ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun - Vicky, I have just checked/read up on the Internet about Metformin and maintenance dose is 2000mg daily.
Maximum dose is 2550mg daily.
That's interesting, will have to check/ ask my GP if my dosage could be increased by an extra tablet of 500mg at Lunch Time? - I take a 1000mg at Breakfast and then another 1000mg at Evening Meal (plus the Insulin daily). Hmm:)
That dose rings a bell.
It was difficult for me to increase at the stage i was at because i was told 2300 was maximum on long lasting one. I was taking 2000 but after a shock i experienced in my life my tummy was never the same. Metformin made it worse. Then it stopped working on high none sugar carbs. Which i didnt realise til recently.
If im given it back i would have to eat only lchf and low fiber.
Pre metformin only chocolate released me. I was bunged up when no sugar or high fiber diet.
If i eat none sugary carbs with no meds I'm perfect. But high bgs. Add weight.

I lose weight keeping my bgs low but not too much insulin.
No carbs except veg and not high protein. Pork scratchings seem to help me.

God im weird!

I've just had a thought.....
If carbs, the staple ones (bread, pasta, potato) spike late how can our 2hrs after reading be accurate? I'll post a new thread. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
@tina_marie - Was your dipstick results Normal? And do you have to phone up the Surgery Pratice for your Blood results = end of this week? :) Have you heard anymore from Ron and how is the eye pain?
apart from protein she didn't say much else . will hear in a couple days about blood test. that's if I don't get knock on door tonight . lol . Ron says they still hurt.

Reactions: 3 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
apart from protein she didn't say much else . will hear in a couple days about blood test. that's if I don't get knock on door tonight . lol . Ron says they still hurt.
hes had yellow and green flashes

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@tina_marie - I would take myself down to A & E and get it checked out ASAP. Can you go and collect him? If he drives? He needs to be careful.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie - I would take myself down to A & E and get it checked out ASAP. Can you go and collect him? If he drives? He needs to be careful.
hes a stubborn coot ive told him to shift . it would take me half an hour to get to him by which time he could be in hospital himself.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hes a stubborn coot ive told him to shift . it would take me half an hour to get to him by which time he could be in hospital himself.

Good. Will you go and meet him there? And keep us updated on the Forum?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
he wont go told you hes stubborn.
I told him he could be experiencing a detached retina ... this is the response I got its not that bad the pain would be worse than this if its that.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
9.4 this morning and just done a test and now 7.7

I feel so much better in myself like I have been given new blood in my veins

Anyone who is hyper and has poor control has my sympathy

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon. BGs still a tad on the high side. 11.2 mmol/l after lunch, feeling thirsty. Hope everyone is doing fine and that the weather cools down soon, it was 28C yesterday but to reach 22C today so a bit bearable. Still got the runs, finish one antibiotic on Friday and the other on Monday.:)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I told him he could be experiencing a detached retina ... this is the response I got its not that bad the pain would be worse than this if its that.
I think one of the symptoms of detached retina is the lack of pain but slow sight loss. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
9.4 this morning and just done a test and now 7.7

I feel so much better in myself like I have been given new blood in my veins

Anyone who is hyper and has poor control has my sympathy
Ta, then lol :D

Reactions: 4 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Sable_Jan - A test strip to check for: Blood, Protein, Ketones, Glucose and PH in the Urine. (Am I right Vicky?) :)
That's right. Nurses use them at the gp practices for a quick guide as to any renal problems. (i.e too much sugar, protein etc...)
I was diagnosed intially on a dip stick then a hba1c blood test. I was given a meter and metformin before hba1c had come back. I'm talking about in 2002 in a rural doctors. Very very scarey! I had to visit gp on saturday morning for dn to advise. I knew it was serious. Shock didn't kick-in til a few months later with mild depression. I had no one to talk to about it. I was afraid work would refuse my promotion etc... I lived on my own away from my family and mainly had work friends only. Very isolated time.
But not now.......... he he :) :) :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@tina_marie hi tina hope you and Ron are OK just wanted to let you know I am back driving again now so if you need a hand or owt don't hesitate to ask if I am able would be quite happy to help.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie hi tina hope you and Ron are OK just wanted to let you know I am back driving again now so if you need a hand or owt don't hesitate to ask if I am able would be quite happy to help.
thank you your a gem. x

Reactions: 7 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@tina_marie - I have been checking up. @eddie1968 is right there is no pain with Retinal Detachment. But, these are the symptoms: Spots or Floaters, flashes of light, gradual deterioration of vision.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie - I have been checking up. @eddie1968 is right there is no pain with Retinal Detachment. But, these are the symptoms: Spots or Floaters, flashes of light, gradual deterioration of vision.
well hes got the spots and hes had flashes of light.