Not open for further replies.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Thank you for your recommendation, but I already use Low-Carb diet ( from 50g to 130g/day)

All the carby foods you eat (oatmeal, pasta, bread, potatoes, pancakes, jam, and fruit) add up to 130 g of cabs or less a day? That is very hard to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All the carby foods you eat (oatmeal, pasta, bread, potatoes, pancakes, jam, and fruit) add up to 130 g of cabs or less a day? That is very hard to believe.

I eat rice, but not every day. That I consume a particular food does equal higher carb.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This program is exactly what you demand about the proof for truth. The Popular science.
I do not know who can give you convincing factum.
Personally I prefer the relevant books and not the internet or the televisions programs.
My opinion is the program has been convincingly for me, because it has been very close to the
theories from the medical books.
No it is not sufficient proof at all. I have already posted why I think it is grossly flawed and biassed.

Apart from that I usually tryto use properly archived and peer reviewed RCT trials and meta studies after 2006. In days before 2006, the universities, drug companies and the NHS used the PETO method of statistical analysis. This was found to be open to bias and was also easily massaged to give the answers being requested by the bill payer through the use of hidden weightings that did not (and were not) declared, The raw data was always suppessed so it was impossible to detect this subterfuge. I was lucky to get a copy of some raw data and discovered for myself that the conclusions reported in the abstract of an RCT trial had no relation to the data I was looking at. Since then many others have discovered this to be true,

In 2006 the use of this statistical method was banned and new cross checks introduced to prevent it happening again. Modern study reports (post 2006) are therefore more believable than the older reports.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I eat rice, but not every day. That I consume a particular food does equal higher carb.
Yes, but I'm sure you also eat more than 100 g of meat, 2 eggs and some soup with your carbs.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Although T1 the only time in 40 years that I on advice from other people added bread and pasta and rice in to my diet it crucified me...
Sometimes when I sit down and think of my stomach probs that statted at lesst in 2011 I do wonder whether these caused / contributed to my stomach problems....

I like another person cannot see how your diet adds up to 50-130gm a day....

I had to have gluten recently and bread for more investigations. I actually weighed the rolls I bought that stated they were 65g on the pack each in weight. They were actually 88g in weight.. If you are having fruit.. Are you weighing it to get exact carbs? Do you weigh your jam etc?
Yes, I am being picky here because even my salads when I could eat them had 25g of carb in them.. Just with the salad...

Not all of us are high fat either and loading lard on everything. Some like me added avocado, olivds and olive pil dressing in...the way you described the pipe scenario made out as if we all overload with fats....

Although T1 and have a slightly different aspect of diabetes I also disagree with your statement of T2 being progressive... Why?? I was (and many T1's) told that we would get complications.. Not so for many of us.... We have to wait til 50 years with diabetes now to buy our medals.. It used yo be 25 years... Ithere are ways to stop progression of diabetes giving complications... You are to me just accepting medication and really closing your mind to any changes in thinking that are slowly occurring and just loafing the Pharma's pockets...

Reactions: 6 people

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

The answer on your question is:
Latin "Ne quid nimis" On the Delphi temple. On English " All with the best account " ( Sorry, I am not an expert for English aphorism's)

(I prefer to use Latin because I do not like to favours a particular language. The Latin language is a death language and is not a national language, with exception off Vatican state and there employers, who sing on the Latin.)

I do not eat all this nutrients on every meal.
I design my meal's accordingly to the BMR theory (Basal Metabolic Rate theory).
To be in a right metabolic balance I must balance the intake amounts of Carbs, Lipids and the physical activities.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Latin "Ne quid nimis" On the Delphi temple. On English " All with the best account " ( Sorry, I am not an expert for English aphorism's)

(I prefer to use Latin because I do not like to favours a particular language. The Latin language is a death language and is not a national language, with exception off Vatican state and there employers, who sing on the Latin.)

To be in a right metabolic balance I must balance the intake amounts of Carbs, Lipids and the physical activities.

You use Latin well..

Do you use a meter regarding the understanding of day to day trends on BS, caused by what you eat?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

"Ne quid nimis" = nothing in excess
Apparently attributed to the playright Horace.

