Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

@debrasue - Very nice and have you actually seen HRH out and about then? My partner is the expert -( having studied at Horticultural College for 3 years, 6 years ago) asks me for my opinion about plants etc and then does it the way he thought of in the first place!!! I hope it is nice next weekend for you - have all your gardening tools at the ready on the lawn and everyone can talk and garden at the same time. = Many hands make light work.;)
Yes, that sounds good in theory, but my family are particularly skilled at avoiding any sort of work in the garden.
No, I can't actually say that I've seen HRH out and about, although my daughter and I did go to watch the 2 princes playing polo a couple of years ago - how terribly posh! (We only really went for the smoked salmon/strawberries & cream, though.)
Sounds as if your partner is asking your opinion just so that you feel you had some input, bless him!

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@debrasue - Bet that was enjoyable seeing the 2 Prince's? I like Prince Harry, think he is lovely and by far the better looking than William. Sorry, but I have to go and start cooking and tumble drier is bleeping it's finished. Enjoyed our wee natter - must do it again. Enjoy the rest of the day. :)

D

debrasue

@debrasue - Bet that was enjoyable seeing the 2 Prince's? I like Prince Harry, think he is lovely and by far the better looking than William. Sorry, but I have to go and start cooking and tumble drier is bleeping it's finished. Enjoyed our wee natter - must do it again. Enjoy the rest of the day. :)
I enjoyed the chat, too (and totally agree with you about Harry).
Have fun!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenfoldAPD I managed to get back to my 6s this morning after a fight with my meds. How you getting on?

Mmm not too good. So last night I had half bottle of champagne (we had a property sale to celebrate), it was dry, my numbers were fine last night. Slept awful - up at 5am working. Sausage sarnie for breakfast, LivLife bread Heck sausages so maybe 16g of carbs total. 2 hours later up at 8.6! So immediately tested again, 7.7 then again 7.4. 10 minutes later at 7.0. Wondering if my meter is broken with such differing results one after another ....

Went out for lunch, roast meat, all good veg, no potatoes ... 7.1 again after 2 hours!

So tomorrow I will swim at 6:30am like I was doing (no exercise for a week actually), LCHF strictly and hope my usual 5s return. And I can put this down to a blip when I had a week of poor control.

Thanks for asking, and listening ... sorry to ramble Feel a bit fed up but hoping it will pass

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I had to share the good news with my friends - mum had a breakthrough today! I test her BG when I visit her on Tuesdays and Sundays (my younger brother, her carer has a phobia of needles and blood) and since she was hospitalized twice last year she has struggled with her bgs. Her usual reading is 10 or 11 (!) but today it was 8.9! She has consciously been cutting down on her carbs and going out for a walk every day and it has obviously paid off. I'm so proud of her :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mmm not too good. So last night I had half bottle of champagne (we had a property sale to celebrate), it was dry, my numbers were fine last night. Slept awful - up at 5am working. Sausage sarnie for breakfast, LivLife bread Heck sausages so maybe 16g of carbs total. 2 hours later up at 8.6! So immediately tested again, 7.7 then again 7.4. 10 minutes later at 7.0. Wondering if my meter is broken with such differing results one after another ....

Went out for lunch, roast meat, all good veg, no potatoes ... 7.1 again after 2 hours!

So tomorrow I will swim at 6:30am like I was doing (no exercise for a week actually), LCHF strictly and hope my usual 5s return. And I can put this down to a blip when I had a week of poor control.

Thanks for asking, and listening ... sorry to ramble Feel a bit fed up but hoping it will pass
You've done brilliantly. 7s after carbs is quite good but not angelic. ;) I'm sure your 5s are just around the corner. Mine can carry me into double figures for a few days. It's hard work sinning but sometimes necessary to fulfill your long term goal. It's a walk not a sprint. You need the tools to continue for lifelong good control.
I'm now convinced you're in it long term. Do you agree?
Very strong and focused in your war on diabetes. Excellent effort @PenfoldAPD :)

Reactions: 7 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - A lovely Avatar - like it Anna.:)x

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ickihun you have made me feel better I so appreciate the words of a 'veteran', I've realised I am a still very much a newbie here. I'll be checking and monitoring over this week and hope to get back to those 5s.

