What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Lunch today was cheese with apple and tomato - I am so surprised that this gets me through the afternoon but it does and it lowers my BG levels as well, win win:)

Reactions: 2 people

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Breakfast: An apple
Lunch: Lamb stew cooked with lamb bone broth, tomatoes and moroccan spices
Snack: A tangerine
Snack again: (I'm working late alright?) Miso Soup
For tea, will probably have a 2nd helping of the Lamb stew and might go mad and have a piece of bread with it, the gravy is just crying out to have bread dipped in it.
(We basically got what looked like a whole cubed sheep donated by neighbours at the weekend and cooked the bony bits to make stock and the meaty bits in the slow cooker with some of the stock, two tins of toms and some of the bone stock - it is so meaty and unctious, it's so moreish - when it was first cooked, wife and I stood in front of the slow cooker with spoons just munching away).

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

B: Sausage, egg, Sukrin roll
L: Black cherries
D: Cod & sundried tomatoes wrapped in bacon, cheesy courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower; rhubarb & cream
Carbs: 40.6g

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've not been here for a few weeks because I have completely fallen off the wagon, so soon into my diabetes journey it's embarrassing. I haven't gone mad but i have been eating a fair few carbs, I decided to take my bloods reading for the first time in a week yesterday and it was 17. I'm back with a re-newed motivation, and somehow posting here allows me to keep motivated a little more somehow. Anyway, Im rambling...so for today, so far I have eaten a pot of fruit consisting of a quarter of an apple, 6 grapes and 3 strawberries. I am not sure what Im going to have for lunch ( I've got the diabetic nurse at 1.30 and its the day I have my three monthly bloods taken...:( ) so will pick something up then. Well done you guys, you have so much more will power than I do, but hopefully some of it may rub off on me x
I was so pleased to come across your post @TracyC as I was just about to post exactly the same confession! I don't know what has happened over the past few weeks but I have had cake (brother's birthday), biscuits and sweets (left over from school residential trip and consumed over half term whilst trying to put off report writing:arghh:), chips (pub quiz night), rubbish chocolate and ordinary bread:( Haven't dared to test BS levels during this time but am now determined to get back on it so:
B: coffeencream
L: fish, rocket, coleslaw
D: bolognaise (made with beef mince, fresh blended tomato, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red wine, thyme, almonds and cooked in coconut oil) with courgetti; square 85% choc

Onwards and upwards:)

Reactions: 4 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
I was so pleased to come across your post @TracyC as I was just about to post exactly the same confession! I don't know what has happened over the past few weeks but I have had cake (brother's birthday), biscuits and sweets (left over from school residential trip and consumed over half term whilst trying to put off report writing:arghh:), chips (pub quiz night), rubbish chocolate and ordinary bread:( Haven't dared to test BS levels during this time but am now determined to get back on it so:
B: coffeencream
L: fish, rocket, coleslaw
D: bolognaise (made with beef mince, fresh blended tomato, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red wine, thyme, almonds and cooked in coconut oil) with courgetti; square 85% choc

Onwards and upwards:)
Main thing is you're back on it, we both are! I think for me its about looking for different things to eat, I was living on the same meals every week and it quickly got really tedious. Going to need to do some searching, and fortunately this is a fantastic forum for just that! Good luck <3

B - Fruit
L - Lidl Roll with brussels pate
D - Crustless cheese flan and green salad
S - Pineapple and 2 squares of Lindt 70%

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B- nothing (trying to get mini fasts in, as full fasts aren't an option at the mo (e.g. go on hol tomorrow).

L - half Lidl roll cheese and salad (7g)
D - Lamb rogan gosh (10g); 2 large scoops strawberry ice cream (6g)
Dry white wine (4g)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Just a strong coffee with double cream first thing before my run:) used to use single cream, but double is only 1.6g of carbs per 100ml, so negligible for a bug blob in my coffee:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

D

debrasue

B: cup of Camomile tea.
50 minutes on treadmill 3.2 miles.
L: low carb crackers with pate. Half a small tin of corned beef.
D: crab salad. Fruit.

Got to put up with my husband cooking for me for couple of weeks as from tomorrow as I'm having a carpal tunnel operation tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck.
Good luck, Sian!
Big hugs x

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Now with run complete, Good Green Stuff and Clean a Lean Protein downed with plenty of water, but C, chia seeds and a little salt:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
THURSDAYS FARE
B 1 crust of burgen bread / homemade lemon curd
S coc / van / greek yogurt / blackberries
L Tuna mayo salad / I can diet coke
Afternoon snack 1pkt pork scratchings
D Egg / tuna / sweetcorn salad

Blitzie

B - One slice of toast,2 bacon & 2 eggs scrambled
L - spicy beef steak with salad
D - Chicken tikka with spicy cauliflower. Sugar free jelly with Oppo ice cream

Snacks - Pork scratchings & Atkins sweet & salty trail mix

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a strong coffee with double cream first thing before my run:) used to use single cream, but double is only 1.6g of carbs per 100ml, so negligible for a bug blob in my coffee:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

I go for a nice bug blob too. Lovely. :D

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
B - Two slices of Burgen bread with spreadable cheese, pepsi max
L - Water
D - Will be bacon and eggs
S - 2 squares of 70% and pineapple

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ox Tongue salad for lunch...yummy:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

D

debrasue

THURSDAYS FARE
B 1 crust of burgen bread / homemade lemon curd
S coc / van / greek yogurt / blackberries
L Tuna mayo salad / I can diet coke
Afternoon snack 1pkt pork scratchings
D Egg / tuna / sweetcorn salad
I'm making some more lemon curd this weekend, Arlene, and I'm going to give the meringues another try...

D

debrasue

B: Coffee & cream
L: Corned beef, iceberg lettuce, baby plum tomatoes; low-carb scone with sugar-free jam & clotted cream (Luscious, simply luscious!!! Tested 5.8 at pre-scone. Forgot to test at 2 hrs post. Tested at 3 hrs post and was 5.8 again, but 3 hours for me isn't reliable. I may just have to have another and test again! ;))
D (will be): Oven-roasted salmon with red peppers & tomatoes, cauliflower, cheesy courgettes

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I'm making some more lemon curd this weekend, Arlene, and I'm going to give the meringues another try...
OOH !!! lovely let me know what they turn out like, just made a peanut butter mug cake, when cooled down halved and spread with best butter the homemade lemon curd, topped with a few strawberries delicious. Gave my mother some of the lemon curd [ she is not diabetic ] but she loved it. She will be 90yrs old in July. She said she is going to make some. Good luck :happy: