Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
@Diamum5972 I hope you feel better soon. Is it a bad cold or still tummy upset?
Thanks Vicky - it's a bad cold, luckily the upset tummy went away after a couple of days. I've also had a backache because of all the tossing and turning I've been doing at night

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm retired now, hubby retired in May of last year so we go walking together. He's very physically fit and keeps me motivated. First walk straight after breakfast, second- either in afternoon if doing longer walk or, if 40min walk -after dinner more usually. Walking has always been a big part of our family life and we go on walking holidays rather than lying around a pool or beach. When it's raining or if I have a cold etc I have to force myself to go. It's a big weapon in my armoury for keeping the BG levels steady, today I've been 4.7, 4.8 - 5.0, 4.6 - 5.0, 5.3. @ickihun is going to go swimming, @Freema likes to exercise in the gym, looks like that fits your work/home schedule better. Good luck with whatever you do :)
We love walking holidays too. If we ever get to retire then we would do a lot more walking. Your numbers are brilliant, I am very jealous.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Morning all, my knee is much better now, thanks for asking, Vicki, swelling is gone and just have a slight ache there. Although - the older I get, the more I notice niggly pains in my joints etc. Something for you to look forward to :D

How are you today Johnny? @autisticwonder1970
Good Afternoon, @13lizanne, I'm very well, I'm so sorry I haven't posted, I had a fairly stressful day yesterday where I misspent all of my utility allowance on shopping for Lee and Ioanna who didn't have any money due to budgeting problems in their mental health conditions. I thought it was a nice thing to do, and Ioanna ("pet" as I call her because that's what Mum called me when I was a little boy) has promised to reimburse me the cost of the groceries on Wednesday afternoon when she receives her disability money and Lee, who has always been a wonderful support to me, through thick and thin, whom I extol with gratitude from my heart, has offered to pay me when he receives his disability money in two Thursdays time. The way I see it is that they're helping me to make my utility money stretch the whole 4 weeks so I've always got sufficient utilities (gas and electricity, £35.00 on each), for which I graciously bestow hugs and exaltations of thankfulness on them. They're like me, honest to a fault, and always honour their financial obligations. Ioanna and Lee were a bit concerned that I wasn't looking after myself very well in recent weeks because as Ioanna said she said I'm such a nice person and I shouldn't be relying on ready meals, loaded with glucose and sodium, but cooking food from fresh, as she does. Living off of tomato sandwiches and high-carb pizzas and ready meals plus not getting adequate exercise and activity is making me feel very poorly. Anyway, I saw my psychologist today for my CBT and she drew me up a timetable to help get me in to a routine that is more beneficial for my health, such as getting plenty of activity, eating at the same time each day, doing the Youtube muscular lower back pain work-outs and taking my meds and taking my blood sugars 2 hours after every meal, 3 meals per day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. For my exercise regime, we've decided on a brisk walk around the block at 10:00 ante meridian and 1:45 post meridian plus daily Youtube muscular lower back pain work-outs. I feel very happy and encouraged about this.

Lots of love from Johnny (@autisticwonder1970) Baker, a Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
That's a very positive plan to introduce regular exercise into your day Johnny, well done on following your psych's advice about exercise, now will you try to eat breakfast lunch and dinner regularly too? That would be excellent
@autisticwonder1970

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
We love walking holidays too. If we ever get to retire then we would do a lot more walking. Your numbers are brilliant, I am very jealous.
It took me a lot of hard work at the beginning but once you get control of the blood sugars and get established in the lchf way of eating it's much easier. However, I do have times where I'm ill and can't eat lchf and my levels are affected by severe inflammation, my numbers can be 2-3 points higher than yesterday. It's SO frustrating! I've also been known to give in to a hot cross buns or similar :D. We're all human but I do try to keep my readings consistent even when they are higher because I believe it's the spikes that do the damage. I find it easier to cut certain foods out completely rather than have them occasionally, are you the same or are you able to have just a little of what you fancy?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
That's a very positive plan to introduce regular exercise into your day Johnny, well done on following your psych's advice about exercise, now will you try to eat breakfast lunch and dinner regularly too? That would be excellent
@autisticwonder1970
I certainly shall really step out and give it my best shot, @13lizanne, my lovely friend.Routines are second nature to some on the autism spectrum except when demotivation shatters them all and makes them ineffectual. That last bit comes from my depression rather than the Asperger Syndrome although depression and anxiety can be an all-pervading feature of conditions on the autism spectrum. The cognitive behaviour therapist will help me if I find it hard and help me to discover the precipitants for difficulty adjusting to the treatment. So far, since I arrived back home from where I saw the psychologist, I've eaten a minced beef hot-pot ready meal and did my muscular lower back pain Youtube work-out.

