1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Insulin response of Reactive Hypoglycaemics

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by lindisfel, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

Hi Derek,

If the both of them studied me and you, despite us both having been diagnosed with RH, our results and tests would show differing value and they would probably disagree on how we got here and how to treat it!
    My body loves fasting, yours because of the complications doesn't!
    No two are the same, we only have an overactive pancreas, which is triggered by foods we can't tolerate!

I'm in a cult of my own (careful spelling needed!)

Best wishes, mate!

2. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, Got a stack of blood results today. Hba1c a little disappointing at 45 was 42 last time but I have been trying to put on weight. GGT down to 71 so it is creeping down slowly but the other enzymes are excellent. Kidney readings improved. Potassium and Magnesium very good. HDL up to 1.8 and total down to 6.1. Its a nuisance but they don't do the trigs now, they are usually 1.0 so that is my assumption. My PSA was 0.08 After treatment for advanced prostate cancer 14 years ago. so I am still in remission. They never talk of cures but I have had no treatment for 11 years. So it is pretty good for me ATM, I just hope the cardioversion works. atb Derek

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

Not at all bad mate!

Keep up the good work!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook