised fingers hee hee

Reactions: 20 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@wolfie11969 - Hi, sometimes there is just no reason for it. Mine this morning was 7.7 but before bed it was 6.5 - there is what is called 'Dawn Phenomenon" or ' Liver Dump' which happens and I think? that is what has happened to me during the early hours.:)

Reactions: 17 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The reason I asked is I'm new to all this testing and have tried over the past couple of weeks to see what affects me (as advised). My bg levels dont seem to rise much above 10 no matter what I eat but my morning one is always between 8 and 9. I guess it's more testing on my poor bruised fingers hee hee
My morning levels are always high as well, even when I've gone to bed on a relatively "low" level. I'm new to all this and still trying to work out what's causing it. There are some good posts about the "dawn phenomenon" and lots of people took the time and trouble on here to reassure me that it takes a long while before the morning results come down, so I'm not too despondent (most of the time!).

Reactions: 25 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tested today for the first time in a few days.

5.2 and I would wager all the days I didn't bother to check would have been the same/similar as well.

Reactions: 27 people

andyolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doctors telling me to take tablets
Today 5.7 only tested after coming across this post. Should I checked more. I control my friend with diet and exercise.

Reactions: 32 people

JoeWalker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cumberland do you take all of these
for your GORD Ranitidine, Lansoprazole & Metoclopramide ? Ive GORD but just prescribed Lansoprazole which works now and again.

Reactions: 11 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
5.7 today...that's three mornings in a row under 6.0...progress for me. And, since cutting my steroid dose in half..no real evidence of my usual spike...fingers crossed... coz I having been brutally low carbing - really could use a wee ice lolly as a treat. Thanks for the support, people. x

Reactions: 24 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late posting today. 7.2 this morning but had some good news. Was exspecting the worst as I've hardly been out and not exercised past 3 months. My cholesterol and hbc1a results came back today. My cholesterol and hbc1a is exactly the same as last time !!!! Still 5.9%. Very happy, after having few treats Xmas and being inactive thought it would be sky high. Well I'll just keep going. Good health to you all

Reactions: 16 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello all.
6.2 this morning.
Its going up from low 5s and Im not doing anything different
Have a good evening everyone.