Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely, adorable little friends, today, Monday 24th April 2017 Anno Domini at 9:34 ante meridian British Summer Time,

I am posting to impart to you that I had a lovely, refreshing sleep apart from being awake for a few minutes in the early hours of this morning.

My medication has been administered orally into my mouth and my fasting blood glucose level is now 6.5 Millimoles Per Litre.

I haven't had anything to eat at this stage of the morning although in the early hours I consumed one tomato sandwich.

Much love to you for a cheery and exuberant day ahead.

From,

John David Baker ("Johnny" - @autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome with a past diagnosis of schizoid personality disorder xXx.

Reactions: Ultramum

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good morning, my lovely friends,

I am posting to impart that I had a lovely night's sleep last night and between 6:00-6:30 ante meridian British Summer Time I administered orally my morning prescriptive medication.

I just took my blood glucose and my fasting blood glucose level is 5.3 millimoles per litre. I haven't had anything to eat yet but yesterday evening I ingested a couple of lemon curd sandwiches.

Have a lovely day, my good friends.

From,

John David Baker (@autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome with a past 1993 diagnosis of schizoid personality disorder.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good evening my lovely, sweet friends on type 2 life,

I'm so sorry I haven't logged on for a couple of days. I've really been suffering in stabbing, twitching and burning muscular pains in my lower to upper back and left side and right side of my body as well as great discomfort in my tummy. the GP I saw today has given me an x-ray form for abdominal pain and a blood test form for hbA1c, liver and renal profiles and something else. she's concerned I'm not eating much or an adequate diet and is also concerned that I may not be passing many stools. she felt my tummy and it didn't hurt when she applied pressure on different parts of it although there was chronic aching in my lower to middle back and both sides of my torso.

I saw the dentist today and he's very happy with my teeth and gave them all a good clean with a scraping device.

my friend mary brought a cheesy pizza round for me today.

have a really gorgeous, exquisite little evening my dear friends.

love from john David baker, a sufferer of Asperger syndrome, schizoid personality, idiopathic megacolon, musculoskeletal disorder and nocturnal enuresis. xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've just eaten and enjoyed, now, at 12:03 Midnight, on Friday 28th April 2017 AD, a lovely fat doner kebab that my kind fellow diabetic Greek friend Ioanna - female - bought for me with strips of lamb, pita bread and salad with raw onions and drenched in chilli and garlic sauces. Ioanna is a Greek insulin-dependant type 2 diabetic who is 41 years of age with borderline personality disorder, psychosis, hyperglycemia, gastritis and spinal abnormalities and acute pancreatitis. Ioanna is one of my dearest friends - along with Lee Collingwood, of course - who supports me with my struggles on the autism spectrum. She also bought me 30 grammes of Holborn Yellow tobacco with papers. I show reciprocity by doing shopping for her every Thursday out of my pocket money with my Carer.

I'm really pleased with my new laptop as it is a wonderful computer.

Reactions: 13lizanne

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my dear, sweet and lovely friends on Type 2 Life,

I am posting to impart that I had a lovely, refreshing night's sleep last night. About 10 minutes ago I ingested a tomato sandwich.

My blood glucose level, this morning, was 5.8 Millimoles Per Litre.

Love you lots from Johnny xXx.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Excellent blood glucose reading today Johnny,. I like your new avatar pic, you look very smart! I hope you have a great Bank Holiday weekend

Last edited:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Evening, my lovely friends,

According to Google, and the symptom line up for gastroenteritis, I think this is what might be causing the abdominal pain that I have been experiencing recently as well as unbloody diarrhoea and the tiny bit of fever that I have had as well as a bit of a headache. I've had viral gastroenteritis before a long time ago according to my health records via Patient Access online. I am due to have an x-ray and blood tests at the radiology and haematology departments at St Thomas Hospital early on Tuesday morning after the bank holiday has come and gone. I have noticed that the ibuprofen, pain relieving and muscle relaxant gel helps the pain, though so it might be musculoskeletal. Either way, it'll get sorted out soon.

A friend who is Church of England (Matthew) is bringing a new microwave oven over for me this evening because I and Lee noticed that the one that Ioanna gave to me about 3 weeks ago is dangerous to use and makes a lot of weird noises and cooks the food unevenly and burns it in parts. Lee was concerned it would blow if I don't get rid of it. Matthew doesn't want any money for it, he's just happy to help in his usual altruistic, philanthropic way. We often watch the Christian broadcasts on Sky together, pray together and listen to hymns on youtube together. He's even taken me to an evangelical c of e church locally to my flat to learn about the man Jesus and partake in the intercessions and hymn-singing which I really enjoy.

My blood sugar was a very good 4.8 mmol earlier.

Lots of love to you and may God richly bless you all.

From,

John David Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and a past diagnosis of schizoid personality and bipolar disorder. xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Immense stabbing muscular cramp pains whenever I move to the left side, right side, lower to middle back and pretty much ongoing. Going for an X-Ray and blood tests at haematology and X-Ray departments of St Thomas Hospital tomorrow early. I've eaten 2 sardine sandwiches made with Sainsbury's Sardines in Tomato sauce and Sainsbury's Basics wholemeal bread. My Asperger Syndrome isn't too bad, however, and I'm compliant with all my prescribed medication for it. Couldn't take my blood sugar because I don't have any test strips. I'm in a lot of physical pain.

