What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, it wasn't proper cous cous, it was all different vegetables grated to look like cous cous. It's ready made from Tesco. :)
Its amazing that shops are finally catching on to low carbs. I can find veg spaghetti now and cauliflower rice at supermarkets. One of the things that shocked me is to find out a lot of "stock" cubes are adding carbs to stock. Ive seen them as high as 63g per 100g and as low as 0.5g. Yes I know we dont eat 100gs but its the principle of removing carbs. You can not believe what you are buying if you do not look at the packages.

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is for yesterday (Sun 28th Feb).
B: 4 tbsp. Greek yoghurt plus milled linseed, etc (see previous posts) and handful of blueberries
L: 2 decent tbsp. of hummus with carrot sticks and bean salad
D: Friends came around for a Sunday dinner. I ate about 4oz each of pork, carrots, cauliflower, shredded cabbage and a single roast potato so small it hardly merits a mention. There, I've said it. A roast potato. Devils come in unusual disguises. I also had a small piece of stilton with an oatcake (Sainbury's, on the cracker shelf but not a cracker) and a small pear. Just noticed how often I've used the word 'small' to describe what I ate.
The rest of them ate all this (with extravagantly large helpings of roast potatoes and mash, as well as grapes with other types of cracker), and large bowls of trifle to follow, washed down with copious amounts of beer and prosecco). I felt like a eunuch at an orgy. According to this morning's bathroom scales, though, my weight is still reducing. I love those scales.

Reactions: 2 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
This will work for any squash not just pumpkins. I use Butternut squash alot. Sounds yummy.
I'm pretty new to those sorts of veg. I know husband once made a gratin with spaghetti squash, cream, nutmeg, cheese and maybe a bit of bacon. Might have to do that again soon...

Reactions: 7 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
One more post before I stop hogging the thread: have you tried an Alsatian dish which involves slicing "cervelas" (maybe saveloy?? or some kind of fat processed sausages) sausages down the middle, adding cheese (processed stuff is good for that "junk" factor), and then wrapping in bacon? Google "alsace cervelas" for images... Just saw some in the supermarket and I'm a very happy chicky. 0.5 g carbs per 100 g but best not look too closely at the other ingredients ;-) They will help take my mind off the Doritos and croissants I've bought back for my husband!

just_undiscovered_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds, bright lights, shopping, arrogance, reality TV shows..
Yesterday's
B: 1 1/2 slices soya and linseed with cheese
L: wholemeal pitta bread with chicken
D: Couscous, prawns and pak choi, 2 tbsp ice cream hagen daaz. (Really what's the point even having it) lol
S: 1/2 apple, walnuts,

Reactions: 9 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: toasted high protein roll with no added sugar peanut butter
L: almond and cheese muffin, raw yellow pepper, cube of cheese
D: halloumi, green beans and mushrooms

The almond muffins were yummy, my family loved them too and polished the lot of today! They are on @ewelina site http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/ as cheese biscuits.

Reactions: 9 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and skyr yoghurt
L. Cauliflower cous cous fried with onion , mushrooms and spices
D. 2 heck 97%sausage and an egg

Reactions: 5 people

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Brekkie sausage egg mc halfmuffin

Lunch alpro yogurt mixed nuts and seeds. Walkers squares

Snack choc digestive (cant believe i stopped at one!)

Din leftover stew bit put too much salt on

Reactions: 7 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B Ham,cheese,mushroom 2 egg omelette
S Coffee and cream
L Greek yoghurt and berries
D Chicken stew (need to think of evening snack hmm)
S almonds cheese and a plum

Last edited by a moderator:

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Greek yoghurt, linseed mix, blueberries, cup of tea. I know I should be more adventurous/experimental, but it's quick, good to eat and keeps me full the whole morning, so I don't snack at work.
L: Some hummus with 4-bean salad, apple.
D: Family were having spaghetti, so I waited till they were all done. Because of the wait my appetite subsided a little, so had a bowl of porridge with more blueberries (and half-a-dozen sultanas when nobody was looking. I followed this - gourmet that I am - with a slice of cold roast pork (yesterday's leftovers). Eat yer heart out, Heston Blumenthal. You watch - within a month the same combination will be on Heston's menus as 'Urban Poor Platter'.

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's
B: 1 1/2 slices soya and linseed with cheese
L: wholemeal pitta bread with chicken
D: Couscous, prawns and pak choi, 2 tbsp ice cream hagen daaz. (Really what's the point even having it) lol
S: 1/2 apple, walnuts,
What's the carb count of a wholemeal pitta? (I miss bread so much...)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi just printed the recipe off for the Pepperoni Pizza Egg muffins will make these thank you looks scrumptious:)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Nice @zzcanasta ! I picked up the Harvest Morn linseed you recommended from Aldi earlier. Do you have it with Greek Yoghurt most mornings then?
Hi teacher123, Re Harvest Moon Linseed . Try this with your Harvest Moon Linseed
Glass dish or small glass --- place a few raw Oats [ from Aldi ] in bottom of dish cover with greek yogurt or I get Alpro Almond or coconut Yogurt repeat again top with a couple of teaspoons of the Linseeds and top with raspberries or strawberries, place in fridge overnight , I make a few up at a time can eat anytime. Or as a snack. Delicious. I have 1 every night.. :)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Fried Eggs & Bacon
L: Cold Roast Chicken with Mayonnaise & Cherry Tomatoes
D: Tandoori Chicken with Cauliflower Rice & Veggies
Greek Yoghurt & Radpberries

Reactions: 10 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
B Egg on toast [ 2 slices of Burgen Bread]
L Large crumpet [ from Asda ] with low fat cheese spread and peanut butter / 2 pieces of red water melon
D Ham / cheese / egg salad 1 plum

Reactions: 6 people

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @amgrundy, will definitely give this a try :) Does Aldi sell coconut yoghurt or do I need to visit a larger supermarket for such goods?

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I don't think they do I know I had to go to Asda, the Alpro Almond is lovely but then so is the coconut. The raw Oats from Aldi are in a bag [ like a bag of flour] 89p. :) Sometimes I put bran flakes in too for the fibre. Some people can not have bran flakes but I only put a handful in each one it is good for the the fibre we need. . Does not affect my BG readings try and then test 2hrs later let me know how you get on. These have been a life saver for me as I look forward to one of these at night or sometimes if I can not bother to cook a breakfast I will have one of these instead.:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
B: coffee and cream
Reheated white bread toast with butter
L: shredded cabbage