Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.3 at 0640 today.
I had fish and chips and a mince pie last night. Instead of frozen oven chips I cut up a potato, parboiled the chips for 5 minutes. Cooled them in fridge, then oven baked them. That might have reduced the carbs. They were nice and I'll do that again. :)

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning! 5.3 at 0640 today.
I had fish and chips and a mince pie last night. Instead of frozen oven chips I cut up a potato, parboiled the chips for 5 minutes. Cooled them in fridge, then oven baked them. That might have reduced the carbs. They were nice and I'll do that again. .
I can eat reheated potato without a spike @Prem51 .I'm so more relaxed about my spikes too.

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Haven't tested yet but about to get up. It may be high as toddler has been up throughout the night. He's so sensitive, he knows I'm worried about tomorrows scan. Even though I'm trying to hide it from the 9yr old.

Wow. Fbg 5.0. Now that is a surprise. Maybe I need to do my night job again on top of looking after a 2yr old all day like 7yrs ago?
First time I'm gobsmacked. lol
Painkillers and rest must be helping me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JanetMcDowell

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Understood DP occurs about 4 to 5 a.m. Also thought it best to wash hands before tests. While I'm washing my hands might as well carry on with the rest.....
Readings tend to return to mid to upper 6s, sometimes low 7s, later in day.

Thanks for input. Always interesting to hear how (& why) others do things.

My own DP starts around 8.00 am and lasts till 12.0, but then for years I worked for an American firm and started work quite late 10-11 but finished late too - perhaps shifted my body clock a bit as a result ?

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Haven't tested yet but about to get up. It may be high as toddler has been up throughout the night. He's so sensitive, he knows I'm worried about tomorrows scan. Even though I'm trying to hide it from the 9yr old.

Wow. Fbg 5.0. Now that is a surprise. Maybe I need to do my night job again on top of looking after a 2yr old all day like 7yrs ago?
First time I'm gobsmacked. lol
Painkillers and rest must be helping me out.

Delighted for you ickihun. Wishing you all the very best for a good result. Whatever it is, we are here for you, so keep your chin up.