Type 2 Life

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I made a point on posting on both and it is confusing some times. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm delighted for @Cumberland .
I'm still not satisfied with being accuse of bad eating and exercise habitual offender as to why I have type 2.
I cannot get to the bottom of my diabetes developing at the age of 6. I know not type 1. But I know not through bad eating or lack of exercise. In fact I was an extremely strong child. I contended in the shot put for my school competitions and adored rounders. Late used the local gyms and jogged with my exfootballer husband everyday.
No my type is type 2 due to insulin resistance but I'd argue down anyone who accuses me of lazy and junk food eater.
I visited a mcdonalds in june to find they no longer do big breakfast or most of the items I associate with mcdonalds treats.
I wouldnt know where my nearest kfc is nor any other junk food restaurants.
Carbs are to blame not me.

Reactions: 5 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, FBG 6.2 mmol/l. Not the best of kips last night, I might go back for a nap if I can. :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I am back at the library this morning, 16/07/16 at 9:14 ante meridian and I am happy to tell you all, my good, loyal friends, that I had a normal b.g. this morning of 6.4. I believe I had just felt poorly with anxiety symptoms pertaining to my Asperger syndrome. I took all my prescribed medication for the morning this morning and had a sweet breakfast of crunchy-nut cornflakes made by Kellogg's with semi-skimmed milk. my b.g. 1 hour afterwards was 11.1 but I feel that wasn't an accurate reading because I didn't wait the whole 2 hours like some of the lovely people on this forum advised me to do.

Today I feel some abdominal bloating, shaky, anxious, and slightly warm and sometimes nauseous. I've had a few cups of coffee with sugar and both suctrose and caffeine could be detrimental for insulin-resistant diabetes like I have.

I feel much better today, however, after a lovely, replenishing, somewhat dreamless night's sleep.

The weather in South London isn't terribly sunny but it's lovely and warm but with a lovely cool breeze to chill the air and encourage good air quality, with the exception of mass pollution ensued by conservation.

A very good morning to you, my lovely friends, and please enjoy your weekends immensely.

Reactions: 3 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I'm delighted for @Cumberland .
I'm still not satisfied with being accuse of bad eating and exercise habitual offender as to why I have type 2.
I cannot get to the bottom of my diabetes developing at the age of 6. I know not type 1. But I know not through bad eating or lack of exercise. In fact I was an extremely strong child. I contended in the shot put for my school competitions and adored rounders. Late used the local gyms and jogged with my exfootballer husband everyday.
No my type is type 2 due to insulin resistance but I'd argue down anyone who accuses me of lazy and junk food eater.
I visited a mcdonalds in june to find they no longer do big breakfast or most of the items I associate with mcdonalds treats.
I wouldnt know where my nearest kfc is nor any other junk food restaurants.
Carbs are to blame not me.

Thank you Vicky

Nobody should blame you for being diabetic they are bang out of order for doing so x

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You too @autisticwonder1970 .
Sugar in any form isn't healthy for us diabetics. Try and keep it out of your diet. I love anything nutty so I can see your love for nut-cornflakes. I'd eat the whole packet so I don't buy them. Yummy!

Reactions: 2 people

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope everyone's having a good day!

I started wonderfully well, with a 6.5, (been 7s and 8s mostly for FBGs, but they are still my highest usually) after a month of testing timings for metformin, had a lovely lazy start to a long weekend, (Monday is a TOIL day) then set about some housework - hoovering, floor mopping, tidying - after a late breakfast.

When came the delightful moment when I had just mopped all the washable floors, put almost all the towels and most of the cleaning cloths into a long wash cycle THEN tipped a can of Pepsi Max all over a sitting room occasional table in the furthest corner from the remaining available cloths and kitchen roll.

Try again on the quiet sit-down front.. I'll add the rest of the cloths to a re-do of the laundry load in about half an hour but maybe just one of the quick wash cycles.

I may well be around here a bit more, only two more days of work before I'm off until the end of August! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A few are off form. Me included.
Some times it's good to forget about diabetes. Otherwise it takes over your life. Too extreme. Life is for living.
I need to get out more.
Although tired today. Preparing for a low carb diet again. Last time. If after 8 weeks no weight loss it will be off the agenda. Permanently!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I do wonder where all of our formerly regular posters have gone Vicki @doolallylady @mo53 @Diamum5972 , and many others have all stopped or infrequently post, myself included. I don't think that we can all feel a bit off form?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Some of my posts have 'disappeared' and I don't know why

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am about to commence a new insulin called Toujeo and I asked a question twice now on the ask a question thread as the original post vanished

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I do wonder where all of our formerly regular posters have gone Vicki @doolallylady @mo53 @Diamum5972 , and many others have all stopped or infrequently post, myself included. I don't think that we can all feel a bit off form?
For me it's a combination of circumstances - I find that when I'm online too much it can give me headaches so when I'm on DCUK I tend to stick to a limited number of threads. I'm also trying to get out and about more while it's still summer (ha!) so I'm out of the house a lot during the day, and in the evening I'm too tired!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
A few are off form. Me included.
Some times it's good to forget about diabetes. Otherwise it takes over your life. Too extreme. Life is for living.
I need to get out more.
Although tired today. Preparing for a low carb diet again. Last time. If after 8 weeks no weight loss it will be off the agenda. Permanently!

I find that a 3 egg cheese omelette makes a great lunch and gives me a big proportion of that days healthy fats,- I fry in butter too. Good luck Vicki with your 8 week experiment

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@debrasue too.
I think your right either on another thread or on pms.
Ive been pming lately about my hubby as too personal for here.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning all. Hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks that's me at Mablethorpe about three weeks ago it was raining on the way there then the sun came out and then it was raining on the way back.so we lucked in weather wise that day.