There are many "WHY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The fat pathway is simple. You put fat in one end, you get Co2 back at the same end, and you get bile at the other end. inbetween, that which is not used to move muscles either through glucogenesis or ketosis keeps us warm and increases girth. Fat also transports some vitamins in the blood stream/

There is no simple description that easily describes the process from enzyme signalling to adipocyte transfer of FFA as Co-A and APo A./B. and all the other pathways that interact. So which system are you needing explanation for? Lipogenesis, adipocyres, bile duct. neoglucogenesis,Krebs Cycle, Cutric Cycle? These have all been explained in the forum at different times, and there are many video presentations and conference reports published and the links shared in the forums. There are many RCT studies and meta study reports linked on the forum with discussions on their subject matter.

I suggest you do some research here, since this is what I have done then make up your own mind as to what explanation fits your world model best. I have found many wonderful sources of information that have radically altered my understanding of my body functions, and I am still learning.

Its Life Jim, but not as we knew it.

An addenda analogy
An analogy between the LCHF diet and the Normal diet can be with the 2-stroke gasoline engines, where The gasoline is like the carbs and the oil is like the fat.
There is the balance between the gasoline and the oil. Such should be by the humans.
I know someone who eat this LCHF diet. It is my dog. He love fat and meat.
There can be found the differences in the Veterinary literature between the physiology off the dog and the physiology off the human.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
An addenda analogy
An analogy between the LCHF diet and the Normal diet can be with the 2-stroke gasoline engines, where The gasoline is like the carbs and the oil is like the fat.
There is the balance between the gasoline and the oil. Such should be by the humans.
The difference between a 2 stroke engine and a human is that the two stroke engine fails if it tries to run off only the oil. The human, however, adapts and simply shifts to a different fuel source.

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The difference between a 2 stroke engine and a human is that the two stroke engine fails if it tries to run off only the oil. The human, however, adapts and simply shifts to a different fuel source.

The engine fails very slowly (because of problems with tribology) if the oil is not there, but the engine fails PROMPTLY if there is not a gasoline:)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The engine fails very slowly (because of problems with tribology) if the oil is not there, but the engine fails PROMPTLY if there is not a gasoline:)
Whereas in a human, there is no failure in either state...

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If this "doctor" Bernsein has been a real doctor then he will newer accept the diet with 5 to 10 gr./day carbs.

If you're not sure who Dr Bernstein is, it's definitely worth a read of this and his first book.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I genuinely feel sad when people who are not managing their type 2 diabetes very well (i.e. insulin and multiple meds) come on the forum and tell me, who is successfully managing my diabetes with only diet) that the way I'm eating is unhealthy and that the way they are eating is healthy. I'm also baffled by such people. They'd rather be "right" with poor health than be open to the possibility that they are wrong and the possibility they could improve their health dramatically by changing their diet. Fortunately, (as far as I can see) the vast majority of type 2s that join the forum notice a pattern of people posting about how a LCHF diet has greatly improved their blood glucose control, many to levels that are considered to be non-diabetic, and give it a go.

Reactions: 6 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I genuinely feel sad when people who are not managing their type 2 diabetes very well (i.e. insulin and multiple meds) come on the forum and tell me, who is successfully managing my diabetes with only diet) that the way I'm eating is unhealthy and that the way they are eating is healthy. I'm also baffled by such people. They'd rather be "right" with poor health than be open to the possibility that they are wrong and the possibility they could improve their health dramatically by changing their diet. Fortunately, (as far as I can see) the vast majority of type 2s that join the forum notice a pattern of people posting about how a LCHF diet has greatly improved their blood glucose control, many to levels that are considered to be non-diabetic, and give it a go.

It's interesting you measure it purely by medication?
I believe many on here are on meds, but it even though it's measured as a failure by yourself, for us, it seems quite successful.
I doubt I'd stop metformin, simply for a tick on my personal measurement chart, even though I reversed my diabetes by very low calorie, and stay on a healthy mediterranean, healthy unsaturated fats diet now, as do many others.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An addenda analogy
I know someone who eat this LCHF diet. It is my dog. He love fat and meat.
There can be found the differences in the Veterinary literature between the physiology off the dog and the physiology off the human.
All combustion engines need oil for lubrication otherwise they seize up and stop. However, the diesel engine does not require petrol (carbs in your analogy), and it works quite efficiently without it. Same with the body, except it is not so efficient and needs 3 fuels.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
About the Path way of the Fat from the mouth to the Fat tissues and the consequences of that.