And latin is easier to write on a computer than greek or ancient coptic. It also used to be the prime langusge used in England up to the Middle Ages. It remained the language of choice for medical and scientific and ecclesiastical documentation until recently.

I habn't realized that you were following the Dr OZ diet. For those not familiar with this diet, here is a link
http://www.doctoroz.com/article/7-day-miracle-plan-boost-your-metabolism
Actually, if you google metabolic rate diets, you get a load of **** diets like the above, so I don't think this is what Luna means. I suspect she is just using BMR to do calorie limiting. However, I cannot find anything that says carbs and fat and protein MUST be balanced, or any diet that mandates it either. I suspect that this aspect has come from the textbooks, but is not mandated elsewhere. Most of these diets that google finds seem to be just weight loss short term diets, probably not what Luna is following. However the meal plan she posted does seem to be very similar to the Prevention Cure diet from Prevention,com

This is what the other site (diabetes uk) thinks on Low carb diets: This is their latest Mission Statement
https://www.diabetes.org.uk/About_u...tion-of-carbohydrate-in-people-with-diabetes/

AHA Finally found a diet plan that balances the food intake based on 'scientific principles' according to your own BMR
http://www.metabolic-balance.com/us/the-program.aspx

Wealth warning applies. This diet also claims to allow diabetics to reduce or stop medications; Read with a pinch of salt, please.

Reactions: 4 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stultus factus est sermo vorsprung durch technik ad nauseum.
Isn't Vorsprung durch the EU national (?) anthem aka Ode to Joy? as filched by Audi for their adverts?

Edit to add: The first lines go
Vorsprung durch teknik, Mein Gott
Audi geht put-put, England geht phut-phut

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't drive should I up my. carbs ?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't drive should I up my. carbs ?
Mine is fuel injection so it has no carb. Anyway you can own a car and not be a driver - I got several still in their boxes, but I can;t drive any of them (they are way too small and dinky)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is an interesting study to add to the debate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realise it was a debate Tim

I thought it was one person claiming one thing, with absolutely no intention of accepting any different opinions, and a lot of other people with a different point of view wasting their time trying to converse with a brick wall

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

And latin is easier to write on a computer than greek or ancient coptic. It also used to be the prime langusge used in England up to the Middle Ages. It remained the language of choice for medical and scientific and ecclesiastical documentation until recently.

I habn't realized that you were following the Dr OZ diet. For those not familiar with this diet, here is a link
Actually, if you google metabolic rate diets, you get a load of **** diets like the above, so I don't think this is what Luna means. I suspect she is just using BMR to do calorie limiting. However, I cannot find anything that says carbs and fat and protein MUST be balanced, or any diet that mandates it either. I suspect that this aspect has come from the textbooks, but is not mandated elsewhere. Most of these diets that google finds seem to be just weight loss short term diets, probably not what Luna is following. However the meal plan she posted does seem to be very similar to the Prevention Cure diet from Prevention,com

This is what the other site (diabetes uk) thinks on Low carb diets: This is their latest Mission Statement
https://www.diabetes.org.uk/About_u...tion-of-carbohydrate-in-people-with-diabetes/

AHA Finally found a diet plan that balances the food intake based on 'scientific principles' according to your own BMR

Wealth warning applies. This diet also claims to allow diabetics to reduce or stop medications; Read with a pinch of salt, please.
Sounds like the books the trainee dieticians read.

Reactions: 2 people

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

My diet is not from this diets guru's. My diet is a common sense on my own.
I have done it for many yeas ago without to know about Atkins or all off this diet guru's.
Can you describe the path way of the fat from the mouth into the fat tissues? You can do it on simple way but it must be illustrative and objective. After that I can tell you an hypothetic analogy between the human body and the 4-stroke gasoline engines.

@Jaylee ask me about the glucometer. Yes I have and I measure my BG every day about 10 times/ day.
My GM is Accu-Chek-mobile.
About the DM management, the moderator Catherine has a link to the internet side where all can read about haw to handle the DM and not to be fanatic about that

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Status
Not open for further replies.