S

serenity648

Immense stabbing muscular cramp pains whenever I move to the left side, right side, lower to middle back and pretty much ongoing. Going for an X-Ray and blood tests at haematology and X-Ray departments of St Thomas Hospital tomorrow early. I've eaten 2 sardine sandwiches made with Sainsbury's Sardines in Tomato sauce and Sainsbury's Basics wholemeal bread. My Asperger Syndrome isn't too bad, however, and I'm compliant with all my prescribed medication for it. Couldn't take my blood sugar because I don't have any test strips. I'm in a lot of physical pain.

have you done any lifting or twisting recently?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
have you done any lifting or twisting recently?
Yes, I have, my friend, although it was very severe before, if I'm honest, due to my musculoskeletal abnormality caused by wear and tear. I carried a microwave oven to the rubbish because it was defective after my friend Matthew brought a brand new one round yesterday. My other friend Lee offered to carry it down for me but he was feeling nauseous and light headed with taking too many Nicorette NRT gums, he's a suicidal paranoid schizophrenic who is trying to quit smoking cigarettes. If I'm honest, I've always struggled with being a victim of unequal sharing with my Asperger Syndrome and in the not too distant past may have damaged some muscles through doing strenuous gardening, cleaning and heavy shopping work for friends and that might, but I'm not sure, put a strain on and caused damage to my musculature. I'm classified as a highly vulnerable adult and although not all AS people experience this, some do. Lee wasn't feeling very well earlier and I didn't want him to get ill, that's just courteous consideration I felt for him.

S

serenity648

Yes, I have, my friend, although it was very severe before, if I'm honest, due to my musculoskeletal abnormality caused by wear and tear. I carried a microwave oven to the rubbish because it was defective after my friend Matthew brought a brand new one round yesterday. My other friend Lee offered to carry it down for me but he was feeling nauseous and light headed with taking too many Nicorette NRT gums, he's a suicidal paranoid schizophrenic who is trying to quit smoking cigarettes. If I'm honest, I've always struggled with being a victim of unequal sharing with my Asperger Syndrome and in the not too distant past may have damaged some muscles through doing strenuous gardening, cleaning and heavy shopping work for friends and that might, but I'm not sure, put a strain on and caused damage to my musculature. I'm classified as a highly vulnerable adult and although not all AS people experience this, some do. Lee wasn't feeling very well earlier and I didn't want him to get ill, that's just courteous consideration I felt for him.
That was most kind of you. You may have pulled your intercostal muscles. Good wishes for your hospital check ups tomorrow, and well done for being medically compliant.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I really feel the love in the Type 2 Life forum and love being a member of www.diabetes.co.uk. You've all been very loving and kind towards me and for that, I'm wholly and entirely grateful. I love to read all your posts in great, meticulous detail as it gives me a broader scope on diabetes and gives me inspiration as to how I manage my conditions. Having diabetes and being on the autism spectrum can be an uphill struggle but I want to let you know that having you guys as my friends take the weight off my shoulders. Thanks so much, I'll always be grateful for the www.diabetes.lco.uk members and moderators in every way, shape and form and also Louise on www.diabetes.co.uk/lowcarb website. Thank you and much love to you always and forever. xXx. From Johnny (@autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
I used to come onto this forum regularly but stopped last autumn, no particular reason, just very busy. Anyway, thought id come back and say hello to everyone, im not sure who is still around - i used to chat to Liam, Hiitsme, Ickihun, can't remember who else.
I have been doing fine. My latest HBA1C was 37 (i was 97 on diagnosis 16 months ago) and im still managing to avoid the dreaded medication. Long may it continue! I am still low carbing but not worrying as much about portion size, but that has led to me puttng on 8lbs since Christmas so I need to ho back to smaller portions. . Im

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
I used to come onto this forum regularly but stopped last autumn, no particular reason, just very busy. Anyway, thought id come back and say hello to everyone, im not sure who is still around - i used to chat to Liam, Hiitsme, Ickihun, can't remember who else.
I have been doing fine. My latest HBA1C was 37 (i was 97 on diagnosis 16 months ago) and im still managing to avoid the dreaded medication. Long may it continue! I am still low carbing but not worrying as much about portion size, but that has led to me puttng on 8lbs since Christmas so I need to ho back to smaller portions. . Im

Good to hear from you. I'm still just about keeping my diabetes under control - my HbA1c went up to 35. I'm now having to watch my weight again, I lost too much weight and was told to put weight on as I was showing signs of malnourishment but am now finding it difficult to stop putting weight on!
I will tag @Liam1955 and @ickihun for you.

Reactions: Ultramum

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear from you. I'm still just about keeping my diabetes under control - my HbA1c went up to 35. I'm now having to watch my weight again, I lost too much weight and was told to put weight on as I was showing signs of malnourishment but am now finding it difficult to stop putting weight on!
I will tag @Liam1955 and @ickihun for you.
Hi @Hiitsme. Wow, struggling to put weight on - that's never been my problem! But it must be frustrating for you when you've worked so hard to get good control.
Is LizAnne still around as well?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi @TooManyCrisps Good to see you back posting again. Yes, I'm still here and still avoiding the meds too. I make three of us along with yourself and @Hiitsme who recently put weight back on. Still struggling with the last few pounds and- yes, I also saw a slight rise in HbA1c and daily fingerprick tests when I put the 10lbs on . It did serve to remind me that this is a lifestyle change that we can't deviate from. Unfortunately I have another medical condition which prevents me eating LCHF when I'm suffering a flare up. From now on it's IF or even full fasting for me when ill, I can't go back to higher carbs without the addiction starting up again:hungry: More bread more potatoes I cry! I hope that life is treating you well and that you'll continue to post on the forum - it's really great to hear from you:playful: