HELP NEEDED Fitness Trackers / Smart Watch

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I can also recommend the Fitbit Charge 2, which I bought for my mother in law for Christmas A couple of weeks ago she did 100,000 steps in 5 days which beat many younger challengers. The only strange thing with this is that there is no shut down option. It does have a mindfulness application.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can also recommend the Fitbit Charge 2, which I bought for my mother in law for Christmas A couple of weeks ago she did 100,000 steps in 5 days which beat many younger challengers. The only strange thing with this is that there is no shut down option. It does have a mindfulness application.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that one. I'm veering towards Fitbit as I'm concerned that if I go really cheap I'll just regret it and end up spending even more money buying one that does (most) of what I want.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mbaker - just had a quick look at the Fitbit Charge 2 on Amazon - bit too pricey I'm afraid.

But thanks for the recommendation.

M

mist

Thanks, I'll take a look at that one. I'm veering towards Fitbit as I'm concerned that if I go really cheap I'll just regret it and end up spending even more money buying one that does (most) of what I want.

Wii U with Wii fit :D

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a pro at Wii fit :D

A friend of mine had one year's ago and used to do the boxing mode (or whatever you call it) as well as others. She said it knackered her after a few mins and gave me a demo - it was hilarious watching her! :D

Reactions: ME_Valentijn
M

ME_Valentijn

I used to do Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii before I came down with ME/CFS. The trick to looking good is to do it while no one's watching :cool:

Reactions: tigerlily72

csko

I'm looking for some advice and recommendations as I'm planning on buying one. I need to make some lifestyle changes again and think this will help me.

Ok, so what do I want?

• Blood Pressure monitor if possible - I think I've heard of some that have this function??
  • Heart rate/pulse would be useful
  • Step count
  • Calorie count
  • Sleep Tracker (as I know my sleep quality is poor)
I have a Windows phone at present but I'm intending to change to Android (prob a Samsung J3 or J5)

Price - ideally less than £70 as I'm sure there must be a few out there that'll do what I'm after without the dearer price tag!? However, I would consider a pricier model depending on what it does.

I've been browsing Amazon but totally confused. I know you good people will help me to decide :)
Did you buy one? How are you getting on with it?

D

Deleted Account

I have a mii band 2. This has a few more functions than the original mii band (watch, step count, heart rate, night time activity, target "buzz", idle alert, alarm). It is still cheap compared to other alternatives.
It was my choice because of the size (not a clunky bit of plastic stuck to your wrist at all times) and doesn't look tacky.

Whilst it is cheap, it is good quality. The battery lasts about a month. It is very reactive to steps. The phone app is much easier to read and navigate than others.
My partner bought a Garmin. He chose it so he can download his stats to Vitality (who do not recognise mii). But he spends many hours swearing at the app. However, it has the advantage of a watch battery which lasts a year rather than many bands with batteries that last less than a week: it doesn't matter how much functionality they have if the battery is always running low.

janrat68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just seen thi thread i have a fitbit alta you can get the fitbit charge hr of ebay for round 30 quid eve n thge second hand altra are brill cos u can change the straps n they only cost a couple of quid new swar by mine n the app is easy to use on an andriod phone

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Anyone have a fitbit with it's own GPS?
I found step counting wasn't accurate when I was walking, and connected GPS wasn't too good if I tucked my phone away.
In the end I bought a Garmin Fenix, good for keeping a track of where you are, and where you've been, but a bit chunky, and no good for vital signs.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal that slow roasted lamb sounds incredible.
Is the fitness tracker one you wear on your wrist? What does it measure? ( sorry should have asked that on the exercise thread - maybe answer there)
Nice bowl - part of your lovely crockery set.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal that slow roasted lamb sounds incredible.
Is the fitness tracker one you wear on your wrist? What does it measure? ( sorry should have asked that on the exercise thread - maybe answer there)
Nice bowl - part of your lovely crockery set.

Hi. Yes, fitness tracker is worn on the wrist. Measures steps, distance, active minutes, sleep (that’s the interest for me) and calories burned. Pic attached.

Bowl is part of a range - all items have been bought as singles (from the 212 skyline, Brooklyn and collage city ranges) in my favourite shop in New York. Worth a visit if you’re there and great souvenirs. Planning a few more purchases in the summer. https://fishseddy.com/

Attachments

• A2A9ADE3-6BBC-4364-8155-A12C01DD0638.jpeg
    A2A9ADE3-6BBC-4364-8155-A12C01DD0638.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 62C92A38-8FB7-4349-BD87-9058B09B37E2.jpeg
    62C92A38-8FB7-4349-BD87-9058B09B37E2.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Reactions: Pipp

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Yes, fitness tracker is worn on the wrist. Measures steps, distance, active minutes, sleep (that’s the interest for me) and calories burned. Pic attached.

Bowl is part of a range - all items have been bought as singles (from the 212 skyline, Brooklyn and collage city ranges) in my favourite shop in New York. Worth a visit if you’re there and great souvenirs. Planning a few more purchases in the summer. https://fishseddy.com/

Really good price for the tracker, think I might take a look - Ive been toying with the idea of a fitbit type of thing but they are expensive and I’m not sure I’ll make full use. This looks like a good place to start.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs ...mi fit band 3
Link.

5 atmospheres £26 odd quid .amazon.english not Chinese.
Hr tracker .(just bear in mind screen is SWIPE.. I've never used in pool, but those who did state that while stats ARE collated, screen due to water is ineffective.
I'd say start activity .then swim. Dry off check phone app stats )
Thanks for that. I think it is one I had looked at.