The Fat enters the Mouth --> Oesophagus --> Stomach (Gaster Ventriculus) --> Duodenum. Here the Fat come in contact with enzyme Lipase from the pancreatic juice that make possible to the Fat (Lipids) to be absorbed from the intestine ( the gut). The absorptions process is a little complicated and will bore the reader's. In the endothelial cells off the intestine, the Lipids molecules are converted to Chylomicrons, a small fat droplets (diameter 1 micron.), This Chylomicrons are collected by the lymph rather than by the blood. The Carbs , the Proteins and an little part speciality off Lipids are collected by the blood and flow trough the Vena Porta into the liver. This complex of lymph vessel has the name Chylus vessel's. All this small lymph vessel end in the termination vessel (Thoracic Duct, Google the name in English Wikipedia) and are then transported upward and are emptied in the circulated venous blood in the Subclavian vein that enter the Vena Cava Superior in front of the Heart. After that this fat droplets , the Chylomicrons, are transported in the right heart atrium and in the right ventricle. From there they are pumped in the lungs and go back in the Heart in the left atrium and in the left ventricle and finally are pumped in the Aorta. Hereby all parts of the heart and the lungs are lubricated with this particles. After the Aorta continue the lubrication of all arteries and veins in the organism, until all of this particles are absorbed by the liver , Adipose tissues (Fat tissues) and another tissues.
The description of this process has been much simplified, but it give a clean picture of this process.

The LCHF diet after absorption in the gut results with to much chylomicrons in the blood , that are a lipoproteins. To be removed all this chylomicrons from the blood vessels, it take time . In meantime this lipoproteins together with another lipoproteins in the blood are a risk factors for Atherosclerosis. Its complication include coronary heart disease (CHD), acute Myocardial Infarction, strokes and some form of senile Dementia. The important risk factors of atherosclerosis and CHD are AGE's ( Advanced Glycosylated End products), the male gender, smoking, Diabetes Mellitus (DM) and another as I do not remember for the moment.

This huge injection off FAT in the front of the Heart can be compared with the Oil injection under the piston by the 4-stroke gasoline engines. This oil injection lubricate the piston and the cylinder. This is what happen if the person eating to much Fat.

The characteristic lesion of the atherosclerosis is the Atheromatous plaque in the large arteries Tunica Intima ( the arteries has three layer, the inner layer Tunica Intima, In the middle is Tunica Media and the outer layer Tunica Adventitia).
A typical plaques contain a core of cholesterol and is surrounded by an area of fibrosis.
As the person with T2DM there is a great probability to get this problems.

As reader, think about the hypothetical experiment with the two pipe's and the 4-stroke gasoline engines. If some fill more oil in the engine , then the engine get problems as plaque off burned oil on the surface on many parts of the engine. Such is by the human's organism.

All this knowledge can be collected fro the internet by different pages,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chylomicron
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoracic_duct
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atherosclerosis
Whilst your quaintly put description of the mouth>>> stomach path is mostly as per the text book, it stops there, and then jumps to conclusions that you suddenly assert without any supporting evidence, and which I disagree with. I will refer you to a specific discussion thread which investigated the effects of a high fat LC diet and its effects on cholesterol, and this contains some very good links to recent scientific studies that also do not support your asserted conclusions.

There is too much info to repeat here. Please read the thread for youtself.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/will-higher-fat-harm-my-good-cholesterol-readings.99657/

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All combustion engines need oil for lubrication otherwise they seize up and stop. However, the diesel engine does not require petrol (carbs in your analogy), and it works quite efficiently without it. Same with the body, except it is not so efficient and needs 3 fuels.

Diesel
Noisey, smells, doesn't start well, and lots of lies have been told about it?

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst your quaintly put description of the mouth>>> stomach path is mostly as per the text book, it stops there, and then jumps to conclusions that you suddenly assert without any supporting evidence, and which I disagree with. I will refer you to a specific discussion thread which investigated the effects of a high fat LC diet and its effects on cholesterol, and this contains some very good links to recent scientific studies that also do not support your asserted conclusions.

There is too much info to repeat here. Please read the thread for youtself.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/will-higher-fat-harm-my-good-cholesterol-readings.99657/

In your comment you wander off into a lot of nonsense, words without context. That is your opinion of my simple description how the Fat travels from the mouth into the Fat tissues. If I say to you something: "This colour is WJITE" then your answer will be "NO, it is not White, it is BLACK" . I am sorry to say but communication with you is just pure "Margaritas ante porcos". It is not rude, it is international aphorisms for people in the situation like you.