Much love to yourself, @13lizanne, @debrasue and @ickihun and prayers going out to all of you, plus @Diamum5972 from Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Vicky - it's a bad cold, luckily the upset tummy went away after a couple of days. I've also had a backache because of all the tossing and turning I've been doing at night
Are you feeling a bit better now? I hope you have a few things to look forward to, in the pipeline?
The sun today was hot here. Wind kept us cool. Washing dried without much hanging around. I love fresh dried clothes. The gardens are looking so pretty this time of year too.
I'm thinking of having a new lavender plant in front garden. They're my favourite. They remind me of happy times. Times that seem unimportant to some but not me. I love taking good things from the past along into the future. Why should they be lost. :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Waiting for little one to conk out. Did walking today but not as local. I'm doing painkillers back to back which still doesn't take pain away but giving me less sweating. Hoping for a not so sweaty night, tonight. Mind u very mild and no heating on. Hurray!
I might have to buy replacement salts (dehydration salts). Had nasty cramps a few days ago. Had a mini pork pie earlier. Salt in those. I understand dehydration salts have all things in we normally lose in loose tummy and vomiting days. None of that just constant sweats. :(

Reactions: 13lizanne

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Vicky, one of the side effects of taking Tramadol is excessive sweating. Even when you cease taking Tramadol you continue to sweat excessively for several weeks later until the drug is completely out of your system.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my lovely friends,

My fasting blood sugar this morning was 6.4 mmol before meds and after 1 mug of instant coffee with 1 teaspoonful of Nestle CoffeeMate Light and 2 teaspoonfuls of Sainsbury's Sucralose Granulated Artificial Sweetener.

Much Love to each and every one of you,

From,

Johnny xXx, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @TooManyCrisps .
I'm not sure how much you knew but in Nov I was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack. All tests have come back clear. My beta blocker was increased and so far so good. In fact no chest pains since angiogram on friday gone. Just palpatations. I'll see my gp about it next week.
I've signed up for bariatric surgery as lchf diet started adding weight on me and no change to meds with the start of palpatations. I've exhausted all diets. I'm just on 150g carb 70g protein and normal fat. I will be going low fat on the start of zenical on the 10th.
Furthermore I'm being changed from huge doses of mixed insulin which force me to eat 3 meals to seperate insulins on the 12th. When I can skip a meal as long as I use a basal injection that day.
I think my water tummy is from the insulin mix rather than heart failure. I was cleared with a good heart so I'm sure I'm right. :) :) :)
Oh and my thyroid was too high and had to be re-adjusted on less which made me cry a lot, then sleep. All dandy now thou.
As you can imagine I've had over 20 hospital appointment within that time. I'm exhausted!
Neither wonder my backs broke. Ha ha
Hi @ickihun glad all is ok with the heart at the moment and the extra bisoprolol is working.

Reactions: Liam1955

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It took me a lot of hard work at the beginning but once you get control of the blood sugars and get established in the lchf way of eating it's much easier. However, I do have times where I'm ill and can't eat lchf and my levels are affected by severe inflammation, my numbers can be 2-3 points higher than yesterday. It's SO frustrating! I've also been known to give in to a hot cross buns or similar :D. We're all human but I do try to keep my readings consistent even when they are higher because I believe it's the spikes that do the damage. I find it easier to cut certain foods out completely rather than have them occasionally, are you the same or are you able to have just a little of what you fancy?
I do try and eat LCHF. We still have two sons living at home (18;and 20) so there is a lot of high carb food in the house at all times! But I resist. I think one of my problems is being very sedentary during the day. So yesterday I was at a desk all morning until 2pm, then had to drive to a meeting 20 miles away, sat at the meeting until 5, drove home then failed to go to the gym as I was exhausted. So no exercise all day. I did go to the gym every other night this week though and am about to go for a 5km run this morning.
I have been eating LCHF for over a year now, my last HbA1c was 37 but I just can't get it down further.

Reactions: Ultramum
D

debrasue

I do try and eat LCHF. We still have two sons living at home (18;and 20) so there is a lot of high carb food in the house at all times! But I resist. I think one of my problems is being very sedentary during the day. So yesterday I was at a desk all morning until 2pm, then had to drive to a meeting 20 miles away, sat at the meeting until 5, drove home then failed to go to the gym as I was exhausted. So no exercise all day. I did go to the gym every other night this week though and am about to go for a 5km run this morning.
I have been eating LCHF for over a year now, my last HbA1c was 37 but I just can't get it down further.
Why the sad face for an HbA1c of 37? I'd be dancing with joy! :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Are you feeling a bit better now? I hope you have a few things to look forward to, in the pipeline?
The sun today was hot here. Wind kept us cool. Washing dried without much hanging around. I love fresh dried clothes. The gardens are looking so pretty this time of year too.
I'm thinking of having a new lavender plant in front garden. They're my favourite. They remind me of happy times. Times that seem unimportant to some but not me. I love taking good things from the past along into the future. Why should they be lost. :) :) :)
Thanks Vicky, today is a rather special day. My favourite knitting magazine runs an annual promotion called yarn shop day, if you visit one of the participating shops you get a discount on all the yarn, special goody bags and a cup of tea (and cake if you want it) My nearest store is in Sutton Coldfield which is the other side of Birmingham so I get a nice knitter's day out :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @TooManyCrisps :). I would be "over the moon" with a HBA1C of 37 = do you want to swop with mine of 60 (last result a few months ago).
You are doing fantastic, you want to praise yourself more. :)

Reactions: TooManyCrisps

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Vicky, today is a rather special day. My favourite knitting magazine runs an annual promotion called yarn shop day, if you visit one of the participating shops you get a discount on all the yarn, special goody bags and a cup of tea (and cake if you want it) My nearest store is in Sutton Coldfield which is the other side of Birmingham so I get a nice knitter's day out :)
Have a great day hun. :) :) :)