Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

songbiredsan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The Gym!!
I'm puzzled by my numbers! fasting this morning is 6.3 and has been about that for a couple of weeks. At 3.00 a.m. it was 5.6. During the rest of the day, too it's around 5.0 to 5.6 ... I don't understand why it's higher in the mornings. I know that 6.3 is in the "normal" range, but I'm curious as to why it's higher than at other times. Any suggestions from anybody?

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awake half the night with leg pains ... when I then work up at 1pm (!!!!) I was 7.0 :banghead:

Tuesday is cancelled ;)
That's not good honey. I like to hear your stories of fun and dietary misadventure leading to your higher readings. Not leg pain:meh: Hugs to you

Reactions: Liam1955

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Last edited:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm puzzled by my numbers! fasting this morning is 6.3 and has been about that for a couple of weeks. At 3.00 a.m. it was 5.6. During the rest of the day, too it's around 5.0 to 5.6 ... I don't understand why it's higher in the mornings. I know that 6.3 is in the "normal" range, but I'm curious as to why it's higher than at other times. Any suggestions from anybody?
To quote (ish) our clever @Liam1955 , this could be due to the Dawn Phenomenon, or Liver Dump. "Caused by the liver releasing stored glucose and dumping it into your blood stream to boost your energy levels. A lot of people get high fasting readings in the morning".

Reactions: Freema

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's not good honey. I like to hear your stories of fun and dietary misadventure leading to your higher readings. Not leg pain:meh: Hugs to you

Am better now. Part of side effect of losing leg when I was young and not knowing how to slow down :) live life to the full and all that! 50 lengths in the pool today, all good now :) thanks for your kind message!