Thanks so much I am in this for the long term, my goal is still to get off Metformin before camping in August

Reactions: 8 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thank you William, that's me in our local Country Park, had a lovely walk there today. The bluebells are out and all the trees are in bud, spring is in full bloom

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi All
Its a long weekend here for ANZAC day. The better half has just returned from the Dawn Service at the Australian War Memorial. While I didn't attend this year it is an amazing service with the surrounds of the war memorial well wooded and the calls of the Kookaburras and Cockatoos in the otherwise completely still morning adding an amazing atmosphere as we remember those who served and those who gave their lives in the service of our country. Later after the morning service most pubs and clubs will have the traditional two-up games (legal on Anzac Day) in a loud and boisterous but just as fitting tribute to the spirit of the ANZACS.

A quiet day for me but not without a little reflection
Lest We Forget

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
@amgrundy - I think it's time you had this 'frozen shoulder' looked into by your GP? Maybe some Physiotherapy may be of some benefit, but you should not have to suffer like you have. Keep us updated on here how things progress with it. Hope your Mum and Dad are well. :)
Hi liam 1955, Thank you so much for your kindness, what a nice man you are, I am off too the docs today, also going for my 3 month blood tests today, be good to see what they are at now saying they were 19.3 in Jan this year. Oh by the way took your advice and had cheese and crackers, last night as my BG reading 2hrs after dinner was 4.4, so ate some cheese and crackers BG reading this morning 5.5 am happy with that. Take care
Arlene :):)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning I hope everyone is well and enjoys there day. @liam1955 did you manage to arrange your delivery . When do you have your injection?

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks @ickihun you have made me feel better I so appreciate the words of a 'veteran', I've realised I am a still very much a newbie here. I'll be checking and monitoring over this week and hope to get back to those 5s.

Thanks so much I am in this for the long term, my goal is still to get off Metformin before camping in August
You will do it. Are you upping your walking? Walking and water can make a huge diffference.
My toddler has gone buggyless and it's great but very slow pace. Sometimes I feel like a snail. Ha ha
I'm upping my swimming this week but I have to do it slowly as last time I got a trapped nerve. Hum. Oouch!
It can be frustrating when you know the answers but cannot get on with it. But like you I know the key which always helps.
Keep focused for now. Even til August? If you can go that long. But ultimately you now know how to recover and get on, if it happens again. ;)

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning Folks,

7.3 this morning so frustrating.

I had a week of being in the 6's for my fasting, my weekly average has been between 5.7 And 5.9 for the last few weeks, before food I average 5.6 and after I average 5.7.

I feel like I am doing something wrong and am going in the wrong direction. If I had eaten someting full of carbs or fallen off the wagon in a spectaculair fashion then I would get it and put that right but

I am being angelic over food, sticking below 20g carbs a day, I am excercising......I am losing weight.

I Know I am new to this but I really hoped to be getting fastings in the low to mid 6's by now.......
In a word arrrgh!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning All. Waiting for delivery today, anytime between 9am - 5pm for the Courier to deliver Injections. @13lizanne - Anna enjoy your lunch time out with Hubby and Son. @mo53 Hope your back is better, still take things easy. @amgrundy - Arlene good fasting result, tell your Doc what Hell you have put up with the shoulder - maybe shed a tear or two!!!:)

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Morning Folks,

7.3 this morning so frustrating.

I had a week of being in the 6's for my fasting, my weekly average has been between 5.7 And 5.9 for the last few weeks, before food I average 5.6 and after I average 5.7.

I feel like I am doing something wrong and am going in the wrong direction. If I had eaten someting full of carbs or fallen off the wagon in a spectaculair fashion then I would get it and put that right but

I am being angelic over food, sticking below 20g carbs a day, I am excercising......I am losing weight.

I Know I am new to this but I really hoped to be getting fastings in the low to mid 6's by now.......
In a word arrrgh!
Try not to sweat it too much, the body is constantly changing its BGL throughout the day for all sorts reasons it's not just the carbs, it's very natural for higher number when we test as it just within a brief moment of that daily cycle.
Even the stress of testing itself could hike up your BGL briefly, just the minor act of finger pricking is trauma to the body and it will react, some people hate needles or the pain, so stress level may rise as with some people their BP is always higher when a professional health care provider takes it.
Stay with your plan and manage the thing you have control of, you'll see the real results in your next Hba1c results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people