Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 7.3 . Breathing is bad in rest again must be that as had a boiled egg for liver dump.

Reactions: Tim55

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
16/12 - Morning.

12.3 - (On Morphine - again!).

Reactions: Tim55

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent liver block @CherryAA . I'm the same.
I've relaxed my block so my hba1c will show higher but at least I know how to block it and if I'm in dire straights I can rely on it to lower my averages, oh and fbg. Having relaxation til after xmas then I'm up for the fight again.

Thanks ickihun - I am learning.... slowly

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.3. Wondering if getting up in the dark means more glucose is needed to get me going in the mornings...
I never thought of that but most likely. Shame we cannot measure it. I'd love a liver dump monitor and a insulin resistance one. One day, maybe?

Reactions: Freema

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
I never thought of that but most likely. Shame we cannot measure it. I'd love a liver dump monitor and a insulin resistance one. One day, maybe?
Me too. I was scoring mid-5s fasting level most days until it started getting dark in the mornings. My afternoon and early evening readings are pretty much the same as before - 4s and 5s.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Me too. I was scoring mid-5s fasting level most days until it started getting dark in the mornings. My afternoon and early evening readings are pretty much the same as before - 4s and 5s.
Test before you rise? In bed. Then once up and used bathroom. Mine can be 2mmol/l more.

Reactions: Freema
D

debrasue

Hi Cherry AA.
Take my FBG after getting up, shower etc.
Tried the few nuts during the evening trick and normally have eggs for breakfast.
This mornings FBG was 8.4. Hope it goes down after breakfast and some exercise.
Goodness knows why FBGs getting higher. I've been seeing monthly averages rise, too.
If trend continues might have to try Metformin but I've avoided any drugs up to now.
Must dash...taking wife shopping .
Most people take their FBG before getting up and showering, etc. Some do it immediately upon waking while they are still lying in bed. If your increased numbers are due to DP they will be continuing to rise while you're getting up and showering...

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Keesha,Will need to feed my Christmas cake with more brandy. It has been sitting in my pantry for a couple of months now. Everyone is welcomed to have a slice on Christmas Day.

Very very temping. I am back to 6 this morning after a few weeks. Pressing on to get to the 5's