What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do tell....
I'm kind of testing coffee too. Seems it may effect me in the morning but not in the afternoon. I can't do chicory. Nothing fermented. Dang intolerances.

I have recently discovered the effect it has on my BP. not good. actually pushes me up from 'normal' to 'hypertensive' and takes about 3 days to fully subside again after. Even decaff. I seem to be blessed with an intolerance.
:bigtears:

I love coffee. But hey, roast chicory is bearable. :meh: Better than a stroke, at least.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
B: my usual 10g Good Green Stuff, 25g, clean Lean Protein, 1 tablesp chia, 1 tablesp flax, 800 ml water and 200 ml Vit C.

L: nuts & cheese

D: low Carb BBQ, strawbs & cream, red wine:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have recently discovered the effect it has on my BP. not good. actually pushes me up from 'normal' to 'hypertensive' and takes about 3 days to fully subside again after. Even decaff. I seem to be blessed with an intolerance.
:bigtears:

I love coffee. But hey, roast chicory is bearable. :meh: Better than a stroke, at least.
Yup on the BP. I was trying to ignore that. Perhaps it's time to let it go before the cold weather comes I really love iced coffee in this heat though. Boo

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure coffee is no good for me either but it's the one thing I'm not prepared to sacrifice at this stage....!!

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure coffee is no good for me either but it's the one thing I'm not prepared to sacrifice at this stage....!!

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF
I feel your pain and in the same position not wanting to give it up. That being said I KNOW it's bad for me. I feel some weird thing after two sips. I'm pretty sure it's raising bs and can't argue BP either. I'm sure I'm only hurting myself. Perhaps I'll have it only when I crave it and not simply out of habit. At least then I'll be cutting down.
It's weird it seems to have much less effect on everything if I have it in the afternoon.

It also makes me sleepy rather than give me a kick. So why do I drink it? Lol

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
image.jpeg

B scrambled egg w butter
L cottage cheese with lettuce wraps
D spinach and feta pie with salad (small amount of filo)

Snack coconut macaroon as above yum!

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cup of tea
L: Porridge with straw- blue and rasp- berries, some linseed mix and a few chopped nuts. Coffee.
D: Slice of melon; 2 slices prosciutto; haddock fillet fried in butter and olive oil; salad; apple
S: Greek yoghurt with nuts, berries and some dessicated coconut.

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
Raining ️ and miserable here in paradise had scrambled egg, had the "low blue depressed" feeling of having it now for weeks for blast, so didn't finish my meal. Sulking for hours for nothing. Mood swings like crazy now sitting in front my computer eating frozen chocolate yoghurt sweetened with Stevia. Feeling good

D

debrasue

Raining ️ and miserable here in paradise had scrambled egg, had the "low blue depressed" feeling of having it now for weeks for blast, so didn't finish my meal. Sulking for hours for nothing. Mood swings like crazy now sitting in front my computer eating frozen chocolate yoghurt sweetened with Stevia. Feeling good

Ahh, chocolate icecream (or yoghurt) - lifting depression the world over! :)
How about trying these for breakfast - they're yummy:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/easy-breakfast-muffins.103303/
Or maybe a frittata - you could put whatever you liked in there. I like chunks of lightly sauteed courgette and mushrooms, bacon, onions and cheese. Sets you up for the day, and although it's bacon and eggs, it makes a change from bacon and eggs!
I can identify with the sulking - I do it too if I think I'm "suffering" over my meals, so I try and make sure I eat stuff I can really enjoy, even if it means having raspberries and cream for breakfast. Or even a steak if I wanted one. Depression is the enemy - it leads me to eat bad things and then I feel even more depressed.

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Or maybe a frittata - you could put whatever you liked in there. I like chunks of lightly sauteed courgette and mushrooms, bacon, onions and cheese. Sets you up for the day, and although it's bacon and eggs, it makes a change from bacon and eggs!
I can identify with the sulking - I do it too if I think I'm "suffering" over my meals, so I try and make sure I eat stuff I can really enjoy, even if it means having raspberries and cream for breakfast. Or even a steak if I wanted one. Depression is the enemy - it leads me to eat bad things and then I feel even more depressed.

