Type 2 Life

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Two things about my Type 2 Life - 1. I am getting really fed up with my chemist who seems to be unable to order a repeat prescription and get it right. I am now in the position of having no anti-diabetic medication that I can actually tolerate in my possession. I appreciate that one day without probably won't kill me, but I did actually order this prescription a week ago. What is the point of offering a service and have people with medical conditions rely on you and then let them down?? Apparently my medication (Canagliflozin) is new so chemist has to order it in. grrrr.

On the positive side, I am still persevering with my battle with metformin and my new, posh medications wallet has arrived. Looks like a purse so I can slip it in my bag without looking all 'medical'. Really pleased. It came from France so all the days are in French, which makes me smile.

P

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two things about my Type 2 Life - 1. I am getting really fed up with my chemist who seems to be unable to order a repeat prescription and get it right. I am now in the position of having no anti-diabetic medication that I can actually tolerate in my possession. I appreciate that one day without probably won't kill me, but I did actually order this prescription a week ago. What is the point of offering a service and have people with medical conditions rely on you and then let them down?? Apparently my medication (Canagliflozin) is new so chemist has to order it in. grrrr.

On the positive side, I am still persevering with my battle with metformin and my new, posh medications wallet has arrived. Looks like a purse so I can slip it in my bag without looking all 'medical'. Really pleased. It came from France so all the days are in French, which makes me smile.

P

Any pics of the smart new wallet?

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Providence 62 - Hi N. What rubbish your chemist is saying to you, Canaglifloxin has been available since 2014. At your next review with the Diabetic Nurse tell her how you are suffering really bad with the SR Metformin. The Nurse can write a prescription for another Diabetic drug which may be better for you. Wm:)

S

Sable_Jan

P
Aujourdhui vendredi? the "today" word should have apostrophe somewhere I think

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Any pics of the smart new wallet?

et voila! le wallet. With your smiling face in the background. Hopefully this may help me win the metformin battle.

Attachments

• single day small.jpg
    single day small.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 172
  • small wallet.jpg
    small wallet.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Wallet days small.jpg
    Wallet days small.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: 10 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
@Providence 62 - Hi N. What rubbish your chemist is saying to you, Canaglifloxin has been available since 2014. At your next review with the Diabetic Nurse tell her how you are suffering really bad with the SR Metformin. The Nurse can write a prescription for another Diabetic drug which may be better for you. Wm:)

Hi Wm, thanks for the tip off re. availability of canaglifloxin. I think I may have to change chemists as the one I am using is talking such tosh. I have HB1ac on the 15th and back to the nurse and doc the week after. I will ask for a different prescription, just want to make sure I don't get one that puts the weight on. I tried Sitagliptin and the weight went on in a matter of weeks.

Thanks again,

N

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
et voila! le wallet. With your smiling face in the background. Hopefully this may help me win the metformin battle.

Wow, tres chic! Might need one myself for my 3 weeks camping in France in August! If I can just remember my O level French to know which day of the week it is :)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Good morning ladies and gents

Cloudy here but as yet no rain the sun is there in small showings of about 5 minutes and then the clouds come and cover it

Hope you all have a decent day
So far, so good thanks. After a showery start the sun has started trying to shine.
Well Nina did dry her soggy face on my bum before I had chance to get a towel....but par for the course along with all the dog hairs.
I see the travellers are totally ignoring yesterday's "immediately" eviction notice but on the plus side their rubbish bags were all piled by the gate and were being removed (presumably by council) as I was walking Nina

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends on Friday 10th June 2016 at 12:54 pm,

I went out for a full English breakfast this morning with my best friend Lee and we had a chat and a rollie together outside on the street tables. I am at the library now cuz I still have no wifi in my flat till my appointee arranges to pay the current bill in installments.My FBG this morning at 6:41 am was 6.5 mmol. I feel very perky and well-spirited but missing the wifi in my flat. I dug my best friends mums garden over yesterday morning and set up her mobile shes just received from a friend for her and gave her some lessons on how 2 send texts and make calls and put phone numbers into the contacts.

Have a lovely day, my good friends.

Much love,

Johnny Baker
AS sufferer.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon, FBG 7.5 mmol/l. Feeling a lot better today, swelling is down and pain has subsided. Weather is on the turn today and is cloudy and a lot cooler, not complaining after all the sun and heat. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Afternoon, FBG 7.5 mmol/l. Feeling a lot better today, swelling is down and pain has subsided. Weather is on the turn today and is cloudy and a lot cooler, not complaining after all the sun and heat. :)
Just started raining here .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Been raining for a while. Guess Rocks is going to have to wait for his walk a bit longer....oh!! Sugger.....just noticed the time and dishwasher isn't on yet. Quick wash it is then.....
BRB
Not emptied mine yet .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
And thunder and lightning though I'm laughing as I just got my walk in at Teversal and got home just before the rain set in.:)
Just been informed by my son we've had it to but didn't see or hear it.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Having a thunder storm here and bucketing down.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
I'm jealous.....its pretty much the right conditions for it here too but we've just had the heavy rainfall but no thunder and lightening.....right now its mizzling and stuffy....

Reactions: 3 people