Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm not sure what would qualify as a liver block. I ate 50g of a medium-soft cheese for dessert at 9pm, and went to bed at 10pm. I didn't test in the middle of the night, but when I have on previous occasions, my blood sugar is already too high at midnight-1am as well. Basically it seems to take forever to go down after dinner, and then starts going up at some point as well. I think I'll plan on waking up a few times tonight to see what's happening.
No dessert. Leave til just before bed, only nibble to con your liver.

songbiredsan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The Gym!!
Good morning @songbiredsan it has always puzzled me as well my friend I experiment every morning but cannot find the answer but I will,here is the question I did ask :)

ps It could be liver dump but my liver must be dumping every 5 minutes if it is:D

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/morning-fbg-mystery.116022/
I was wondering abut liver dump myself - I've read about it but don't really know what it is. I'll be seeing my doctor in the next week or so, so I'll ask about it then. Thanks for your suggestion.

songbiredsan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The Gym!!
Google 'dawn phenomenon'. Some use a liver block at supper but 5.6 to 6.3 isn't a huge dump, in fact could be just your meter variant.

Thanks for your help. I guess I'm being a bit of a drama queen complaining about these numbers, but I'm still learning! I'll get on to Google about Liver Dump and liver blocks ...

songbiredsan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The Gym!!
To quote (ish) our clever @Liam1955 , this could be due to the Dawn Phenomenon, or Liver Dump. "Caused by the liver releasing stored glucose and dumping it into your blood stream to boost your energy levels. A lot of people get high fasting readings in the morning".
Thanks Callyandy ... I'm still learning about this T2D thing that crept up on me a few months ago ... well more like it hit me over the head like a club! Dawn Phenomenon & Liver Dump are new to me so I'm going on Google to learn more. Thanks again

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 at 8:45 .........not at all cured yet..

had a guest yesterday and ate very much, and also too much carbs.. so ..NO excercise yesterday, 201 grams of carbs 85 grams of proteins and 2450 calories eaten... good that I am off to excercise
Good to exercise today, but also good to have fun yesterday!! Life is for living, you go girl!!:)

Reactions: Liam1955