Nervous about pump... advice?

Eireannn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, yuck
@Eireannn unfortunately unlike yourself I do not have choice of which pump I get I'm getting the medetronic pump ( I think that's what it's called) but I'll let you know how it goes

Ah that sucks, if I didn't have a choice and had to use one of those tubey pumps, I would definitely stick to injections. I just don't like the thought of something connected to me as I worry I'd get tangled in it and stuff lol. Good luck with your new pump :)

-beckyb93-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @WhiteleyGirl no i have the one touch ultra easy but i shall ask my DSN about it.
Looks like I'll br having a play with one on 2nd feb and starting on the pump on the 9th feb.
Consultants fault for the delay. Nevermind though.
Im really excited. But also quite nervous now.
Got my first training session on the 31st this month xx

Reactions: Juicyj

WhiteleyGirl

You'll be fine I was nervous and now I love it and Ihave pump workshops coming up as well. Its really easy to change cannular and stuff. Good luck with everything x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah that sucks, if I didn't have a choice and had to use one of those tubey pumps, I would definitely stick to injections. I just don't like the thought of something connected to me as I worry I'd get tangled in it and stuff lol. Good luck with your new pump :)

The tubing isn't a problem :) I'm extremely clumsy and have young children, so would definitely be a candidate for tubing tangles : D But I've had none. The tubing is available in various lengths, tucks away out of sight, and means you can position your pump where you like, according to what you're wearing :)

Reactions: Eireannn

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Actually @Eireannn I have the tubey pump it can be quite uncomfortable when getting changed but otherwise I love it and I never really get tangled and it's quite comfortable to wear and I save so much time!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Aww sorry @-beckyb93- sorry about that I actually have my pump now yay! I hope you get your soon it has made my life so much better and a lot easier!
Really pleased for you Lucy, wasn't as scary as you thought was it? :p:happy:

monski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Actually @Eireannn I have the tubey pump it can be quite uncomfortable when getting changed but otherwise I love it and I never really get tangled and it's quite comfortable to wear and I save so much time!
Why don't you disconnect while getting changed,then just reach through and connect up again?

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What pump have you got?
I've got the minimed 640g :)
4b52cb9a7c9f6b64daba509fc39a2df1.jpg

Reactions: -beckyb93-

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Same here, great pump, has transformed my control since November
ffcd70ebbb8aa307bf403542d92eadc8.jpg

Reactions: robert72

groucho74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It was really good. Had a laugh too which was a bonus. I'm inputting my bg into pump and getting into the routine even though I'm still injecting :). If I can get into the routine now there's no stopping me lol.

Can't wait to start using insulin
was it the Medtronic rep from the North-East? (I'm terrible with names!)

groucho74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hmmmmmmmm not sure lolol. She had short brunette hair and used to be a dsn lol.
lol, that wasn't her.
it's just the case of playing round with it for the next week and you'll be an expert by Monday wheen you go live!
Get registered on the Medtronic eshop for your supplys as well - a box of 10 sets and reservoirs only last about a month so get some supplies ordered.

Have fun

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
lol, that wasn't her.
it's just the case of playing round with it for the next week and you'll be an expert by Monday wheen you go live!
Get registered on the Medtronic eshop for your supplys as well - a box of 10 sets and reservoirs only last about a month so get some supplies ordered.

Have fun
Lol. I'm going to lol. I've registered I think lol so going to get some bits sorted ready :)