What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
B 2 slices of Burgen bread toasted with 3 slices of cheddar cheese
L 2 oatcakes with cottage cheese. A bowl of raw oats soaked in Alpro Almond yogurt with nuts and raspberries
D Could be anything going out to mothers for tea. Probably chicken salad or fish.;)

Reactions: 6 people

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Brekkie low carb pancakes and meat free bacon
Lunch: graze protein box and alpro yogurt
Din will be roast chicken dinner and will try a dumpling to see if i can get away with them
Miss them alot in cold weather

Reactions: 12 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Graze have started doing protein boxes?
Ooooohhhhh....

*scuttles off to investigate*

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@sugar-rush123

I blame you ENTIRELY.
I have ordered a Protein Graze box for myself, and one for Mr B as a pressie. That way I get to pick through and take out anything he won't like, so he gets 4 he will love, and I can eat the rest - cos I like EVERYTHING. lol.

I thought my Graze days were over.

Having looked at their wee boxes, it looks like the protein options have a 7-20g carb content, usually in nuts with small amounts of pretzel or lentil things. I reckon, that as a trial, I can spread the snack over several hours and hope it doesn't even blip the bg.

Yeah right.

Ah well, time will tell.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Ground flaxseeds, full fat yogurt, cinnamon
L: celery, cheese with nettles and herbs, few mixed nuts
D: courgette "noodles" with stir fry veggies, square of 85% dark chocolate

Reactions: 12 people
D

Deleted member 43917

B - whole milk yogurt & blueberries; scrambled eggs & fried mushrooms
L - cheese on one slice toast
D - roast chicken with rocket & tomato salad followed by whole milk yogurt & flaxseed & little cocoa powder
S - cheese

Reactions: 8 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: creamy broccoli, The Bomb burger, no bun, pepsi max

D: bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and cheese, courgette fried in butter, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream

Reactions: 10 people

Amandamc2711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: eggs fried in coconut oil & bacon

L: Cos lettuce leaves with tuna / mayo and some salad, rolled up
Slice of almond cheese bread

D: due to dental work had a home made chicken soup followed by low carb pancake ( I dream of food all day website)
Almond cheese bread sounds good do you have a receipt ☺

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Full English in local carvery pub. Unbelievably dire coffee. Potato hash stuff with onions and bacon was an interesting variation, delicious, and no bg reaction, with a small portion. I LOVE the Libre. Wouldn't have been able to identify that, without it.
L: not needed
S: 2 squares 70%
D: homemade chicken and red pepper curry with cauli rice in coconut cream.

Last day of hol tomorrow. :(

Reactions: 10 people

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Porridge with blueberries; small coffee
L: 3 (small) chicken drumsticks with hummus and salad; apple
D: 5 pcs lamb tikka with green salad and 4-bean salad. Poured some Greek yoghurt on the tikka, which was wonderful.
(no poppadums, rice or naan, though I nearly succumbed to the last of these. Stopped myself in time, so feel irritatingly virtuous)
Pear; small piece of 75% cocoa solid dark chocolate - Moser-Roth

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B: 4 tbsp. full fat Greek yoghurt and blueberries with some linseed and goji berries (no, I don't know what they are either, but it's in the mix and you can get it from Aldi), small coffee
L: Homemade chicken and veg broth; apple
D: Stir-fried vegetables (bean sprouts, mushrooms, celery, cabbage, etc) with ginger and soy sauce; pear

Is that in a cereal box/cereal section?

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that in a cereal box/cereal section?
It's in a beige re-sealable sachet about 7 ins high. It's their own 'Harvest Morn' brand, usually kept near the cereals, and has the words 'Milled linseed, goji berries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds' on front of pack.'

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
51CnFHe3cCL._SY300_.jpg

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Aww I'm so sorry for your loss. My cats are like my children so I know how upsetting it is when they leave us. We did have one cat though who disappeared, then turned up in the village a year later, so don't give up hope. Are you planning on getting another cat? :cat:
hi, thanks, I must admit I was so upset my partner said he didn't want me to have more cats if I was gonna be like this :( Basically, I have got 2 young cats now that were being kept in a cage when kittens, it took a while to get them friendly but they seem loads better now. I hope against all hope that Archie may be with another family & being loved & not suffered some horrible fate but I don't want to get told off for writing this in the wrong place. Thanks so much for asking by the way.:):)x:cat:

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's in a beige re-sealable sachet about 7 ins high. It's their own 'Harvest Morn' brand, usually kept near the cereals, and has the words 'Milled linseed, goji berries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds' on front of pack.'

Awesome, thanks. Will have a look out for it on Monday! Can't be too many carbs in that!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hello everybody

B. Raspberries and cream
L. Stir fried with olive oilcauliflower cous cous with onions and mushrooms seasoned with paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion granules. Lovely.
D. Roast chicken, carrots, cabbage, and gravy. I had a roast parsnip but have since discovered just how high carb it is. Oh dear.

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@sugar-rush123

I blame you ENTIRELY.
I have ordered a Protein Graze box for myself, and one for Mr B as a pressie. That way I get to pick through and take out anything he won't like, so he gets 4 he will love, and I can eat the rest - cos I like EVERYTHING. lol.

I thought my Graze days were over.

Having looked at their wee boxes, it looks like the protein options have a 7-20g carb content, usually in nuts with small amounts of pretzel or lentil things. I reckon, that as a trial, I can spread the snack over several hours and hope it doesn't even blip the bg.

Yeah right.

Ah well, time will tell.

Hehe i know they're so moreish i enjoy the veggie one and the lime and chilli cashew one. I find theyre not too bad on my levels.
Brilliant!
Sadly the dumpling wasnt so good *sigh* enjoyed while it lasted

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: 1/2 Lidl roll, smoked salmon, poached egg
L: was out at a café. LC options seriously limited. Bacon & brie ciabatta with salad
D: cottage pie with mustard cauli mash, lemon & poppy seed muffin

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi, thanks, I must admit I was so upset my partner said he didn't want me to have more cats if I was gonna be like this :( Basically, I have got 2 young cats now that were being kept in a cage when kittens, it took a while to get them friendly but they seem loads better now. I hope against all hope that Archie may be with another family & being loved & not suffered some horrible fate but I don't want to get told off for writing this in the wrong place. Thanks so much for asking by the way.:):)x:cat:
Aww bless you, I was scared to let her out again but she loves it so much. My older cat is ill I think, her breathing has changed, she is old though.I'm glad you have found some new cats, I couldn't live without them:cat: