Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want to get to the bottom of this. I had 4.7 after eating yesterday two hours!!!! Cheese raclette! That's low for me - so think the insulin was on the high. No carbs so it would seem that high fat cheese sets off insulin too!!!!!!! This is crazy!!
What is wrong with 4.7? That is a brilliant low carb reading. I would be delighted.

We only produce insulin to deal with higher-than-ideal blood glucose. If the meal you ate was low carb then your body wont have produced as much insulin - which is a good thing. Keep it up, and your insulin resistance may well reduce. Another good thing.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I want to get to the bottom of this. I had 4.7 after eating yesterday two hours!!!! Cheese raclette! That's low for me - so think the insulin was on the high. No carbs so it would seem that high fat cheese sets off insulin too!!!!!!! This is crazy!!

That's a great normal reading!
If you had an insulin overshoot, (that in RH terms is what happens after the glucose has been used, after spike before hypo) then your numbers on the three hour mark would be lower. Your two hour reading is in normal range.

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Youpi!!! You both make my day! Nausea nearly gone by cutting carbs and sugar. I'm sorry to sound so thick but this is totally new to me and the word "pancreas" is scary!! This came on so suddenly

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
My liver tests are great, the best they ve been in a long time. I was pre diabetic in Jan but had no clue about readings then. My body just can't take any serious carbs anymore, and I'd like to know why - gosh I wish I had been krafts patient!!!

lindisfel

Expert
Hi, Talking of liver tests, has anyone tried whey protein to reduce stuborn GGT like mine? Thanks. (was up to 87 from 72 on last test. Probably caused by non diabetes meds?)

atb Derek

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be. But that's out of my field of expertise. I have Gilbert's syndrome so slow liver but that's another cattle of fish

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a cautionary note ,if you have a high serum calcium level you should not take Vitamin D
CAROL

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Alicky , No, you wouldn't want to be one of Kraft's patients! He would get to cut you up in bits....he was a Pathologist !! :)
atb
Derek

My liveras are great, the best they ve been in a long time. I was pre diabetic in Jan but had no clue about readings then. My body just can't take any serious carbs anymore, and I'd like to know why - gosh I wish I had been krafts patient!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi, Talking of liver tests, has anyone tried whey protein to reduce stuborn GGT like mine? Thanks. (was up to 87 from 72 on last test. Probably caused by non diabetes meds?)

atb Derek

One scoop a day of pure organic whey protein for helping body after cancer removal.

Had full bloods taken before and due again in 3 months.

I feel good but that could be due to cancer removal n now hopefully in recovery. Or due to all the balanced oils n nutrients I ensure I have each day.

To be honest I feel better now than 10 years ago....

Have a scoop every day in a smoothie.

lindisfel

Expert
thanks Donn, it is good you are recovering well.atb, Derek

One scoop a day of pure organic whey protein for helping body after cancer removal.

Had full bloods taken before and due again in 3 months.

I feel good but that could be due to cancer removal n now hopefully in recovery. Or due to all the balanced oils n nutrients I ensure I have each day.

To be honest I feel better now than 10 years ago....

Have a scoop every day in a smoothie.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
thanks Donn, it is good you are recovering well.atb, Derek
Thanks Derek, its been a journe y but am sure I'm
On the way up finally!! Think its so important to get protein for overall health. Currently on smoothies and soup again so hard to get protein in unless from a whey mix. I didn't but the body building ones though! It was the organic pure one....
My bloods except B12 are always in normal ranges so don't have to concentrate on too much....B12 is my stupid body I think...lol!!

Hope someone else adds in protein and more helpful than me...

lindisfel

Expert
I had a bilateral st3 prostate carcinoma thirteen years ago so I know what hell you are going through. God speed your recovery. Derek

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I had a bilateral st3 prostate carcinoma thirteen years ago so I know what hell you are going through. God speed your recovery. Derek

Thats so positive to read... Thank you.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi Lina, just found I have Vit D problems it is less than half the lowest acceptable level so I shall have to get sorted
Thyroid OK.
Hba1c still creeping, down now 43.
regards
Derek

Wow Derek you will notice such a difference when you get treated but you do need co factors which are k2 and magnesium. I know you have an issue with blood clotting from previous posts and take warfarin am I right? You will need to talk to your consultant to see if they are happy with you taking k2. K2 is different to k1 but consultant may not know this xx

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Thanks @Linagirl
How are you doing? :)

Supplementing with vit D has made a big difference to me in several ways, but it hasn't done squat for my bg levels. :(

@lindisfel when you supplement with Vit D, please make sure you take enough Vit K2 at the same time, or your body won't use the D properly. It is a bit worrying that the study quoted didn't give K2 at the same time as the Vit D...

I'm doing good thanks. Are you ok? I have found out today that I have a genetically inherited condition in my genome which is pmm2 -cdg

It is pretty scary so I'm hoping I don't have it properly as it can be fatal but I have the variant so it might be that I am a carrier.

It is a congenital disorder of glycosylation and it's something to do with sugar and protein or sometimes known as carbohydrate intolerance but can lead to neurological problems. I spoke to my consultants secretary today and I am sending my results to him.

Hope you are ok xx