There are no many people who knows how the fat enter in the organism. I nave asked you to make an description of that, but you cud not do that.
The point for the letter has been to show what happen if someone eat to much Fat.
This Fat will be injected direct in front of the heart and will lubricate all the vascular system and the lung's.
Carbohydrates and proteins enter the organism by the Portal vein into the liver. The Fat enter the organism by the Lymph Chylus vessels direct in the blood circulation.

Be happy

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diesel
Noisey, smells, doesn't start well, and lots of lies have been told about it?

I have a 21 year old SGL5 Diesel engine in my jap import van.. It's never let me down. :D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
About the Path way of the Fat from the mouth to the Fat tissues and the consequences of that.

The Fat enters the Mouth --> Oesophagus --> Stomach (Gaster Ventriculus) --> Duodenum. Here the Fat come in contact with enzyme Lipase from the pancreatic juice that make possible to the Fat (Lipids) to be absorbed from the intestine ( the gut). The absorptions process is a little complicated and will bore the reader's. In the endothelial cells off the intestine, the Lipids molecules are converted to Chylomicrons, a small fat droplets (diameter 1 micron.), This Chylomicrons are collected by the lymph rather than by the blood. The Carbs , the Proteins and an little part speciality off Lipids are collected by the blood and flow trough the Vena Porta into the liver. This complex of lymph vessel has the name Chylus vessel's. All this small lymph vessel end in the termination vessel (Thoracic Duct, Google the name in English Wikipedia) and are then transported upward and are emptied in the circulated venous blood in the Subclavian vein that enter the Vena Cava Superior in front of the Heart. After that this fat droplets , the Chylomicrons, are transported in the right heart atrium and in the right ventricle. From there they are pumped in the lungs and go back in the Heart in the left atrium and in the left ventricle and finally are pumped in the Aorta. Hereby all parts of the heart and the lungs are lubricated with this particles. After the Aorta continue the lubrication of all arteries and veins in the organism, until all of this particles are absorbed by the liver , Adipose tissues (Fat tissues) and another tissues.
The description of this process has been much simplified, but it give a clean picture of this process.

The LCHF diet after absorption in the gut results with to much chylomicrons in the blood , that are a lipoproteins. To be removed all this chylomicrons from the blood vessels, it take time . In meantime this lipoproteins together with another lipoproteins in the blood are a risk factors for Atherosclerosis. Its complication include coronary heart disease (CHD), acute Myocardial Infarction, strokes and some form of senile Dementia. The important risk factors of atherosclerosis and CHD are AGE's ( Advanced Glycosylated End products), the male gender, smoking, Diabetes Mellitus (DM) and another as I do not remember for the moment.

This huge injection off FAT in the front of the Heart can be compared with the Oil injection under the piston by the 4-stroke gasoline engines. This oil injection lubricate the piston and the cylinder. This is what happen if the person eating to much Fat.

The characteristic lesion of the atherosclerosis is the Atheromatous plaque in the large arteries Tunica Intima ( the arteries has three layer, the inner layer Tunica Intima, In the middle is Tunica Media and the outer layer Tunica Adventitia).
A typical plaques contain a core of cholesterol and is surrounded by an area of fibrosis.
As the person with T2DM there is a great probability to get this problems.

As reader, think about the hypothetical experiment with the two pipe's and the 4-stroke gasoline engines. If some fill more oil in the engine , then the engine get problems as plaque off burned oil on the surface on many parts of the engine. Such is by the human's organism.

All this knowledge can be collected fro the internet by different pages,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chylomicron
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoracic_duct
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atherosclerosis

Wow.

So your pretty handy with a spanner too, then? :cool:

http://www.youngsgarage.uk.com/Oil and Engines 4.htm

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

It is quite possible to use a 60 derv 40 veg oil mix in the tank? Even a 50/50 mix in a hotter climate? Easing off the preportion in the cold...
That's with the SGL5 Mazda Bongo 2.5Litre Diesel engine. Which is not unlike the Ford Ranger's
Though you can smell like a chip van. Lol

Reactions: 2 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a 21 year old SGL5 Diesel engine in my jap import van.. It's never let me down. :D

I've got a 52 year old petrol, same applies.

But I would bet the 21 year old diesel stinks more, and you take longer to get the smell off your hands when you fill it up.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got a 52 year old petrol, same applies.

But I would bet the 21 year old diesel stinks more, and you take longer to get the smell off your hands when you fill it up.

I'm not sure what part of Eroupe you live in. But since "Brexit", every garage now has a lad in dungarees, with a cheery smile that will "fill her up" & clean the windscreen....

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Margaritas ante porcos = watch out for that pizza effect. It can play havoc with your blood sugar levels :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.