People wont listen - rant

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have my dog shown here .. Its a question of balance .. no-one will be hounding me down for being diabetic .. also no one will be robbing me in the night as I don't own anything worth stealing .. If I get any spam type mail I just set my wife onto it ... then its all sorted out.

Hi Zand no I hadn't realised all we put on here is posted on Facebook I'm of a generation not at all computer literate in every way just the basics,I struggle to find my way around this site I use this site because I can get help with diabetes from what I thought was only for diabetics not to put it out to all and sundry.So I thank you for spelling it out for me and I will try to watch out in future,and I apologise to Brunneria for the misunderstanding.It puts this site in a new light and I feel a little stressed on the other hand what have I done that's so wrong what a terrible world out there that you have to be so careful about what you say or write,when really we are only looking for help.But thank you.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Had a pretty bad nights sleep and thought about if I should delete everything and not bother,but common sense and not panicking prevailed,I've gained so much from this site and all of you on the forum are so helpful. If I stop now I'll undo what I set out to achieve something I've never had Control of My Diabetes!!! So I will try and understand what I should not post and I will speak with my grandchildren they are more computer wise than ever I'll ever be.Thank for being so understanding and patient with this Golden Oldie.

Don't delete everything, we are all here to help you :) :) At the beginning of trying to tame my diabeties I found the success stories of other users to be encouraging and motivating: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-success-stories.

For a quiet read and for food ideas I really enjoyed looking at the big recipe thread in the Low Carb forum - http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-recipes.4871/

As for your user picture, you could always use something that represents your user name - like the Silkie chickens in my picture represent my user name. Or - possibly - a cartoon of a Granny Grump (Google has lots of images if you search for images of Granny Grump).

I know its all overwhelming - the big thing is not to panic - maybe set yourself out a list of things you would like to do or change, then number them, then only do or change one thing at a time. x

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Zand no I hadn't realised all we put on here is posted on Facebook I'm of a generation not at all computer literate in every way just the basics,I struggle to find my way around this site I use this site because I can get help with diabetes from what I thought was only for diabetics not to put it out to all and sundry.So I thank you for spelling it out for me and I will try to watch out in future,and I apologise to Brunneria for the misunderstanding.It puts this site in a new light and I feel a little stressed on the other hand what have I done that's so wrong what a terrible world out there that you have to be so careful about what you say or write,when really we are only looking for help.But thank you.

It's not all posted on facebook, and no other information other than what you post here goes on there as it is.
And if anyone really cared, they can simply read this site anyway.
But the general rule for the internet, is if you post it, anyone can, eventually read it.
Some things take a bit longer to find, some you have to look for, and sometimes you have to be interesting enough for the above to happen.
None of us are that interesting.

But only post what information you want everyone to know, no matter were you post it.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thank you what fantastic people there are much appreciated.

Reactions: zand

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Chook I will try but I'm at a loss doing anything to do with uploading if I manage to do it it's a flook and I wouldn't recall what I did,but I will persevere,new morning and I feel loads better and people on here have been so kind and understanding.So I will not get stressed and I will conquer this diabetes this site and people have given me the controlling hand over this for the first time and I am determined to beat it.Thanks to you all on forum your a lifeline to all who need you.xx

Reactions: Prem51

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Chook I will try but I'm at a loss doing anything to do with uploading if I manage to do it it's a flook and I wouldn't recall what I did,but I will persevere,new morning and I feel loads better and people on here have been so kind and understanding.So I will not get stressed and I will conquer this diabetes this site and people have given me the controlling hand over this for the first time and I am determined to beat it.Thanks to you all on forum your a lifeline to all who need you.xx

Granny - Removing your profile picture is really quite simple. Try following these steps:

At the top of your screen, you will see your name.
Click on your name and a drop-down menu appears. Click on Personal Details
On your Personal Details page, you will see your profile pic (called an Avatar)
Click on that image
A little window appears, where you have the option to change your photo, and choose another, or underneath that a little check box, which says "Delete Current Avatar"
Click that little box, the Okay
Pic gone!

It's then up to you if you want to load another file/pic.

Give it a whirl if you want to remove your dogs.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_
I am a granny too and very wary about t,internet ! I didn't put an avatar on here for ages I just didn't think that I would be able to do it but then I thought I would have a go No one could identify me from my lion even though I am no pussycat !
CAROL

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carty I told you I'm thick when it comes to doing these things found my picture at top of this page but cannot find my personal details to do rest of instructions I've clicked everywhere nothing.The top of page your on about is it the one where I'm reading your message. And thanks for taking the time to help me,cannot say in words the appreciation and lovely messages from so many lovely people.If you where all here I'd give you a huge

Last edited:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Carty I told you I'm thick when it comes to doing these things found my picture at top of this page but cannot find my personal details to do rest of instructions I've clicked everywhere nothing.The top of page your on about is it the one where I'm reading your message. And thanks for taking the time to help me,cannot say in words the appreciation and lovely messages from so many lovely people.If you where all here I'd give you a huge

Can you see your name on the banner at the top?
Click on it
The first option, on the top left is 'Personal details'
Click on those words, and you'll see your picture
Click in the centre of the picture, then click the 'delete your avitar' check box
Then click ok.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Scrolled to top of this page no name

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I have followed up your tag @douglas99 as I was reading this thread , and our admin team will action
thanks for your assistance !!:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
its in the black or coloured border in the page heading .. there will be your little avatar pic and your user name .. if thats what your looking for !!
Is this your dog what a beautiful picture of I think a Saluki now I can tell you loads about dogs had them for nearly 40 years absolutely love them to bits!x

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My page was red so couldn't find my name at top of page but since somehow dropping on this page it's black and that's how I could follow the delete picture info. You sent cannot explain how it's gone from red to black?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My page was red so couldn't find my name at top of page but since somehow dropping on this page it's black and that's how I could follow the delete picture info. You sent cannot explain how it's gone from red to black?

@Granny_grump_ Have you managed to sort this now?

joanne75

Hi All

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the LCHF diet ive had a look on the internet and can just find what its about but not the actual diet
Thank you

Reactions: daisyduck

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you have to put yourself in the other person's shoes on this one.
We are talking about
  • Reversing diabetes
  • Losing weight without hunger
  • Most of the medical profession being wrong
  • The government being wrong
  • A bunch of people acting like a cult
No wonder a lot of people get a bit worried!
I was doing science with my 7 year old... the topic was food! It showed carbs as being healthier than meats. And fat was in the same category as sugar!

I went on a rant, I crossed things out saying this is wrong... I refuse to teach my child something that is wrong!
Carbs are sugars. It says carbs are important as it gives your body energy, well the protein does that job (being a no carber). I changed it all round writing notes... in the book.
It is really sad to see the kids being taught wrong and dangerous information and it being drilled into them from such a young age.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
I was doing science with my 7 year old... the topic was food! It showed carbs as being healthier than meats. And fat was in the same category as sugar!

I went on a rant, I crossed things out saying this is wrong... I refuse to teach my child something that is wrong!
Carbs are sugars. It says carbs are important as it gives your body energy, well the protein does that job (being a no carber). I changed it all round writing notes... in the book.
It is really sad to see the kids being taught wrong and dangerous information and it being drilled into them from such a young age.
Hi. It makes me angry too. Stupidity and stupid people are one of few things that irritate me. But my number one hate is snide people as you will see from my profile. There are some on here, just ignore them.