BMI chart

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
:)
Forums are free flow things. I'm afraid we don't get to dictate the content of people's responses.

This is a much more recent pic of Brownell. I wonder if he eats the way he tells us to?

(edited about 50x cos apparently, I can't type ;) )
Well excuse me! We seem to have hit an emotional hot spot for you. By all means let it out.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
:)I have reached my goal of 28 on the BMI chart. I find setting goals in BMI numbers motivates me to get healthier much more than weight goals. My weight has allows fluctuated a little daily and this gives me a range to aim to stay within. I think I feel like I need to work to the lower end of 28 BMI now. Have started walking daily at least 10 minutes after lunch-this is usually my heaviest meal currently and this is a convenient time for me with my care responsibilities.

Last edited:

Dsr25

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
38.... too high, not diabetic but aware I need to lose weight... undiagnosed celiac, and a dairy allergy, makes it harder...

Reactions: Prem51

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had a fitness check today and they used this scale that runs an electric current through your toes to access %body fat. I had never seen that before but have had the assessment done where they dunk you in water and somehow measure your body fat that way. I got very similar results from both although they were taken 12 years apart. To cut the story short I am over fat by that measure also and the fitness assessor doesn't like BMI either.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The British are often so polite instead of "Overweight" British BMI chart says "Above Ideal Range" for BMI 28-where I am at today.

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

The British are often so polite instead of "Overweight" British BMI chart says "Above Ideal Range" for BMI 28-where I am at today.
There used to be very obese male of around 55 years old here where we live, he was commonly called Lardarse Gazza.

His bmi would have been up in the 60's. The paramedics had trouble lifting him up on to their trolley, then push him out the front to get him into the ambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There used to be very obese male of around 55 years old here where we live, he was commonly called Lardarse Gazza.

His bmi would have been up in the 60's. The paramedics had trouble lifting him up on to their trolley, then push him out the front to get him into the ambulance.
I had to sound the name out to myself before I got it. Thanks-I needed a chuckle before bed.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Some one earlier in the thread asked why I have decided I need to lose weight. The answer is: After years of everyone in my life telling me I needed to and myself fighting back by staying at the weight I have had for about 15 years-no one is pushing me to lose weight now. I have a the breathing room to decide how big I want my body to be and I would like it a little smaller. After making that tentative decision I started looking at measures of obesity and found that I was at the cusp of obese and aging into it. I am choosing to become a smaller senior citizen than I am headed toward right now.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Remember the old Oz comedy series Bargearse? The writers would never get away with anything that un-PC these days :D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used the Smart BMI calculator and checked the box for low carb diet.

OO I love that.. just did mine too and got

"Your weight target is fine but rather ambitious. Instead of reaching it all at once, you could try first to lose 13 pounds down to 15 stones and 1 pound as an intermediate target."

Shame it doesn't ask you what your starting weight was at the start of your diet.. I think my 23 Stone answer may have blown its tiny processors...

Also got the same **** about Low Carb tricking the body into storing fat.. what a load of cobblers! How does it think I get the energy to get up every morning...

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My BMI is 20.4 which is well in the green zone. I'm very happy with my current weight and feel better than I have for years. As a comparison, when I was diagnosed 2 years ago, my BMI was 38 (my avatar shows before and after)

Reactions: SWUSA_
D

Deleted member 308541

Remember the old Oz comedy series Bargearse? The writers would never get away with anything that un-PC these days :D

Yes I vaguely remember that show, I missed a lot because of shift work though.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hadn't heard of Smart BMI before I read the recent posts above, but I just found it and put in all the info they asked for, so as to be given the comments.

Had put that I'm low-carbing. This is what it said in that section of the comments:

Your low-carb diet
If you are currently dieting: With this diet you can achieve a fast weight loss by tricking your body. In the long run this may be unhealthy, as your body will try hard to compensate for the carbohydrate shortage by storing more fat. This will most likely result in a yo-yo effect. If you want to stop dieting, do it step by step

I'm not low-carbing as a 'diet' in the sense that I think they mean it, although I'm wondering what they mean about the yo-yo and compensatory fat storage....

:wideyed:

Just had an interesting e-mail exchange with the guy who set up the site..I told him I thought his view on LCHF was too negative and have asked him to review some of the evidence that he has based his assumptions on Low Carb about. He sounded quite open minded.. fingers crossed.