Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. My fbs has improved slightly after vacation, which kind of surprises me. I thought it would be the other way round. I did not test while on vacation as I thought it would upset me if I know the results so had a three week test free vacation. I ate whatever I could get my hands on, and avoid white bread, rice, potatoes and anything sweet with sugar in it, as much as possible.
Wise move I did the same

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most people take their FBG before getting up and showering, etc. Some do it immediately upon waking while they are still lying in bed. If your increased numbers are due to DP they will be continuing to rise while you're getting up and showering...

using the Libre I can see that my overnight numbers are rock solid and low ( 4's and 5's) - whatever I went to bed at - assuming I last ate before about 8.00pm, it stays pretty much that way overnight, sometime around 8.00 is starts rising and continues to do so until around 12, coming back down around 2.0pm even if I am still fasting. . It seems I can then shorten the morning rise by a proper breakfast as soon as I get up which also gets me to a much lower level by midday.

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51

ukuleleplayer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cold, wet weather.
Understood DP occurs about 4 to 5 a.m. Also thought it best to wash hands before tests. While I'm washing my hands might as well carry on with the rest.....
Readings tend to return to mid to upper 6s, sometimes low 7s, later in day.

Thanks for input. Always interesting to hear how (& why) others do things.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.9 @ 07:40. Pleased with this, as I survived a 7 course Xmas meal with a customer.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51