Wow Deb, the muffin looks friggin mouthwatering.
Saving the recipe for tomorrow morning. Hooray!
Thank you :dummy1::):):)

Reactions: 2 people

hornplayer

Has anyone seen the advert for this years Paralympics? It's brilliant! Given me loads of ideas! I teach in a school where there's a little one who is desperate to play something - anything- talking music, not sport, but his arms end above the elbow. There'll something for him next term.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Jasperville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yesterday................

B: half a lidl protein roll with butter and diabetic marmalade, coffee with double cream ++
+ my usual morning supplements.....resistant potato starch, FOS, biolive mega-probiotic, magnesium, ivy gourd, alpha-lipoic acid, fenugreek, pterocarpus marsupium, CLO, methyl B6, coenzyme Q 10

L: nuts, cheese, cold meat

D: my usual evening supplements.......starch again, FOS again, biolive again, bitter melon, gymnema sylvestre, berberine, alphal-lipoic acid, one or two others
M and S chicken in bacon, mushroom and white wine sauce with box of mccain microchips, loads of vinegar

snacks, more nuts, bombay mix, a fab ice lolly (couldn't resist)

Always aim for <50 grams of carbs, usually ends up between 60 and 80.

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Okay, this is what I am having this:

2d868690e9e6fc56a6a2699fde26f77b.jpg

Debrasue, hope you'll like it (as much as I am enjoying it)
No more sulking this morning :)
I do not have soy flour, so put almond's instead.
Wonderful breakfast muffin, some vegs and a cuppa fresh mint ginger tea!!!

XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: avocado, salt beef and cream cheese - fridge was empty but a nice combo
L: Coyo
D: prawn Malai and some rice at favourite Indian.
S: red wine and peanuts at the cinema

Pleased to see the curry had no effect on my FBG. Would usually have a big Thali there so chose sensibly and just had curry, but did have around 6 spoons of rice. Makes me happy to know I can still eat Indian food :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also discovered that KP peanuts only have 1.5 (ish) g carbs per 30g. So weighed out 90g for my cinema snacks. All a bit anal (and I did want the popcorn and Maltesers!) but happier to have stable BG level.

Looked around at 'fancy nuts' but KP Original seem to work for me the best

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yup on the BP. I was trying to ignore that. Perhaps it's time to let it go before the cold weather comes I really love iced coffee in this heat though. Boo

Interesting, has no effect on me whatsoever other than stop my morning BG in its tracks, but I think, that's the double cream I take with it:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Also discovered that KP peanuts only have 1.5 (ish) g carbs per 30g. So weighed out 90g for my cinema snacks. All a bit anal (and I did want the popcorn and Maltesers!) but happier to have stable BG level.

Looked around at 'fancy nuts' but KP Original seem to work for me the best

Great tip:) I usually have the Tesco mix of brasil, walnuts, hazel and almonds @ 5g per 100g, but your version is about the same and I love peanuts.....first you introduced me to OPPO and now my namesake nuts KP:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
10g Good Green Stuff, 25g Good Clean Protein, 1 x tablesp chia milled, 1 x tablesp flax milled, vit C and 800 ml water + strong black coffee with double cream:)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great tip:) I usually have the Tesco mix of brasil, walnuts, hazel and almonds @ 5g per 100g, but your version is about the same and I love peanuts.....first you introduced me to OPPO and now my namesake nuts KP:)

That Tesco mix sounds good though too. Our cinema has a lovely black pepper cashew mix which I recently hoovered down during a movie - BG sky high! So now weigh our my nuts and take them with me :))

Also really pleased to enjoy an Indian meal and not have a carb hangover. All about moderation!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That Tesco mix sounds good though too. Our cinema has a lovely black pepper cashew mix which I recently hoovered down during a movie - BG sky high! So now weigh our my nuts and take them with me :))

Also really pleased to enjoy an Indian meal and not have a carb hangover. All about moderation!

Brilliant the prob was the cashews - full of carbs:)