Insulin response of Reactive Hypoglycaemics

lindisfel

Expert
Hi guys, Just had my blood test results for diabetes interview. Good and bad. Diet controlled Hba1c now 42. GGT now up to 102. Has been going up again since I started on Rivaroxaban at end of January. Trial in US over this drug causing liver damage! HDL 1.6 non HDL rather high at 5.2. Derek

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Derek,

Yes it seem to lift you up and then drop kick you in the b........!

At least you are still getting somewhere, your cholesterol should hopefully get better with low carbing.

1. Chin up mate, keep us posted.
    Hi guys, Just had my blood test results for diabetes interview. Good and bad. Diet controlled Hba1c now 42. GGT now up to 102. Has been going up again since I started on Rivaroxaban at end of January. Trial in US over this drug causing liver damage! HDL 1.6 non HDL rather high at 5.2. Derek

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks for the encouragement Nosher. I'll find a way through this problem .. I shall wait a month and get my meds changed. There is only one remaining anticoagulant left. :)
Another drug I take puts up cholesterol.
atb
Derek
Hi Derek,

Yes it seem to lift you up and then drop kick you in the b........!

At least you are still getting somewhere, your cholesterol should hopefully get better with low carbing.

1. Chin up mate, keep us posted.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks for the encouragement Nosher. I'll find a way through this problem .. I shall wait a month and get my meds changed. There is only one remaining anticoagulant left. :)
Another drug I take puts up cholesterol.
atb
Derek
It certainly is a balancing act mate.
Every time you think you've got it cracked, something comes along and......
Good you sound positive.

Reactions: 2 people

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Guys,
GGT down again to 84 but I hope to still get my meds change because it could well go up again. Also I am going to be modifying my diet somewhat...cutting out diary fat to bring down non HDL cholesterol as I think it was Diet Doctor recommended for those who have difficulties with the HF part of diet.
atb
Derek

Last edited by a moderator:

lindisfel

Expert
After looking into the subject in more detail it may be necessary to reduce my fructose input. This may be keeping my GGT high but seeing as my trigs are only 1.0 I am doubtful, any thoughts PSE?I am eating blueberries, straws and rasps, perhaps even though they do not raise my BG much in quantities I eat I could be having too much fructose in the course of a day. Thanks Derek

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You can only try, mate, I have recently adjusted my food and fasting routine and it has helped me quite a bit. My fructose intake has halved and tho no significant levels have altered, there is a slight improvement in how I feel in myself. As they say a change is as good as a rest!

Atb
Nosher

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks Nosher, Obviously with my insulin demand dropping, trigs and hdl OK, like you I can only fine tune my diet. I reckon when my liver is right I will feel better. atb Derek
Ps.
I hope France wins tonight that Ronaldo gets on my wick! :):)
You can only try, mate, I have recently adjusted my food and fasting routine and it has helped me quite a bit. My fructose intake has halved and tho no significant levels have altered, there is a slight improvement in how I feel in myself. As they say a change is as good as a rest!

Atb
Nosher

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks Nosher, Obviously with my insulin demand dropping, trigs and hdl OK, like you I can only fine tune my diet. I reckon when my liver is right I will feel better. atb Derek
Ps.
I hope France wins tonight that Ronaldo gets on my wick! :):)

Totally agree mate!
But my predictions are not very good!
But I'm hoping la belle France are victorious!

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
The tricky thing for me is that Im insulin resistant and how on earth to test that after food is challenging. Im guess Im must measure BS before meals and one hour after meals to see if blood sugar drops ...!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The tricky thing for me is that Im insulin resistant and how on earth to test that after food is challenging. Im guess Im must measure BS before meals and one hour after meals to see if blood sugar drops ...!
It always helps in the stage your in, the testing and experimental stage, to find out when and how you spike and how long after, you hypo. To do this, it is beneficial to test every fifteen minutes after first bite. Of course, the fasting blood reading is important but so are the others, so you can track your levels through a typical meal.
You can make a graph of the readings.
The other thing is purchasing a continuous glucose monitor, this monitor will track your bloods and it would answer so many of the questions you are wondering about.

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks! Back to intensive mesuring then.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all, had blood results today. a1c same at 42, hdl up slightly to 1.7 , total cholesterol 6.4, I assume trigs as before at c.1.0. GGT a little better and down to 76. Been around target weight of 84 kg since spring. regards Derek

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all, had blood results today. a1c same at 42, hdl up slightly to 1.7 , total cholesterol 6.4, I assume trigs as before at c.1.0. GGT a little better and down to 76. Been around target weight of 84 kg since spring. regards Derek

Not much change there!
Some good, some not so good!

Hope you are well, mate!

Reactions: lindisfel

lindisfel

Expert
Not much change there!
Some good, some not so good!

Hope you are well, mate!
I am fine Nosher hope you are keeping it all in balance. I am thinking of cutting fructose altogether to see if my liver improves. I think meds and age are tying my arms and legs, metaphorically speaking. Picked up a tick in our garden a few days ago so I am on a course of doxycycline! atb Derek

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am fine Nosher hope you are keeping it all in balance. I am thinking of cutting fructose altogether to see if my liver improves. I think meds and age are tying my arms and legs, metaphorically speaking. Picked up a tick in our garden a few days ago so I am on a course of doxycycline! atb Derek

Bloody ticks! I got bit my mosquitoes all over the other week, I'm itchy enough without the bites!
I have lowered my fructose quite a lot and it has had no ill effects yet!
I'm so busy you wouldn't believe!
Actually using my lunch to come on here and answer some posts.
Keep well mate!
Best wishes.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes

That's rotten luck Derek.

My sister has also had the same and she is now being tested for Lyme disease as she has some sort of infection. They don't know yet and won't for a few days but it's very worrying for her.

Hope all will be ok.

Emma x

Reactions: Lamont D

lindisfel

Expert
Hope your sister has a clear test Emma. This problem is much worse with climate change, ticks were almost unknown in my youth.
atb
Derek

That's rotten luck Derek.

My sister has also had the same and she is now being tested for Lyme disease as she has some sort of infection. They don't know yet and won't for a few days but it's very worrying for her.

Hope all will be ok.

Emma x

lindisfel

Expert
Hi All
Lyme test came back negative.

After trying to change my gut biome with probiotics for over two months (as recommended by some characters on another thread) my GGT has not shifted from the low seventies and LCHF and zero fructose did not change the situations appreciably either. I do not think my high GGT was anything to do with fructose or high blood glucose it was medication driven.

At a BMI of 22 there is not much else I can do, because fasting for me is out.
However, atm diabetes is the least of my concerns, as the affects of Conn's syndrome are far more serious in my case.
Anyway LCHF has stopped my RH and it is now a fading memory, so thanks for your help guys.
atb
Derek

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Lamont,
I see Phinney has come out against fasting more than one day! I don't think he feels Jason Fung is correct!
It will not be long before all these different gurus will form their own cults! :) ;)
atb
Derek